Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Obama's Nominee....

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 12:26 PM
  • 341 Replies

Obama HHS Secretary Nominee Sylvia Burwell Was Head of Pro-Abortion Gates Foundation

President Barack Obama has nominated Sylvia Mathews Burwell to replace pro-abortion HSH Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, who resigned Thursday as the head of the agency charged with implementing Obamacare.

Obama’s nominee to replace the abortion proponent is another pro-abortion activist.

sylviamathewsburwellBurwell was previously the president of the Global Development Program of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. She was Chief Operating Officer and Executive Director of the Foundation prior to its reorganization in 2006 and worked at the pro-abortion foundation from 2001 to 2012.

Burwell has also been involved in campaigns for pro-abortion candidates, including working on the Dukakis/Bentsen and the Clinton/Gore campaigns and she served as Deputy Chief of Staff to pro-abortion President Bill Clinton from 1997 to 1998.

The Gates Foundation operated by Bill and Melinda Gates supports abortion and the Planned Parenthood abortion business. The Gates Foundation has given the Planned Parenthood Federation of America abortion business almost $12.5 million since 1998, including funds to persuade teenagers to support abortion and to lobby the United Nations to advance pro-abortion proposals.

The Gates foundation has also given nearly $21 million to the International Planned Parenthood abortion business over the last seven years. The funds have gone to promote abortions in third-world nations and to set up pro-abortion family planning centers in South America, Africa and eastern European nations.

The Gates Foundation’s “No Controversy” campaign quickly became controversial because of its links to abortion. Critics pointed out the organizations chosen to implement the efforts were primarily abortion promoters. Among them are abortion giant Planned Parenthood and the United Nations Population Fund, which are linked with coercive population control programs in China and elsewhere.

In 2012, Melinda Gates was criticized for promoting abortion and population control at an international meeting.

The same year, she was criticized for hosting a Family Planning Summit in London with two of the biggest pro-abortion groups in the world, the UN Population Fund and International Planned Parenthood Federation

http://www.lifenews.com/2014/04/11/obama-hhs-secretary-nominee-sylvia-burwell-was-head-of-the-pro-abortion-gates-foundation/

by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momniscient
by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 12:26 PM
2 moms liked this
Yay! The pro abort agenda is winning!!

cjsbmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 12:36 PM
6 moms liked this

I don't know about you, but I can't take seriously any story that uses the phrase "pro abortion." 

Quoting Momniscient: Yay! The pro abort agenda is winning!!

Momniscient
by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 12:38 PM
I never do :)

Quoting cjsbmom:

I don't know about you, but I can't take seriously any story that uses the phrase "pro abortion." 

-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Apr. 12, 2014 at 5:17 PM
2 moms liked this
Im sure you wont stop using your Mr Gates made operating system nor stop using the atheist invented internet or if you do, stop posting on facebook because Mr Zuckerber is the debil. Oh and the co-founder of this site Mr Shue, well hes an obama supporter and more than likely prochoice

Looks like you enjoy dabbling in sin..
blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Apr. 12, 2014 at 5:24 PM
4 moms liked this

Then you don't support abortion for anyone? I wasn't aware you are prolife. Pro = you support something. 

Quoting cjsbmom:

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Apr. 12, 2014 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting -Celestial-: Im sure you wont stop using your Mr Gates made operating system nor stop using the atheist invented internet or if you do, stop posting on facebook because Mr Zuckerber is the debil. Oh and the co-founder of this site Mr Shue, well hes an obama supporter and more than likely prochoice Looks like you enjoy dabbling in sin..

As usual you make no sense.....

cjsbmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 5:34 PM
4 moms liked this

I support choice, hence the correct terminology, which is pro choice. If you choose to have an abortion, that's your choice. If you choose to keep your child, that's your choice. Emphasis on the choice part. I don't make decisions for other women, because I don't own their uteruses. 

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Then you don't support abortion for anyone? I wasn't aware you are prolife. Pro = you support something. 

Quoting cjsbmom:

mommie2madison
by Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 5:41 PM
LOL "planned parenthood abortion business", as if...

Thankful for Planned Parenthood! Thankful no one can force me to be a mother unwillingly. Thankful for Roe v. Wade.
cjsbmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 5:44 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm thankful for PP because when I was first starting out in the working world, I had no health insurance. If it weren't for them, I would not have gotten my annual exams and pap smears. 

PP does more than abortions, and some PPs don't do abortions at all. But we can't be confusing people with those pesky facts. 

Quoting mommie2madison: LOL "planned parenthood abortion business", as if... Thankful for Planned Parenthood! Thankful no one can force me to be a mother unwillingly. Thankful for Roe v. Wade.

mommie2madison
by Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, facts can be so inconvenient to would-be naysayers. ;-)

PP saved my life, detected cervical cancer & gave me treatment when I had no insurance or other healthcare resources. Thanks to PP my oldest child didnt end up an orphan, & my two younger kids were able to exist!!!

Quoting cjsbmom:

I'm thankful for PP because when I was first starting out in the working world, I had no health insurance. If it weren't for them, I would not have gotten my annual exams and pap smears. 

PP does more than abortions, and some PPs don't do abortions at all. But we can't be confusing people with those pesky facts. 

Quoting mommie2madison: LOL "planned parenthood abortion business", as if...

Thankful for Planned Parenthood! Thankful no one can force me to be a mother unwillingly. Thankful for Roe v. Wade.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)