Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Phony microchip implant story ignites Christian doomsday Facebook freakout

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 7:47 PM
  • 6 Replies

Phony microchip implant story ignites Christian doomsday Facebook freakout

foolish man looks piquant show on TV Shutterstock

• Print Friendly and PDF
  • Email this page

A phony report on microchip implants has fooled religious conservatives into thinking the end of days is near.

The story, "All European newborn Babies will be Microchipped from May 2014," was posted in January and has been reposted since across social media.

"This chip will also be an impressive GPS sensor that will task with a micro-disposable battery every 2 years in state clinics," the article reads. "GPS chip grants an edge of error of 5 meters, as a statement that it is excellent."

Although the article is labeled a "hoax" above the headline, and it has been debunked on Snopes and elsewhere, credulous Christians saw the story as harbinger of "the New World Order."

"OPEN YOUR EYES ALOT OF EPOPLE JUST DON'T WANT TO SEE IT," posted one Facebook user. "WE ARE SEEING EVERYTHING UNFOLD AS TOLD IN THE BIBLE...ALOT OF EVIL GOING ON IT IS NOT A COINCEDENCE..THESE THINGS ARE HAPPENING WHETHER YOU CHOOSE TO BELIEVE IT OR NOT.."

Another commenter highlighted by The Friendly Atheist warned doubters not to take the story lightly.

"Keep scoffing about Jesus," the Facebook user posted. "The Anti-Christ is working now. It's prophersied in the Bible. Get your own copy before the Bible is banned from EU."

One commenter cast doubt on science itself.

"Science is only based on what we know," the Facebook user said. "Theories change from left to right. Our own existence is a very short moment in time. This is all God creation. I agree that there is free energy, but it evil and greedy people who love money do their best to terminate it. Personally, I believe in science. But what if God is science?"

by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
1stmuslimah
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this

My first thought would probably be "bull shit" then after seeing Snopes debunk it that would probably lead me to believe it's true.

Snopes has very little credibility. I have seen them be wrong too many times.

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 9:30 AM

So you think the microchip story is true ...because Snopes (and elsewhere) deemed it false?

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

My first thought would probably be "bull shit" then after seeing Snopes debunk it that would probably lead me to believe it's true.

1stmuslimah
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

So you think the microchip story is true ...because Snopes (and elsewhere) deemed it false?

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

I was being sarcastic , of course i don't think this story is true but I also give Snopes no credibility. There are too many things that I have known for a fact to be true and the husband and wife pack rats who write their enries in a back room of their house has claimed them not true.

jobseeker
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this

My cousin is all atwitter about the blood moon of last night.  --

I channelled grumpy cat and commented on her fire and brimstone picture post,  "I've seen bloodier"

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Apr. 17, 2014 at 11:14 AM

I'm a Christian and I'm not freaking out..  I  wouldn't be suprised if some government wouldn't  considering it though as they are placing them in animals so they wont get lost.  Someone up here wanted to implant them in shoes to make sure kids could be found if lost.. I actually thought that was a good idea..although I'm betting kidnappers would throw shoes away knowing a chip was in a kid's shoe.

-Celestial-
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 12:35 PM
A phony report on microchip implants has fooled religious conservatives into thinking the end of days is nea

They're gullible to begin with.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)