Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

O'Reilly: 'Race Hustlers' Don't Want to End Poverty

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 4:02 PM
  • 31 Replies
3 moms liked this

Rep. Paul Ryan says he has no ill will toward Democratic Rep. Barbara Lee, who accused him of racism after he criticized inner-city poverty.

"I'm a big boy. I understand that if you challenge the status quo . . . sometimes you'll be misinterpreted," Ryan said Tuesday on Fox News Channel's "The O'Reilly Factor."

But host Bill O'Reilly was not so forgiving, saying people such as Lee don't want to solve the problem because it keeps them in power. Instead, he said, they accuse Republicans of racism when they suggest the problem is tied to the breakdown of the family.

by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Schauseil
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 4:38 PM
One of the contributing factors to poverty is the breakdown of the "American Family." The issue comes in when ppl try to define family.
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 4:49 PM
4 moms liked this

It is easily defined by what it is not -

It is not a single parent household.

Quoting Schauseil: One of the contributing factors to poverty is the breakdown of the "American Family." The issue comes in when ppl try to define family.

Debrowsky
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 4:49 PM
3 moms liked this

ya that is the issue-- breakdown of mom and dad and kids all being together as they should.  so many factors have come in and fuddled that up- we are bound to see more and more in the years to come. 

Good title - it's very fitting.

Schauseil
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 5:35 PM
This is true, but I was more playing devils advocate. The reverse could be said, increased issues with the countries economics an increased poverty are preventing people from getting married and causeing divorce. Many people that want to get married don't because they can't afford it, most marriages end because of financial issues.

Quoting Billiejeens:

It is easily defined by what it is not -

It is not a single parent household.

Quoting Schauseil: One of the contributing factors to poverty is the breakdown of the "American Family." The issue comes in when ppl try to define family.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Next time that I see Mr. O'Reilly, I will transmit that to him.

Quoting Debrowsky:

ya that is the issue-- breakdown of mom and dad and kids all being together as they should.  so many factors have come in and fuddled that up- we are bound to see more and more in the years to come.  Good title - it's very fitting.

vic270
by Vic on Mar. 27, 2014 at 6:26 AM
2 moms liked this

I watch him every night, I'll be looking for you. LOL,

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting Debrowsky:

ya that is the issue-- breakdown of mom and dad and kids all being together as they should.  so many factors have come in and fuddled that up- we are bound to see more and more in the years to come.  Good title - it's very fitting.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 5:31 PM

good

Quoting vic270:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting Debrowsky:

The Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend.
Sometimes the Enemy of my Enemy is just another Enemy.
The trick is to know when.
denise3680
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 5:34 PM

Did he not say something about welfare and inner city and then throw black people all in the same equation?  Seems to me that he is thinking or implying that they are one and the same.

vic270
by Vic on Mar. 27, 2014 at 5:38 PM

Billie with your personality that you portray on here, it would not surprise me at all to see you on there and putting Bill in his place. I would say with you he would meet his match. I bet he would not butt (interrupt) in on you like he does some. lol

Quoting Billiejeens:

good

Quoting vic270:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting Debrowsky:

Canvas_says
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 7:11 PM
5 moms liked this

Ryan never said black men, he said inner city men are not working, and it's more than one generation. That we have a culture problem. Others decided that only black people live in the inner city thus Ryan must be racist lol.

Quoting denise3680:

Did he not say something about welfare and inner city and then throw black people all in the same equation?  Seems to me that he is thinking or implying that they are one and the same.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)