Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

‘Jesus Would Stone Homos’ Says NYC Pastor

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 11:58 PM
  • 44 Replies

Post image for ‘Jesus Would Stone Homos’ Says NYC Pastor

New York City pastor David Manning claims that “Jesus would stone homos” because “stoning is still the law.” In his latest video posted today he sets out to “prove” this “biblically-accurate conclusion.”

Asking his fellow preachers to “push back Satan’s teaching that ‘God is love,’ that there is no wrath, that there is no hell,” Manning says “we all know that is the most illiterate way of approaching the Scriptures as possible.”

Manning has a history of strong anti-LGBT rhetoric. Using his websiteFacebook page, and Twitter account to support his church, which apparently has a mailing address in Harlem, Manning records anti-LGBT video messages for his ATLAH Media Network: “All Jesus, All The Time.”

Joe Jervis, who first posted the video, rightly notes:

We’ll stand by for Christian leaders to denounce Pastor Manning, but don’t hold your breath - there was nothing but silence last month.

Watch:

UPDATE: Video removed under YouTube’s hate speech rules.

by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Mar. 16, 2014 at 11:58 PM
4 moms liked this

denise3680
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 7:50 AM

Gotta love that Christian Right, so full of love and compassion:/eye rolling

vic270
by Vic on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:17 AM
3 moms liked this

I did not read the post, but I will dispute the sign and what was said. The bible tells us (if anyone would just pick it up and read it) that Jesus would tell you what your sin is,then tell you to go and sin no more. While he is saying this to you, you would know that it was said because he loves you very, very much.

Debrowsky
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 12:45 PM
3 moms liked this

I don't agree with this Pastor's assertion either. I also disagree with the sign the  man is holding.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 12:51 PM
4 moms liked this

B.S.

Jesus didn't even stone people caught in adultery. He told everyone, "Go and sin no more."

4everMuslim
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 1:57 PM
3 moms liked this

I believe it to be so. I do imagine Jesus as being one who would try to bring one to do good and follow the laws of God and repent before just punishing them without giving them a chance though. The laws of the days of Jesus are the laws that stand today. Gods laws in which are the laws Jesus followed do not just change with the times in the name of tolerance. Gods laws are not interchangeable.

Every sin is forgivable. I don't like how that sign says what it says. That would drive anyone away. If they wanted to send a message it should have been something inviting letting people know no matter what their sin is there is forgiveness and all are welcome to that forgiveness.

Saharra
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow... He doesn't know the Jesus I know- "Let him without sin cast the first stone".
mcdun
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I guess he hasn't got to Mark 12:31 in his bible yet 

"'You must love your neighbor as yourself.' No other commandment is greater" 

Maybe he just felt that commandment was too boring. 

I  bet  you  make  your  daddy  proud

Debrowsky
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 4:34 PM

you are so right in that He asks that we repent of sins, and that all sins are forgivable. 

Quoting 4everMuslim:

I believe it to be so. I do imagine Jesus as being one who would try to bring one to do good and follow the laws of God and repent before just punishing them without giving them a chance though. The laws of the days of Jesus are the laws that stand today. Gods laws in which are the laws Jesus followed do not just change with the times in the name of tolerance. Gods laws are not interchangeable.

Every sin is forgivable. I don't like how that sign says what it says. That would drive anyone away. If they wanted to send a message it should have been something inviting letting people know no matter what their sin is there is forgiveness and all are welcome to that forgiveness.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 1:29 AM

I agree, he didn't read that verse.

But Jesus liked figs - and in fact caused a fig tree to wither that didn't have figs in season.

Quoting mcdun:

I guess he hasn't got to Mark 12:31 in his bible yet 

"'You must love your neighbor as yourself.' No other commandment is greater" 

Maybe he just felt that commandment was too boring. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)