Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Ohio: Muslim College Professor Ali Yedes Threatened to Kill Female Professor, “In [my] Culture, I could have the Female Department Chair Killed”

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:30 AM
  • 32 Replies

According to this news report, Muslim Professor Ali Yedes attacked and berated a fellow female professor in the French and comparative literature department. Calling her a whore and physically threatening her, Yedes allegedly told another professor in August 2013 that he brought his nephew to the United States on a student visa specifically to "stab and kill someone from his department." When the nephew didn't follow through with the demand, Yedes beat him and the nephew fled the country.

Her fears fell on deaf ears. The school was notified of the death threat and did nothing. Worse, they never told her. Instead, she was punished.

....she was moved to another building, then to a basement - creating a number of job burdens - to avoid more hostile interactions with Yedes. Another female worker who the suit said was harassed was moved as well.

Meanwhile, Yedes was given tenure and a larger office, An said.

The suit also accuses Yedes of calling her a whore and other defamatory words, and disrupting meetings with outbursts. His behavior has been erratic and abusive and caused turnover of five acting French chairs, the court papers said.

This behavior by a "Muslim religious life affiliate" is not surprising. It's expected. But the college's refusal to act is unconscionable. The school sanctions his brutal behavior for fear of offending Islam - or worse, appearing racist (though Islam is not a race).

It is clear he meant to kill this woman, and no action was taken. How many other Muslim professors get tenure by bullying and intimidating? I hazard no guess.

"Ohio: Muslim college professor threatened to kill female professor" March 13, 2014 by creeping via Prof threatened lives, suit says h/t Iron Burka

A harassment suit filed by an Oberlin College professor last week accuses a colleague of making death threats.

EunJung An, associate professor of French and cinema studies, is seeking at least $25,000 in damages from the college, which she said did nothing to protect her.

She filed papers in Lorain County Common Pleas Court saying fellow professor Ali Yedes crossed a line with women who work in the French and comparative literature department.

Now An fears for her safety.

The problems allegedly started in January 2006, when An said Yedes pointed his finger in her face and accused her of betraying and undermining him.

During a 45-minute tirade, Yedes told An that "in his culture, he could have had the female department chair killed because of his perceived mistreatment by her in postponing his tenure," the lawsuit claims - and when finished yelling, he tightly hugged An.

The Oberlin College website identifies Yedes as a "Muslim religious life affiliate" with the Islamic Center of Cleveland.

The confrontation was so loud that a security officer appeared and asked if everything was all right, according to the suit.

An said she felt physically threatened and when she complained to a senior department member, she was told she "needed to develop a thicker skin."

Yedes allegedly told another professor in August 2013 that he brought his nephew to the United States on a student visa specifically to "stab and kill someone from his department."

When the nephew didn't follow through with the demand, Yedes beat him and the nephew fled the country, the suit said.

The worker in whom Yedes confided reported that information to the Oberlin College dean of arts and sciences. An's suit said the college failed to tell her of Yedes' threat against her life.

The dean later told An the college was not aware of the threat, according to the suit.

An said she was moved to another building, then to a basement - creating a number of job burdens - to avoid more hostile interactions with Yedes. Another female worker who the suit said was harassed was moved as well.

Meanwhile, Yedes was given tenure and a larger office, An said.

The suit also accuses Yedes of calling her a whore and other defamatory words, and disrupting meetings with outbursts. His behavior has been erratic and abusive and caused turnover of five acting French chairs, the court papers said.

The suit cites other run-ins with female professors, including incidents in April 2008 and February, April, and July 2009.

One involved Yedes allegedly putting his hand in a faculty member's face and forcing her away from him, backing her into an administrative assistant's office.

Oberlin College was sent a summons on Monday. No further court dates have been set as of publication.

by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4everMuslim
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 11:58 AM

This is not "Muslim affliated life" Murder is the second worse sin in Islam one can commit. The first would be having any other deity other than Allah (the God of Abraham)

The Quran says to save a life is like saving all of humanity, to take a like is like killing all of humanity.

Islam or Muslims also have no culture. Islam is an universal religion made up of people all over the world who have their own cultures of region not religion.

The Islamic text, the Quran, Sunnah, and Hadith warn us very specifically not to mix culture with religion.

This behavior this man displayed may be the culture of his land or upbringing of his tribe but it is a regional culture not a religious culture and if he is a Muslim religiously him making such statements and displaying such behavior especially to a women is a sin in it's self which makes him almost as guilty as if he really did do it.

I wonder if he were a Christian or other would his religion even be named.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 12:00 PM
2 moms liked this

Sounds like that 'war on women" thingy.

Quoting 4everMuslim:

This is not "Muslim affliated life" Murder is the second worse sin in Islam one can commit. The first would be having any other deity other than Allah (the God of Abraham)

The Quran says to save a life is like saving all of humanity, to take a like is like killing all of humanity.

