Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

What Do You Think?

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 7:50 PM
  • 133 Replies
1 mom liked this

What do you think Heaven will be like? Share your thoughts & perspectives. Are you planning to see this movie?

Connor Corum in Heaven Is For Real

Myspace Dividers - Dividers

Heaven Is For Real

What is heaven like? All sorts of images come to mind when we consider the question. The Bible describes it as a place where the streets are paved with gold, a world without suffering, or being better than anything we can imagine here on earth. For believers in Jesus Christ, no material concept of heaven will do it justice.

Based on The New York Times bestseller, Heaven Is For Real is the true story of a four-year-old boy (Colton Burpo) from a small Nebraska town who during emergency surgery slips from consciousness and enters heaven. He miraculously survives and begins to share about what he experienced there … visits with loved ones who he has never met, the “markers” on Jesus’ hands, and an incredibly profound yet simple message: heaven is indeed a real place.

Colton Burpo is not the only one who has received a glimpse of heaven. Scores of other people know beyond a doubt that the message of the Bible is true. Heaven is for real. Why? Because their lives have been forever changed by an encounter with death. These are their stories.

Continued....

http://www.cbn.com/special/heavenisforreal/

Myspace Dividers - Dividers

by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
joyfree
by Kat on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I want to see it. It sounds intriguing. 

I liked the book/movie, "Five People You Meet in Heaven".

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting joyfree:

I want to see it. It sounds intriguing. 

I liked the book/movie, "Five People You Meet in Heaven".

My husband & I plan to see this film with some friends. It does sound intriguing. 

joyfree
by Kat on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Did you ever see "Brainstorm"? I think it was the last movie Natalie Wood made before she died. That had a very interesting and plausible script.

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:08 PM

Quoting joyfree:

Did you ever see "Brainstorm"? I think it was the last movie Natalie Wood made before she died. That had a very interesting and plausible script.

I've heard of this movie but never saw it. I'm a movie buff. Surprised I've never seen it because I was fond of Natalie Wood. 

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:19 PM
3 moms liked this

The boy actor is really cute. I saw the real family on Megyn Kelly last week. The young boy who visited Heaven said he saw many animals in Heaven. This touched me because I love animals. I read several yrs ago music in Heaven is unlike anything we have here on earth. In Heaven you hear music interiorly not with ears like we do in this world. 

momoftransgirl
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this

There is no heaven. I'm an athiest when we die we die just like anything else so enjoy what you got now because you can't take it with you. 

joyfree
by Kat on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this

It has Christopher Walken in it as her husband. They were working on a "virtual reality" type device which would record your memories. It gets really good when the husband's lab partner has a massive heart attack and manages to put the device on before she dies... Very interesting.

You can watch it on Amazon Instant Video:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085271/

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting joyfree:

I've heard of this movie but never saw it. I'm a movie buff. Surprised I've never seen it because I was fond of Natalie Wood. 

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Quoting momoftransgirl:

There is no heaven. I'm an athiest when we die we die just like anything else so enjoy what you got now because you can't take it with you. 

Thank you for your opinion...

joyfree
by Kat on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I really hope that you are wrong... Just remember this--- "Energy cannot be created or destroyed; it only changes form."

That makes sense to me.

Quoting momoftransgirl:

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you. I'll check into it. I recall Christopher Walken was on board when Natalie drowned. I don't think authorites will ever find out what really happened here. Ironically Natalie was terrified of water. 

Quoting joyfree:

It has Christopher Walken in it as her husband. They were working on a "virtual reality" type device which would record your memories. It gets really good when the husband's lab partner has a massive heart attack and manages to put the device on before she dies... Very interesting.

You can watch it on Amazon Instant Video:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085271/

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting joyfree:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)