Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

House Traces IRS Scandal to Obama

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 7:49 AM
  • 49 Replies
2 moms liked this

We’re finally getting to the truth. History will show Obama as the most corrupt President ever.
Check it out:

A House committee investigating the IRS scandal has found a link between President Obama’s criticism of the Citizens United Supreme Court decision and subsequent steps taken by IRS official Lois Lerner to discriminate against conservative groups.

Lerner was responding to political pressure in her efforts to clamp down on conservative organizations seeking tax-exempt status in the wake of the 2012 Supreme Court case Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, concluded a 141-page report released last Tuesday by the Republican-majority staff of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

Lerner twice has invoked the Fifth Amendment and refused to answer questions in appearances before the committee.

The report clearly raised the question of whether or not the political pressure came from the White House.

“It’s not the job of the IRS to overrule the Supreme Court, and it’s not the job of the IRS to crush political movements its leaders dislike,” the report said. “Her deep involvement in this scheme raises even more questions about who else was involved – including at the White House.”

by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 7:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Mar. 17, 2014 at 8:14 AM
Lol.
mustbeGRACE
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 9:19 AM
4 moms liked this

Quoting -Celestial-: Lol.

The issue and its implications isn't very funny at all.

vic270
by Vic on Mar. 17, 2014 at 9:34 AM
4 moms liked this

Do you really think anyone would be shocked, and as for history showing that he is the most corrupt president ever, I think as we speak, this afternoon,tomorrow, next year,ect. these days arn't history yet and i'm thinking that for those of us that still care, its happening now.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 9:44 AM

Thanks for the feature Cafemom!  you rock

denise3680
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 9:49 AM
2 moms liked this

so where is the proof, it seems there is more speculation and no proof:/ 

vic270
by Vic on Mar. 17, 2014 at 12:43 PM

If you listen to the news, watch Ms. Lerner when she pleads the fifth, and listen to what Obama says and read between the lines, then look at his past behavior that is about all the proof that most people need. I know we are talking about Obama, but if people could get past that and put a regular man ( preferably white) in the same set of circumstances, you could more than likly see the whole picture.

Quoting denise3680:

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Mar. 17, 2014 at 1:03 PM

BUMP!

denise3680
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 1:22 PM
2 moms liked this

Is there a reason why you brought race into this conversation?  You see this is why I for one cannot take some of you guys seriously.  You scream that you are color blind but always bring race into any conversation.  I did not bring race into this, I know this lady keeps pleading the Fifth, I think she has something to hide, but I will not jump to the conclusion tat Obama has something to do with it, since there has been no concrete proof that he is involved.  Prove your allegation, or instead of throwing race at other people, maybe it is race tat makes you insist on him having   somehting  do with the IRS scandal.  By the way, why are you and the rest of the right talking about the non conservative groups that were targeted also, or is that not part of the witch hunt that Issa is on?

Quoting vic270:

If you listen to the news, watch Ms. Lerner when she pleads the fifth, and listen to what Obama says and read between the lines, then look at his past behavior that is about all the proof that most people need. I know we are talking about Obama, but if people could get past that and put a regular man ( preferably white) in the same set of circumstances, you could more than likly see the whole picture.

Quoting denise3680:

autodidact
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 1:24 PM

steps taken by IRS official Lois Lerner to discriminate against conservative groups.

which steps were those? 

vic270
by Vic on Mar. 17, 2014 at 1:44 PM
2 moms liked this

I put the part about the white man in the reply because a lot of people admittedly voted for Obama because he was black. I am not racist, I just thought that if he were on a level playing field, that people could be more fair in the judgement of the situation. He is the one that likes to remind people that he is set apart, or off limits because of his color. I think the man had a chance to do great things for this country. He blew it and imo only caused more division and a further decline in the morals of this country by adapting the vision that he can and will say anything to get his way. He even admits his fabrications and liberals still defend him. Now as for the non conservative groups that were supposedly targeted did not even surface until what, like a year or so after the first allegations.Kinda convenient, imo, and oh the man that went how many times to talk about the easter egg rolls, he went how many hundreds of times, these records should be released to. Unless he was having an affair with the easter bunny himself, I'm not buying that either. Any way its way to much evidence not to be a crime somewhere. and one day it will all come out. I just hope it does not finish  tearing this country apart.

Quoting denise3680:

Is there a reason why you brought race into this conversation?  You see this is why I for one cannot take some of you guys seriously.  You scream that you are color blind but always bring race into any conversation.  I did not bring race into this, I know this lady keeps pleading the Fifth, I think she has something to hide, but I will not jump to the conclusion tat Obama has something to do with it, since there has been no concrete proof that he is involved.  Prove your allegation, or instead of throwing race at other people, maybe it is race tat makes you insist on him having   somehting  do with the IRS scandal.  By the way, why are you and the rest of the right talking about the non conservative groups that were targeted also, or is that not part of the witch hunt that Issa is on?

Quoting vic270:

Quoting denise3680:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)