Islam or Muslims also have no culture. Islam is an universal religion made up of people all over the world who have their own cultures of region not religion.

The Islamic text, the Quran, Sunnah, and Hadith warn us very specifically not to mix culture with religion.

This behavior this man displayed may be the culture of his land or upbringing of his tribe but it is a regional culture not a religious culture and if he is a Muslim religiously him making such statements and displaying such behavior especially to a women is a sin in it's self which makes him almost as guilty as if he really did do it.

The Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend.
Sometimes the Enemy of my Enemy is just another Enemy.
The trick is to know when.
4everMuslim
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting 4everMuslim:

The "war on women" billi is a cultural thing. I don't expect you or others who are not real familiar with us to know this because society portrays it as a religious thing. Women are a very sacred creation in Islam and we are afforded so many more mercies than a man. In Islam a mans duty is to protect us not harm us.

The same can't be said be for all cultures. Some cultures treat women awful and unIslamic society likes to tie Islam into that culture. Truth of the matter it is not only some cultures where people may happen to be Muslim that treat women badly you have it everywhere. I read an article here the other day that said here in the U.S.A. there are at least 66,000 calls a day for help from abused women. Hidu's (Indians) also have their share of women abuse, China, North korea, on and on.

This man acted on his own actions not tied to him being a Muslim. He is either (A) an angry son of a bitch who just happens to be Muslim so the story had play up on the him being a muslim

(B) It may be part of his regional or tribal culture to see women in such a light. 

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 12:14 PM

Quoting 4everMuslim:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting 4everMuslim:

The "war on women" billi is a cultural thing. I don't expect you or others who are not real familiar with us to know this because society portrays it as a religious thing. Women are a very sacred creation in Islam and we are afforded so many more mercies than a man. In Islam a mans duty is to protect us not harm us.

The same can't be said be for all cultures. Some cultures treat women awful and unIslamic society likes to tie Islam into that culture. Truth of the matter it is not only some cultures where people may happen to be Muslim that treat women badly you have it everywhere. I read an article here the other day that said here in the U.S.A. there are at least 66,000 calls a day for help from abused women. Hidu's (Indians) also have their share of women abuse, China, North korea, on and on.

This man acted on his own actions not tied to him being a Muslim. He is either (A) an angry son of a bitch who just happens to be Muslim so the story had play up on the him being a muslim

(B) It may be part of his regional or tribal culture to see women in such a light. 

Edited - whew that long post got in the wrong thread.

Probably (A).

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Mar. 17, 2014 at 12:15 PM
2 moms liked this

Waiting to hear from some who claimed the Christian pastor was horrible for saying "they should be taken out and shot"..

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Waiting to hear from some who claimed the Christian pastor was horrible for saying "they should be taken out and shot"..

Yeah, good luck with that.

numbr1wmn
by Nikki on Mar. 17, 2014 at 12:19 PM

Sick bastard.

4everMuslim
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 1:21 PM

Quoting Ednarooni160:

I thought I said it unless Im thinking of another post. However him being a Christian Pastor should have no bearing on what he said or did. I think being that he is a leader in which a congregation looks up to to be their leader makes it worse that he would set that kind of example but I see him as just one individual who happened to be a bad Pastor and don't take it to mean that it is the norm of Christianity or the normal behavior of Christian Pastors.

On the other hand though every time some one who happens to be a bad Muslim and they say or do something allot of people take it to mean that all Muslims or the majority as a whole are just as bad and support those bad actions of the one.

I do take into consideration though that allot of people in other parts of the country are not exposed to Muslims as those in Michigan are and probably have never even met a Muslim before so they go on what the media puts forth and wants people to think so rather than get offended by it I rather try my best to educate people of who and what we really are instead of taking offence.

4everMuslim
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 1:25 PM

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting 4everMuslim:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting 4everMuslim:

There was a time when the majority of Americans worshipped the God of Holy Scripture.  But those times are past.  Now we worship the god of tolerance.  For decades, the worst epithet you could be called in America was either a racist or bigot.  But those two labels have become passé.  Liberals took the sting out of them through over-use and abuse of the terms.  Once it became clear that a racist was a person of any race who disagreed with President Obama’s policies, people stopped running from the label.  As a consequence, the new worst-case epithet for Americans who worry about what others think of them is the label intolerant. 

To be intolerant is anathema in contemporary American society. People who are labeled intolerant are shunned by polite society and viewed with suspicion by their peers.  As a result Americans are now willing to tolerate almost anything to avoid being labeled intolerant by leftwing cultural elitists. But there is a problem with all of this tolerance: we are tolerating behaviors that are destructive to the individuals who practice them and to society in general.  In many cases, we are tolerating the intolerable.  Said another way, we are tolerating ourselves to death.

