Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Disabled Man’s Home Torched, Tagged and Destroyed — and the Vandals Left a Message on the Wall

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 9:09 AM
Eds
  • 8 Replies

Disabled Man’s Home Torched, Tagged and Destroyed — and the Vandals Left a Message on the Wall

John King’s entire life changed March 22 when the only home he has ever owned was torched, tagged and destroyed in he believes was a hate crime.

Image source: WREG-TV

Image source: WREG-TV

Those responsible spray painted “get out cracker” and the Star of David on walls inside the Clarksdale, Miss., home.

King is white, but not Jewish. That said, the star is a symbol used by the Gangster Disciples, a gang active in Clarksdale, according to WREG-TV.

The grieving homeowner said that discovering the words on the wall further compounded his pain after losing his prized possessions in the fire.

“I’ve lost everything that my grandparents gave to me,” King told the outlet. “That’s more sentimental value to me than anything, and lost it all to the fire.”

King said he’s not sure who would have committed such a crime, as he gets along well with all of his neighbors.

“I don’t believe I’ve done anything to anybody around here,” he said. “I’ve got some of the greatest neighbors that you could ask for.”

Considering the “cracker” message posted on his wall, King has no doubt that the fire was a hate crime.

“Due to arthritis I can’t do anything anymore and I am on a limited income,” he told WHBQ-TV. “I don’t have hundreds of dollars in my checking account but whatever I do have I have worked hard for, and for people to break in and steal stuff because of my skin color is just horrendous!”

The home is so badly damaged that King cannot live there, though it is unclear whether he’ll rebuild, as he fears for his safety.

He hopes to see those responsible behind bars and plans to take the case to the FBI.

(H/T: WREG-TV)

VIDEO HERE: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/03/28/disabled-mans-home-torched-tagged-and-destroyed-and-the-vandals-left-a-message-on-the-wall/

by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
denise3680
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 9:18 AM

that is absolutely horrible, these gangs are ridiculous.  I hope this man gets all the help he needs.  It will be interesting to see where the investigation goes in this one.  I have not heard of that particular gang:/

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Your not going to say that maybe "get out cracker" meant he should remove all the Nabisco products?

Quoting denise3680:

that is absolutely horrible, these gangs are ridiculous.  I hope this man gets all the help he needs.  It will be interesting to see where the investigation goes in this one.  I have not heard of that particular gang:/

The Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend.
Sometimes the Enemy of my Enemy is just another Enemy.
The trick is to know when.
denise3680
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 9:18 PM

yeah that is exactly what it means, he should not have any crackers in his house.  or maybe he should live near you, don't klan members take care of other white people?

Quoting Billiejeens:

Your not going to say that maybe "get out cracker" meant he should remove all the Nabisco products?

Quoting denise3680:

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 9:28 AM

They are The White Knights.

Quoting denise3680:

yeah that is exactly what it means, he should not have any crackers in his house.  or maybe he should live near you, don't klan members take care of other white people?

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting denise3680:

Radarma
by Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 10:55 AM

Nah, she will just refer to you as a Klan member...oh wait, she did.

eye rolling

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting denise3680:

VoodooVixen
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 10:59 AM
This does sound like a hate crime and I feel horrible for this man. I hope the vandal are arrested and put away. They should also have to pay that man the amount if loss try caused him but sadly you can't put a price on sentimental items.
Ednarooni160
by Eds on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:42 AM

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting denise3680:

Oh my gosh..now that's a winner..."you're good"..

denise3680
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:50 AM

well look at who is coming to her rescue, another klan member how sweet, and here I thought only the aryan nation ran in packs of idiots:)

Quoting Radarma:

Nah, she will just refer to you as a Klan member...oh wait, she did.

eye rolling

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting denise3680:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN