Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

US officials banned from Russia

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 8:04 AM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this
Russia imposed entry bans on several American officials and members of Congress Thursday, retaliation for ramped-up sanctions from the U.S. over the crisis in Ukraine.

Russia’s action targets nine U.S. officials: House Speaker John Boehner; Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid; Robert Menendez, chairman of the U.S. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations; Caroline Atkinson, deputy assistant to the president; Daniel Pfeiffer and Benjamin Rhodes, assistants to the president; and Sens. John McCain of Arizona, Daniel Coats of Indiana, and Mary Landrieu of Louisiana.

NEWSNATION WITH TAMRON HALL, 3/20/14, 12:10 PM ET
Russia imposes entry ban on US officials

“We have repeatedly warned that the use of sanctions instruments – double-edged things – boomerang on the United States itself,” the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation said in a statement Thursday. “There should be no doubt: for every hostile attack, we will respond appropriately.”
Crimea voted Sunday to join Russia and secede from Ukraine, but the Obama administration believes the vote was administered under threats of intimidation.

RELATED: Russian president declared Crimea ‘sovereign and independent’

The Obama administration first issued sanctions against seven Russian officials on Monday after Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a treaty with Crimean leaders to annex the peninsula from Ukraine. The White House expanded the list Thursday to include 20 more Russians and a bank in support of Putin’s government. The European Union separately announced expanded sanctions against Russia.

“This is not our preferred outcome. These sanctions would not only have a significant impact on the Russian economy, but could also be disruptive to the global economy,” President Obama said Thursday at the White House. “However, Russia must know that further escalation will only isolate it further from the international community.”

Boehner spokesman Michael Steel said the speaker was ”proud to be included on a list of those willing to stand against Putin’s aggression.” McCain said he was proud, too.

Several hundred pro-Russian forces took over a key Crimean naval base earlier this week. In respons

http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/russia-imposes-entry-ban-us-officials?cid=sm_facebook
by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 8:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
vic270
by Vic on Mar. 21, 2014 at 8:22 AM
2 moms liked this

I knew when Obama put those sanctions on those individuals,( that was brillant) Putin would be shaking in his shoes. Obama sure is smart when it comes to foreign policy.

Tatennant
by Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Putin is just asking for a conflict he's got the biggest small man complex in the world. I bet he needs snug fit condoms! 

We should send him a few cases of these with Obama's face on them... 

supermonstermom
by Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 7:25 PM

lol. Agree.

Quoting vic270:

I knew when Obama put those sanctions on those individuals,( that was brillant) Putin would be shaking in his shoes. Obama sure is smart when it comes to foreign policy.

vic270
by Vic on Mar. 21, 2014 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this

It amazes me everytime I turn the news on and see what he's done now, he never lets me down.

Quoting supermonstermom:

lol. Agree.

Quoting vic270:

mcdun
by Humboldt California on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Not suprising! 

grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Hey vic, you forgot the 'sarcasm' sweet pea.  Some people in this group definitely need it pointed out to them when one is being sarcastic.  Here you go.   LOL

sarcasm

Quoting vic270:

vic270
by Vic on Mar. 21, 2014 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this

thanks, its friday I'm a little slow. I'm glad you are still sharp. lol

Quoting grandmab125:

Hey vic, you forgot the 'sarcasm' sweet pea.  Some people in this group definitely need it pointed out to them when one is being sarcastic.  Here you go.   LOL

sarcasm

Quoting vic270:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)