You don’t have to look far to find behaviors and practices that are destructive, coarsening in their effects on society, and antithetical to what is good and decent about America, but are—nevertheless—tolerated by a majority of Americans.  Consider just a few of these: abortion, same-sex marriage, open homosexuality in the military services, provision of transgender restroom privileges in public schools, elimination of the God of Holy Scripture from the public square, blatant, in-your-face sex and gratuitous violence on television and in the movies, cutting benefits to military veterans but paying benefits to illegal aliens, the celebration of adulterous relationships in Hollywood productions, condoning of cheating, looking the other way when it is apparent that someone is lying, and the sin of coveting being used as a political strategy by Democrats to foment class envy.  All of these practices and more are now commonplace in America.  Why? Because too few Americans are willing to stand up and say, “This is wrong and I am not going to tolerate it.”  In the remainder of this column, I will examine just a few of the intolerable practices we tolerate in America.

Abortion is a scourge on the very soul of America, yet it is practiced openly in communities throughout the United States every day.  For example, there are now more black babies aborted in the U.S. than born, yet Americans of all races are content to tolerate this heinous practice.  Sure, there are many good and right thinking Americans who speak out regularly against the wholesale slaughter of unborn babies.  These opponents of abortion should be commended for their intolerance.  But what about the majority of Americans who disagree with this heinous practice and yet choose to remain silent? Such people would rather sit on their hands and tolerate the intolerable than risk encountering the wrath of liberal elites.  What a shame.

When Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was fighting his epic battle against Jim Crow, he made the point that it was not the outspoken bigots who wore robes and participated in lynch mobs who bothered him most.  Rather, it was good, God-fearing people who agreed with him but refused to speak out; people who by their silence tolerated the intolerable. The same thing is true with abortion and the other destructive practices we continue to accept in the name of tolerance.   All that is required for evil to prevail is for good people to remain silent.  Refusing to stand up and say “no” to the intolerable is to accept it.

Same-sex marriage has the potential to undermine the very foundation of American society—the traditional family—yet many Americans have adopted a who-cares attitude toward the concept.  Further, it is now primarily older people who were raised in a different, less tolerant but morally sound America who oppose same-sex marriage.  Younger Americans who were indoctrinated in left-leaning public schools and colleges see no problem with same-sex marriage.  Liberal teachers, administrators, curriculums, and textbooks have seen to that.  Of course, these same indoctrinated young people also see no problem with borrowing thousands of dollars they will never pay back to pursue made-up college degrees that have little or no redeeming value to society, cheating as a substitute for studying, pursuing government handouts instead of working for a living, and moving back in with their parents after college so they can enjoy the responsibility-free, hedonistic lifestyle of the perpetual teenage party animal.

Perhaps the most absurd of the intolerable practices Americans are tolerating is the provision of so-called transgender restroom privileges in public schools.  In essence, transgender restroom privileges allow little boys who claim to be little girls to use the same restrooms as children who really are little girls.  This idiocy is beyond my comprehension, yet it is happening more and more in public schools and parents are tolerating it.  When I was in public school, a principal who dared even suggest allowing such a practice would have been run out of town on a rail.  Now, compliant parents who would rather allow their little girls to share a restroom with little boys than fight back quietly acquiesce and tolerate this intolerable practice.

Finally, I never thought I would see the day when in America the president and Congress would extend government benefits and privileges to illegal aliens while cutting the pay and benefits of veterans and active-duty military personnel.  Unfortunately, this is exactly what is happening under the Obama administration, and Americans are tolerating it.  Liberals continue to endorse the intolerable by boiling the frog and it is good, moral, law-abiding, Americans who know better who are in the pot.  It is high time for Americans to step up, stand tall, and stop tolerating the intolerable.  If we don’t do this, we will one day—after it is too late—look back and realize we have tolerated ourselves to death.

Read the rest of this Patriot Update article here: http://patriotupdate.com/articles/america-tolerating-death/#ppKDIU215frfcAp0.99

Probably (A).

Wow that was long. I agree this politically correctness thing has gone way over bored and what the world has become to tolerate in order not be called a biggot. I'm rather old fashion in values myself so i have just learned to keep my mouth shut on allot of things rather fight over if I'm a "biggot" or not.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting 4everMuslim:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting 4everMuslim:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting 4everMuslim:

There was a time when the majority of Americans worshipped the God of Holy Scripture.  But those times are past.  Now we worship the god of tolerance.  For decades, the worst epithet you could be called in America was either a racist or bigot.  But those two labels have become passé.  Liberals took the sting out of them through over-use and abuse of the terms.  Once it became clear that a racist was a person of any race who disagreed with President Obama’s policies, people stopped running from the label.  As a consequence, the new worst-case epithet for Americans who worry about what others think of them is the label intolerant. 

