Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Obamacare Was Not Designed To Get Insurance To the Uninsured

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:17 PM
  • 16 Replies
2 moms liked this

Last week, the Washington Post delivered a bombshell report: "Only one in 10 uninsured people who qualify for private plans through the new marketplaces enrolled as of last month." Instead, the overwhelming majority of those who are enrolling in insurance plans on the ObamaCare exchanges already had insurance.

The lie of the year for 2013 was President Obama's promise that, "if you like your plan, you can keep it." The lie of the year for 2014 is going to be the claim that ObamaCare would insure the uninsured.

ObamaCare has failed to attract those who lack health insurance, seemingly because they have decided that the premiums are too high for the bare-bones coverage the exchanges offer. In other words, the Affordable Care Act has failed to offer affordable care. Instead, most of ObamaCare's sign-ups are merely migrating over from an existing health-insurance plan-in many cases involuntarily, after their plans were canceled for failing to comply with new ObamaCare regulations.

So what, then, was the point of ObamaCare?

One of the key architects of the law, Ezekiel Emanuel, has been starting to dish the inside scoop on how ObamaCare was put together, because he has a book to flog. Usually, this sort of thing is supposed to happen only years after the law takes effect, but that might be "never," given the administration's habit of deferring the law's key provisions year after year. So the insiders' books are going to come out first, and they're going to start saying some unexpectedly honest things about the law's purpose.

Emanuel gives us one big answer to our question. What was the point of ObamaCare, if not to insure the uninsured? To destroy the insurance companies.

Obamacare was not designed to help the uninsured, it was designed to destroy freedom in medicine, and to bring "change" to the relationship of citizen to government.

We're all subjects now, dependent on insane elites who have convinced themselves they know what is best about everything.

At least... they "hope" against every shred of historical evidence that they do.

Dorothy Height Funeral

by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:24 PM
2 moms liked this

Exactly.  I don't have much time right now, but I'll be back to leave my words of wisdom later .  lol

Proud2baMuslim
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:44 PM

Excuse me if I've already posted about this and am repeating myself. I have been on CM so little I don't remember. Back several weeks ago at least more than a month ago I went to the ER. I went where my doctor works out of which is one of the nicer hospitals with a very good reputation. I couldn't believe it that they had myself and about 15 or 20 other patients in strechers lined up one side of the wall and down the other in the hall way because they didn't have beds or rooms for us. I have never seen such a thing not even in what is famous for being a crappy hospital and most certainly not my hospital.

I made mention to my nurse that this must be the out come of Obama care kicking in. She rolled her eyes and said it had been a big mess every since.

She said she she was worried about what was going to end happening to people of low income on Medicaid and seniors on Medicare because as we all know the reasoning for those who do not qualify for the programs are stuck with out rages premiums to carry the weight of those low income and seniors who do qualify but people are refusing to pay it and even those who make too much to qualify some of them can't even afford it or being forced to change doctors had been basically using the ER as a doctors office. She said she was very concerned because of this and not enough people signing up to cover those who qualify for the programs as originally intended that the low income and seniors will end up with no coverage due to lack of funding.

I don't know first hand how true or accurate that is so I am not stating as a fact I am just repeating what the nurse told me which sounds logical to me and being that we were lined up all along the hall way due to having no where else to put us sure didn't make me feel very confident. I was also there 6 hours waiting a breathing treatment... a ten minute breathing treatment in which my wait has never been more than an hour or maybe 2 at the most.

My reasoning for going to the ER is not because I was one of them using it as a doctors office but it was the week end and I really did need that breathing treatment and paged my doctor and he suggested I go to the ER as his office is closed on the week end. 

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 2:08 PM

Obamacare was not designed.

For anyone or any purpose.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 2:11 PM
2 moms liked this
Quoting SallyMJ:

Obamacare was not designed.

For anyone or any purpose.

False.

It was designed to fail.

It is designed to be a gateway to single payer.

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Mar. 13, 2014 at 2:14 PM
2 moms liked this

ObamaCare has failed to attract those who lack health insurance, seemingly because they have decided that the premiums are too high for the bare-bones coverage the exchanges offer. In other words, the Affordable Care Act has failed to offer affordable care. Instead, most of ObamaCare's sign-ups are merely migrating over from an existing health-insurance plan-in many cases involuntarily, after their plans were canceled for failing to comply with new ObamaCare regulations.

THIS.

and this  (below) is interesting.

Emanuel gives us one big answer to our question. What was the point of ObamaCare, if not to insure the uninsured? To destroy the insurance companies.

Obamacare was not designed to help the uninsured, it was designed to destroy freedom in medicine, and to bring "change" to the relationship of citizen to government.

Debrowsky
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Ednarooni160:

THIS.

ya,  I think that is way too obvious now.   good article.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 3:16 PM

Quoting Debrowsky:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

THIS.

I know.

Debrowsky
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting Debrowsky:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

THIS.

I know.

littlelamb303
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 3:21 PM

well, it has worked very well for my sister, a republican supporter and former basher of the ACA.  My bil did not have insurance for years, because they claimed that they could not afford it.  He got on the plan right before his diagnosis of cancer.  It has worked for them.  Cancer usually devastates families, even when they had certain private plans.

Outspoken.Mime
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 3:25 PM
4 moms liked this

Ok I agree with both of you ladies all of the time and not ONCE have I ever been given a photo of kissing fish.

That is it, I am becoming a liberal.

Quoting Debrowsky:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting Debrowsky:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

THIS.

I know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN