Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Obama: 'I Don't Have Time to Waste. The Clock Is Ticking.'

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:45 PM
Eds
  • 6 Replies

The Blog

Obama: 'I Don't Have Time to Waste. The Clock Is Ticking.'

Added pict..

'We have our blind spots and we have our dogmas and we've got our crazy folks.'

7:17 AM, Mar 12, 2014 • By DANIEL HALPER

President Obama knows that his time is almost up. It's a point he's making to liberal Democratic donors to get them to donate generously in this year's mid-term election.

At a Democratic fundraiser last night in New York City, President Obama said, "I hope you will all step up because, although I'm very optimistic about our long-term trends, the notion that we would waste two years in further inaction rather than move boldly on a path that I think all of us in this room agree on -- we don't have time to waste."

The president continued, "I don't have time to waste.  The clock is ticking.  There’s less than two years left -- less than three years left.  I want to squeeze every last little bit of work that I can during the remainder of my term so that, looking back, I'm going to be able to say that we left everything on the field and every single person I could help in this office -- which is such an incredible privilege -- I helped."

But before that, Obama also took an opportunity in the middle of the fundraiser, to tweak Democrats. "And the fact of the matter is that Democrats are not without our flaws.  We have our blind spots and we have our dogmas and we've got our crazy folks," Obama said as the crowd laughed.  

"But as a whole, this is a party that is serious about making sure that America is growing and offering opportunity to everybody.  And the story many of you here in this room have lived, the success that you’ve lived out, what we're about is making sure a whole bunch of kids behind us can live out that same success.  And if I have just a smidgeon of a cooperative Congress, think what we can do these next two and a half years."

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Analeigh2012
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this

This made me both proud of Obama and then laugh out loud.... proud because he admitted he has wasted time through inaction:

the notion that we would waste two years in further inaction 

Laugh because it is absurd for him to even imply, much less say out loud, that he has left future generations a good America!

But as a whole, this is a party that is serious about making sure that America is growing and offering opportunity to everybody.  And the story many of you here in this room have lived, the success that you’ve lived out, what we're about is making sure a whole bunch of kids behind us can live out that same success.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Ha.

O's been wasting the American people's time for over five years.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this

buttersworth
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:17 AM

There has not been a word uttered out of this man's mouth that a normal thinking person could find to be trustworthy except in that maybe it has a double entendre that is less attractive than it's superficial meaning.

And the fact that he bashes the republicans is a huge joke simply for the fact that democrats and republicans, most of them, if you turn 'em upside down, look pretty much identical

i hope sincerely that hilary clinton does not make it to the white house as commander in cheif, nor would I like to see someone like chris christie....and not that fraud of a libertarian leaning Ted Cruz either.

rand paul all the way. i wanna see him go in there and smack down all the corruption. obama will probably be on a beach in hawaii when that happens, enjoying fresh air and his private health insurance while he drinks 32 oz soft drinks and flies sans harrassment from the tsa

lylalane7275
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:20 AM

YES!!

Quoting buttersworth:

There has not been a word uttered out of this man's mouth that a normal thinking person could find to be trustworthy except in that maybe it has a double entendre that is less attractive than it's superficial meaning.

And the fact that he bashes the republicans is a huge joke simply for the fact that democrats and republicans, most of them, if you turn 'em upside down, look pretty much identical

i hope sincerely that hilary clinton does not make it to the white house as commander in cheif, nor would I like to see someone like chris christie....and not that fraud of a libertarian leaning Ted Cruz either.

rand paul all the way. i wanna see him go in there and smack down all the corruption. obama will probably be on a beach in hawaii when that happens, enjoying fresh air and his private health insurance while he drinks 32 oz soft drinks and flies sans harrassment from the tsa

Outspoken.Mime
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Well he did have a Democratic Congress at the beginning of his presidency.  What excuse does he have for not getting anything done then?

Why is nothing EVER his fault?  Even the clusterfuck of his signature legislation is not his fault.  The failure of his own stimulus package, not his fault.  Nothing is his fault, ever.  Its truly amazing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)