To be intolerant is anathema in contemporary American society. People who are labeled intolerant are shunned by polite society and viewed with suspicion by their peers.  As a result Americans are now willing to tolerate almost anything to avoid being labeled intolerant by leftwing cultural elitists. But there is a problem with all of this tolerance: we are tolerating behaviors that are destructive to the individuals who practice them and to society in general.  In many cases, we are tolerating the intolerable.  Said another way, we are tolerating ourselves to death.

You don’t have to look far to find behaviors and practices that are destructive, coarsening in their effects on society, and antithetical to what is good and decent about America, but are—nevertheless—tolerated by a majority of Americans.  Consider just a few of these: abortion, same-sex marriage, open homosexuality in the military services, provision of transgender restroom privileges in public schools, elimination of the God of Holy Scripture from the public square, blatant, in-your-face sex and gratuitous violence on television and in the movies, cutting benefits to military veterans but paying benefits to illegal aliens, the celebration of adulterous relationships in Hollywood productions, condoning of cheating, looking the other way when it is apparent that someone is lying, and the sin of coveting being used as a political strategy by Democrats to foment class envy.  All of these practices and more are now commonplace in America.  Why? Because too few Americans are willing to stand up and say, “This is wrong and I am not going to tolerate it.”  In the remainder of this column, I will examine just a few of the intolerable practices we tolerate in America.

Abortion is a scourge on the very soul of America, yet it is practiced openly in communities throughout the United States every day.  For example, there are now more black babies aborted in the U.S. than born, yet Americans of all races are content to tolerate this heinous practice.  Sure, there are many good and right thinking Americans who speak out regularly against the wholesale slaughter of unborn babies.  These opponents of abortion should be commended for their intolerance.  But what about the majority of Americans who disagree with this heinous practice and yet choose to remain silent? Such people would rather sit on their hands and tolerate the intolerable than risk encountering the wrath of liberal elites.  What a shame.

When Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was fighting his epic battle against Jim Crow, he made the point that it was not the outspoken bigots who wore robes and participated in lynch mobs who bothered him most.  Rather, it was good, God-fearing people who agreed with him but refused to speak out; people who by their silence tolerated the intolerable. The same thing is true with abortion and the other destructive practices we continue to accept in the name of tolerance.   All that is required for evil to prevail is for good people to remain silent.  Refusing to stand up and say “no” to the intolerable is to accept it.

Same-sex marriage has the potential to undermine the very foundation of American society—the traditional family—yet many Americans have adopted a who-cares attitude toward the concept.  Further, it is now primarily older people who were raised in a different, less tolerant but morally sound America who oppose same-sex marriage.  Younger Americans who were indoctrinated in left-leaning public schools and colleges see no problem with same-sex marriage.  Liberal teachers, administrators, curriculums, and textbooks have seen to that.  Of course, these same indoctrinated young people also see no problem with borrowing thousands of dollars they will never pay back to pursue made-up college degrees that have little or no redeeming value to society, cheating as a substitute for studying, pursuing government handouts instead of working for a living, and moving back in with their parents after college so they can enjoy the responsibility-free, hedonistic lifestyle of the perpetual teenage party animal.

Perhaps the most absurd of the intolerable practices Americans are tolerating is the provision of so-called transgender restroom privileges in public schools.  In essence, transgender restroom privileges allow little boys who claim to be little girls to use the same restrooms as children who really are little girls.  This idiocy is beyond my comprehension, yet it is happening more and more in public schools and parents are tolerating it.  When I was in public school, a principal who dared even suggest allowing such a practice would have been run out of town on a rail.  Now, compliant parents who would rather allow their little girls to share a restroom with little boys than fight back quietly acquiesce and tolerate this intolerable practice.

Finally, I never thought I would see the day when in America the president and Congress would extend government benefits and privileges to illegal aliens while cutting the pay and benefits of veterans and active-duty military personnel.  Unfortunately, this is exactly what is happening under the Obama administration, and Americans are tolerating it.  Liberals continue to endorse the intolerable by boiling the frog and it is good, moral, law-abiding, Americans who know better who are in the pot.  It is high time for Americans to step up, stand tall, and stop tolerating the intolerable.  If we don’t do this, we will one day—after it is too late—look back and realize we have tolerated ourselves to death.

Read the rest of this Patriot Update article here: http://patriotupdate.com/articles/america-tolerating-death/#ppKDIU215frfcAp0.99

Probably (A).

Wow that was long. I agree this politically correctness thing has gone way over bored and what the world has become to tolerate in order not be called a biggot. I'm rather old fashion in values myself so i have just learned to keep my mouth shut on allot of things rather fight over if I'm a "biggot" or not.

Sawry!!!!

That long post was in the wrong thread.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN