Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Pope Francis Shocks Audience When He Drops an F-Bomb

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 9:44 AM
  • 3 Replies
1 mom liked this

Pope Francis Shocks Audience When He Drops an F-Bomb

by Rebecca Stokes

pope francis swearsPope Francis of the Roman Catholic Church has definitely made it clear that he plans on modernizing the church. This leaves us wondering if the F-bomb he delivered at the Vatican the other day was just another example of the dude keeping it real, trying to be like the people. You know, just another gangsta and former nightclub bouncer. Next week in the tabloids: "Pope Francis -- He's Just Like You!" This text would be followed by a picture of him giving someone (in my mind it's Bono) the finger.

Don't worry, while Francis might be a revolutionary kind of new leader for the church, he won't be buying motorcycles or having "Bad to the Bone" sung in St. Peter's anytime soon. When he cursed in a speech in the Vatican on Sunday, it wasn't exactly intentional. If anything it was a totally understandable flub in a language that isn't his native tongue.

The pope, a native Argentinian, was delivering a speech on charity in Italian to a large crowd. He mixed up two words in Italian that are very, very similar in sound -- but verrrrry different in meaning. He meant to say 'caso,' which means 'for example,' and instead he said 'cazzo,' which means f*ck.

I can think of other prominent beloved international figures who've done the same sort of thing. Exhibit Kennedy's whole "I'm a donut" debacle while visiting Berlin. It's a funny enough anecdote to be sure and makes for a great media sound-byte. Though admittedly, I wish we lived in a world where we were focusing more on the guy's awesome message and less on his flubs.

Have you ever accidentally cursed in a public setting?

by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Coconutty4Hubby
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:48 AM
I cuss 24/7. Nothing to be ashamed of. He's human. Nice attribute to have in this day in age, knowing not everyone is perfect...
little.worthen
by Tess on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:58 AM
My personal beliefs of this pope are WAY too unpopular for me to form a public opinion on this.
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:03 AM

. When he cursed in a speech in the Vatican on Sunday, it wasn't exactly intentional. If anything it was a totally understandable flub in a language that isn't his native tongue.He mixed up two words in Italian that are very, very similar in sound -- but verrrrry different in meaning. He meant to say 'caso,' which means 'for example,' and instead he said 'cazzo,' which means f*ck.

Moving on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN