Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

10-Year-Old Girl Stuns Michelle Obama With What She Handed to the First Lady

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 5:13 PM
Eds
  • 13 Replies
2 moms liked this

10-Year-Old Girl Stuns Michelle Obama With What She Handed to the First Lady

Ten-year-old Charlotte Bell gave First Lady Michelle Obama her father’s resume during a “Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day” event at the White House Thursday.

“My dad’s been out of a job for three years and I wanted to give you his resume,” the girl said during a question-and-answer session.

“Oh my goodness,” the first lady responded, inviting the child on stage and giving her a hug.

First lady Michelle Obama hugs Charlotte Bell, 10, after she handed Mrs. Obama her dad's resume during the White House's annual "Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day," Thursday, April 24, 2014, in the East Room of the White House in Washington. (AP Photo/ Evan Vucci)

First lady Michelle Obama hugs Charlotte Bell, 10, after she handed Mrs. Obama her dad’s resume during the White House’s annual “Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day,” Thursday, April 24, 2014, in the East Room of the White House in Washington. (AP Photo/ Evan Vucci)

The two exchanged quick words before Michelle Obama said, “Well it’s a little private, but she’s doing something for her dad. Right?”

She then held up the resume and declared, “got it.”

Watch video of the exchange via ABC News, below:

VIDEO HERE:  http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/04/24/10-year-old-girl-stuns-michelle-obama-with-what-she-handed-to-the-first-lady/

by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ziva65
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 7:14 PM
3 moms liked this

I have to hand it to that little girl, good job helping her dad out like that. Took alot of guts. I hope something good can come out of this- and at least she was gracious about it...

I won't even go into the poitics of it and WHY he might be out of a job though...

Gerbert007
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 8:01 PM
3 moms liked this
I agree
and think we all know WHY he might be out of a job.
I wonder if michelle knows.

Quoting Ziva65:

I have to hand it to that little girl, good job helping her dad out like that. Took alot of guts. I hope something good can come out of this- and at least she was gracious about it...

I won't even go into the poitics of it and WHY he might be out of a job though...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Celestial-
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 8:22 PM
Cool
UpSheRises
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 9:52 PM
Thats pretty cool.
PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 9:56 PM

I remember the guy in the audience who asked Ronald Reagan for a job.  

Ms.KitKat
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 1:26 PM

I seriously doubt MO was "stunned" but nice try anyway.

PamR
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 1:36 PM

It was nice of Mrs. Obama to take the resume.  I hope it helps this man find a job.

GrannyM.
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 6:19 PM

Now this is a great story...Just love it.... Great little girl...

diaperstodating
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 11:39 PM

Quoting PamR:

It was nice of Mrs. Obama to take the resume.  I hope it helps this man find a job.

MomTiara19
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:00 AM

Quoting Gerbert007: I agree and think we all know WHY he might be out of a job. I wonder if michelle knows.
Quoting Ziva65:

Maybe because Cruz shut the government down.

Causing Americans to take yet another hit(20 billion $$ great job moron) in the pocket trickled down from Bush shock and awe $$ and the banks and recession.

Maybe because republicans wont sign for a minimum wage hike or unemployment benefits,women to get paid equally or jobs to offer healthcare.

Michelle should pass this resume right to Boehner,Cruz,and give the man a fish to feed himself Ryan.

Lets see if they can help pass something productive in the house besides another repeal Obamacare 52.

Oh yea lets blame Obama and Michelle....never gets old.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)