Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

ABC News Apologizes, Removes Video After ‘Inadvertently’ Making Significant ‘Error’

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:08 AM
Eds
  • 15 Replies

ABC News Apologizes, Removes Video After ‘Inadvertently’ Making Significant ‘Error’

ABC News Vice President Jeffrey Schneider has issued an apology after the network aired offensive images of hateful Westboro Baptist Church protesters during a story on ex-Mozilla CEO Brendan Eich, who was forced out of his job because he once donated money in support of traditional marriage.

Screengrab via Newsbusters

Screengrab via Newsbusters

Newsbusters’ Scott Whitlock has more background on the ABC story:

Mozilla CEO Brendan Eich was fired earlier this month when it was revealed that he donated $1000 in 2008 to Proposition 8. As Good Morning America reporter Linzie Janis explained the story on April 4, footage of the completely unrelated Westboro protesters holding “soldiers died 4 f*g marriage” signs appeared onscreen.

ABC News later posted the following editor’s note at the bottom of a story about Eich:

The segment as originally aired on Good Morning America on April 4, 2014, and included on this page, has been updated to correct an error. Video of a demonstration by the Westboro Baptist Church, which is not connected to this story, was inadvertently used in the original segment. We apologize for the error and have removed that video.

Instead of the Westboro protesters, the ABCNews.com video now features supporters of Proposition 8. The network reportedly told the website that similar footage will not be used again in the future.

Watch the video as it originally aired on ABC via Newsbusters here:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/04/11/abc-news-apologizes-removes-video-after-inadvertent-significant-mistake/

by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjsbmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 8:42 AM

Why any media outlet continues to or would want to give publicity of any kind to those hateful asshats is beyond me. 

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 8:58 AM
3 moms liked this

Anyone with even a moderate amount of intelligence would realize that they were trying to tie the Westboro Baptist People to Reasonable people who supported Prop 8.

Catch on?

Quoting cjsbmom:

Why any media outlet continues to or would want to give publicity of any kind to those hateful asshats is beyond me. 

jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 10:49 AM
3 moms liked this

Ah yes, those reasonable people who wanted to deny one group of Americans the same rights and protections afforded to another group of Americans.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Anyone with even a moderate amount of intelligence would realize that they were trying to tie the Westboro Baptist People to Reasonable people who supported Prop 8.

Catch on?

Quoting cjsbmom:

cjsbmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Sorry, love, but I don't consider it reasonable to deny someone the same Constitutional rights I enjoy simply because they choose to be with someone of the same sex. 

Quoting Billiejeens:

Catch on?

Quoting cjsbmom:

cjsbmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:10 AM

What? That's not reasonable? 

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Ah yes, those reasonable people who wanted to deny one group of Americans the same rights and protections afforded to another group of Americans.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Catch on?

Quoting cjsbmom:

Momniscient
by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:11 AM
Yes. So much more reasonable.

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Catch on?

Quoting cjsbmom:

Gerbert007
by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:24 AM
2 moms liked this

I agree, as misleading the mainstream media is, it is something they would do. The mainstream media relys on the ignorant to suck up the lies and run with it.blank stare

Quoting Billiejeens:

Catch on?

Quoting cjsbmom:

29again
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:14 PM

An error?  Sure, it was an error....  sure it was....

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:21 PM
2 moms liked this

Oops. An "inadvertent mistake."

Wonder if those frauds will point out their 100% "accidental on purpose" labeling of conservatives and libertarians as racist, sexist, homophobes??

autodidact
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:52 PM
2 moms liked this

those who voted for prop 8 ARE homophobes. 

Quoting SallyMJ:

Oops. An "inadvertent mistake."

Wonder if those frauds will point out their 100% "accidental on purpose" labeling of conservatives and libertarians as racist, sexist, homophobes??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)