Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Atheist Group Resurrects War on Easter

Pema_Jampa
Yesterday at 7:01 PM
DAFT PUNK MEDLEY - Jason Yang x John Schroeder

Daft Punk Medley - Get Lucky, Give Life Back to Music, Aerodynamic, Digital Love Jason Yang and John Schroeder feat. Cam Tyler SUBSCRIBE! http://full.sc/1cSy...

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 12:15 PM
  • 8 Replies

http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/04/19/ath ...
Sign mocks Christians in Chicago's Daley Plaza

Thoughts?
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
erika9009
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 1:18 PM

I would love to see the looks on their kids faces when they are told they can't go on an Easter egg hunt.

PamR
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 1:31 PM

Quoting erika9009:

I would love to see the looks on their kids faces when they are told they can't go on an Easter egg hunt.

What does a giant bunny and eggs have to do with the religious Easter? 

Seracake
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 1:38 PM

Modern holidays today are hilariously not religious. People lining up for holiday shopping the day after thanksgiving has zero to do with Jesus's birthday. Easter baskets, chocolate gesus and baskets have nothing to do with the resurrection of Christ. An imaginary bunny hopping around your yard hiding colored eggs or a fat bearded man soaring around with reindeer dropping down your chimney...ya, not religious. I refuse to take the "war on Christian" holidays seriously because these holidays have absolutely not a single thing to do with Christ. 

Quoting erika9009:

autodidact
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 1:40 PM

I would love to know what that has to do with this. 

Quoting erika9009:

autodidact
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 1:43 PM

hysteria over nothing. 

Godgaveme4
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I support groups sharing their beliefs. And yes, this is the Atheists way of sharing their beliefs. It does not sway my beliefs though. It is not a very positive message though. It seems kind of like a stick it to the other guy kind of thing. But whatever.
numbr1wmn
by Nikki on Apr. 21, 2014 at 1:54 PM

AGreed!

Quoting Godgaveme4: I support groups sharing their beliefs. And yes, this is the Atheists way of sharing their beliefs. It does not sway my beliefs though. It is not a very positive message though. It seems kind of like a stick it to the other guy kind of thing. But whatever.

Clairwil
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 2:13 PM

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Thoughts?

I didn't see any war on Easter.

I saw support for the constitution, and the separation of church and state.

Secularism is very different from Atheism.

Nobody is saying "don't go on Easter egg hunts".

What they're saying is "Don't use my tax dollars to fund or endorse religious displays."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)