Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

CREEPING SHARIA: U.S. Military Hires Muslim Terror-Tied Chaplains

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 9:38 AM
  • 38 Replies
1 mom liked this

The Islamic Society of North America (ISNA), a U.S. Muslim Brotherhood entity, is proudly announcing that the U.S. military is again using their chaplains for active-duty service after a 15-year lull.

ISNA has a well-documented extremist history. In 1991, the Muslim Brotherhood listed ISNA as one of its main fronts. Declassified FBI memos said ISNA is a component of the Muslim Brotherhood, who sees its “work in America as a kind of grand jihad in eliminating and destroying the Western civilization from within.”

In 2007, the U.S. government labeled ISNA a U.S. Muslim Brotherhood entity and an unindicted co-conspirator in a terrorism-financing trial involving the Holy Land Foundation funneling money to Hamas. The label was upheld in 2009 because of “ample” evidence linking ISNA to Hamas. Last year, ISNA’s Canadian affiliate lost its status as a charity because of its accounting discrepancies and links to Pakistani terrorists.

The two chaplains endorsed by ISNA are Sgt. Mustapha Rahouchen, who will be used by the U.S. Army, and Captain Rafael Lantiqua, who was chosen by the U.S. Air Force.

In April 2013, the Clarion Project broke the story that the U.S. Air Force Chaplain Corps had paid ISNA almost $5,000 for two advertisements in its magazine. When we contacted the Air Force about ISNA’s ties to the Brotherhood, we received the following response:

“The Islamic Society of North America is one of many religious organizations recognized by the Department of Defense that satisfy the ecclesiastical requirements to endorse qualified religious ministry professionals to serve as chaplains within the Military Departments.”

This story speaks to the broader threat posed by Islamist involvement in Muslim chaplain programs.

Read more at http://clashdaily.com/2014/03/creeping-sharia-u-s-military-hires-muslim-terror-tied-chaplains/#LGWbpALd2ZQQBKri.99
by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VoodooVixen
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 2:19 PM
If they want to serve what is the issue?
Coconutty4Hubby
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:55 AM
3 moms liked this
Terrorism...

Quoting VoodooVixen: If they want to serve what is the issue?
143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 1:41 AM

**sigh**

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 1:56 AM
3 moms liked this

Because, Obama.

mikiemom
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:57 AM

Not all Muslims are terrorists but ya'll wouldn't understand that because not all christians are bigots but since many of you are you all the all when the word christian is mentioned.

Just want to add, it is just as wrong to create laws based on Sharia as it is the christian bible.

nb34
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this

ISNA, is not a Muslim Brotherhood entity. What nonsense. This is just pure fear mongering and bullshit. Shame on you people for being such bigots.

nb34
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

There was nothing there about creating laws based on Sharia. The chaplain is not creating laws. If Muslims in the military wants a guidence of a Muslim chaplain for their daily religious rituals, I don't see any problem with that. How is that an issue?They have the right to their religious practices. If a Muslim is wounded and dying in a battle, should a christian priest pray over them, or a Muslim chaplain?

There was nothing about making laws. Chaplains don't make laws.

Quoting mikiemom:

Not all Muslims are terrorists but ya'll wouldn't understand that because not all christians are bigots but since many of you are you all the all when the word christian is mentioned.

Just want to add, it is just as wrong to create laws based on Sharia as it is the christian bible.

mikiemom
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Shouting up the wrong tree, I see nothing wrong with them being chaplains either. The article references Sharia law - the same people in this group whose minds explode when you say the word Sharia also seem to think this countries laws should be based on their particular version of abrahamic religion. just saying they are hypocrits is all.

Quoting nb34:

There was nothing there about creating laws based on Sharia. The chaplain is not creating laws. If Muslims in the military wants a guidence of a Muslim chaplain for their daily religious rituals, I don't see any problem with that. How is that an issue?They have the right to their religious practices. If a Muslim is wounded and dying in a battle, should a christian priest pray over them, or a Muslim chaplain?

Quoting mikiemom:

nb34
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:31 AM

Yep, they are hypocrites. If a Muslim prays five times a day, or is buried based on Islamic rituals, that mean he/she is following sharia. It doesn't mean they are making everyone else do the same, or that every fallen soldier is going to be buried based on Islamic rituals. This is just bunch of hyperbole, meant for fear mongering.

Quoting mikiemom:

Shouting up the wrong tree, I see nothing wrong with them being chaplains either. The article references Sharia law - the same people in this group whose minds explode when you say the word Sharia also seem to think this countries laws should be based on their particular version of abrahamic religion. just saying they are hypocrits is all.

Quoting nb34:

Quoting mikiemom:

mikiemom
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:35 AM

Yes, I know I spent 90 days deployed in Saudi and couldn't do my job because of being female lol so I sat in the warehouse and drank tea with man who worked on base. Lol I spent 90 days discussing the Koran. We have quite a few Muslims in the miltary so there needs to be chaplains in the service for their needs.

Quoting nb34:

Yep, they are hypocrites. If a Muslim prays five times a day, or is buried based on Islamic rituals, that mean he/she is following sharia. It doesn't mean they are making everyone else do the same, or that every fallen soldier is going to be buried based on Islamic rituals. This is just bunch of hyperbole, meant for fear mongering.

Quoting mikiemom:

Quoting nb34:

Quoting mikiemom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)