Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Bill Kristol to Bill Maher: ‘Total Bulls***’ Tea Party Was Established as Response to Black President

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 1:40 PM
Eds
  • 27 Replies

Conservative political analyst Bill Kristol hit back Friday night at comedian Bill Maher’s assertion that the Tea Party was established because of hatred for America’s first black president.

“It was about a black president,” Maher said, referring to the genesis of the Tea Party.

“That’s bulls***,” Kristol countered. “That is total bulls***.”

Watch the exchange (Editor’s Note: Some foul language):

“You think tens of millions of people just out there — even you don’t believe that,” he added. “You’re just saying that.”

“I totally believe that,” Maher insisted.

Matthew 6:24

No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mikiemom
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 1:48 PM
3 moms liked this

They do spend quite a bit of time hating the black man in the white house versus trying to fix this countries problems.

-Celestial-
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Bullshit Kristol. This just happens to be a coincidence

Tea Party Celebrates 5 Year Anniversary

http://freebeacon.com/tea-party-celebrates-5-year-anniversary/
jobseeker
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 3:03 PM
2 moms liked this

Bill Maher is a stand up camedian.  Why does ANYONE think he is worth listening to.

I am not a member, or even necessarily a fan of tea party politics, but the name stands for 

Taxed

Enough

Already

Whether you agree with them or not, I don't care, but be real about what they stand for.

mikiemom
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 3:14 PM
2 moms liked this

I believe that some people actually wanted to do something about taxes, but what they did was in fact enable the corporate raiders to ensure that the 1% were not taxed fairly. The Koch brothers marketing teams have done a great job playing on the fears of the uneducated right wing christian fantatics so what we are left with is a mix, of racist bigots who are crippled by their religion.

Quoting jobseeker:

Bill Maher is a stand up camedian.  Why does ANYONE think he is worth listening to.

I am not a member, or even necessarily a fan of tea party politics, but the name stands for 

Taxed

Enough

Already

Whether you agree with them or not, I don't care, but be real about what they stand for.

jobseeker
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I am not a tea party member or supporter, I do like SOME candidates that have tea party affiliations.

I agree that the Koch brothers are a$$holes, and that there is an incredible income disparity and tax disparity, but I don't agree that there are more racist bigots in the tea party than in the population in general.  I have seen and heard as much disturbing race baiting speech from the far left as from the far right.

As far as your reference to christian fanatic...  why insult?  I read Christian bashing everywhere, This reference takes my opinion of you down a notch.  Directing any insult to one's faith (or lack of faith) is contemptible.  

Quoting mikiemom:

I believe that some people actually wanted to do something about taxes, but what they did was in fact enable the corporate raiders to ensure that the 1% were not taxed fairly. The Koch brothers marketing teams have done a great job playing on the fears of the uneducated right wing christian fantatics so what we are left with is a mix, of racist bigots who are crippled by their religion.

Quoting jobseeker:

Taxed

Enough

Already

mikiemom
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 3:28 PM

I'm not bashing all christians - just the ones who think our laws should reflect their version of the christian religion.

Quoting jobseeker:

I am not a tea party member or supporter, I do like SOME candidates that have tea party affiliations.

I agree that the Koch brothers are a$$holes, and that there is an incredible income disparity and tax disparity, but I don't agree that there are more racist bigots in the tea party than in the population in general.  I have seen and heard as much disturbing race baiting speech from the far left as from the far right.

As far as your reference to christian fanatic...  why insult?  I read Christian bashing everywhere, This reference takes my opinion of you down a notch.  Directing any insult to one's faith (or lack of faith) is contemptible.  

Quoting mikiemom:

Quoting jobseeker:

Taxed

Enough

Already

jobseeker
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this

why should a Christian ( or Muslim, or Jew) have to accept a law that ignores their religious values or forces them to be complicit in behavior / events that they find immoral?

Quoting mikiemom:

I'm not bashing all christians - just the ones who think our laws should reflect their version of the christian religion.

Quoting jobseeker:

Quoting mikiemom:

Quoting jobseeker:

Taxed

Enough

Already

mikiemom
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Because nobody is forcing a christian muslim or jew to do anything against their religion. If your religion says you should discriminate against someone else, you are just going to have to deal. If your religion says you should murder another because they don't believe in your religion you are going to have to live without murdering others.

Quoting jobseeker:

why should a Christian ( or Muslim, or Jew) have to accept a law that ignores their religious values or forces them to be complicit in behavior / events that they find immoral?

Quoting mikiemom:

Quoting jobseeker:

Quoting mikiemom:

Quoting jobseeker:

Taxed

Enough

Already

jobseeker
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 4:00 PM

My FAITH tells me that all human life is valuable and irreplaceable, I feel that funding abortions would make me complicit in sin.  I support the fight against Obama's Health and Human services mandate. 

My faith also tells me that same sex relationships are not in accordance with God's plan.  I support state sponsored licenses, but I would not support an effort to pressure churches to be perform weddings.  I support a private business' right to choose their customers, but not to bar a specific population.

in another post a Muslim man was criticized for not agreeing to transport alcohol or animals in his cab.  that would make him compromise his religious tenants.  Is it okay to FORCE him to break his religous rules? 

Quoting mikiemom:

Because nobody is forcing a christian muslim or jew to do anything against their religion. If your religion says you should discriminate against someone else, you are just going to have to deal. If your religion says you should murder another because they don't believe in your religion you are going to have to live without murdering others.

Quoting jobseeker:

Quoting mikiemom:

Quoting jobseeker:

Quoting mikiemom:

Quoting jobseeker:

Taxed

Enough

Already

mikiemom
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 4:07 PM
2 moms liked this

No-one is forcing you to have an abortion, no-one is forcing you to marry someone of the same sex. If the muslim dude doesn't want to transport a dog he can find another like of business. Your religion does not give you the right to discriminate. Those of us who do not agree with you should not have to follow your religions laws period.

Quoting jobseeker:

My FAITH tells me that all human life is valuable and irreplaceable, I feel that funding abortions would make me complicit in sin.  I support the fight against Obama's Health and Human services mandate. 

My faith also tells me that same sex relationships are not in accordance with God's plan.  I support state sponsored licenses, but I would not support an effort to pressure churches to be perform weddings.  I support a private business' right to choose their customers, but not to bar a specific population.

in another post a Muslim man was criticized for not agreeing to transport alcohol or animals in his cab.  that would make him compromise his religious tenants.  Is it okay to FORCE him to break his religous rules? 

Quoting mikiemom:

Quoting jobseeker:

Quoting mikiemom:

Quoting jobseeker:

Quoting mikiemom:

Quoting jobseeker:

Taxed

Enough

Already

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN