Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

The Disgusting Reason Why These People Are Refusing To Eat

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 11:55 AM
  • 143 Replies

Christian Group Plans 40-Day Fast Against Marriage Equality

A Christian group based in Virginia is encouraging followers and other churches across the nation to join a 40-day fast against marriage equality.

The Family Foundation of Virginia, which "seeks to establish through citizen advocacy and enactment of Virginia law a safe, prosperous and wholesome climate for families," released a statement about the anti-gay fast on its website on April 10. The press release is titled "40 Days Of Prayer, Fasting And Repentance For Marriage" and says the hunger strike will run from Aug. 27 through Oct. 5.

From the statement:

Our state and nation are mired in a morass of confusion and post-modern thinking that does not believe in absolutes nor that any truth can even be known. Nowhere is this more evident than in the current debate raging about what constitutes marriage. Pagan philosophies, a secular humanist education establishment and an entertainment industry that is absolutely determined in pushing the envelope on decency and morality have all combined to turn this great land into a country that our forefathers could not even begin to recognize.

Pastors have been asked to sign up their churches via an online form.

Same-sex marriage, which is banned in Virginia, is currently at the forefront of the state's politics. Earlier this month, Attorney General Mark Herring offered his support to uphold a judge's ruling that the ban is unconstitutional. Defendants of the ban have attempted to argue same-sex marriage is not a fundamental right and may open the door to polygamy and incestuous unions.

Earlier this year, a Utah man named Trestin Meacham said he was going on a hunger strike until the state nullifies its decision to allow same-sex marriages. On April 1, he apparently moved to Russia, where he says he'll "be able to live away from unstable people within the gay movement."

by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VeronicaTex
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:04 PM
5 moms liked this

Prayer does indeed move mountains.

May all of these who choose to fast, and pray be heard by God.

I will be praying for this cause, myself!!!

Veronica-Roman Catholic

crazyblondemom
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:08 PM
7 moms liked this

I am not religious by any means, but I really do hope that someday people will stop worrying about who is sleeping with who, or marrying who and just mind their own business. It's not that hard. NO ONE PERSON, or religion is here to "Save" anyone. Each person is here for their own path. 

VeronicaTex
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:09 PM
4 moms liked this

Please educate yourself. Pema as to what fasting is.

It is not the same as a hunger strike.

Where two or three are gathered in His name there He is in their midst.

Veronica

VeronicaTex
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Two things, Pema:

1.  An http:// source, please.

2.  Is the title your idea???

Veronica

Pema_Jampa
by 2HotTacoTini on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I personally fast. 

Quoting VeronicaTex:

Veronica

Pema_Jampa
by 2HotTacoTini on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:14 PM

AMEN!

Quoting crazyblondemom:

I am not religious by any means, but I really do hope that someday people will stop worrying about who is sleeping with who, or marrying who and just mind their own business. It's not that hard. NO ONE PERSON, or religion is here to "Save" anyone. Each person is here for their own path. 

Pema_Jampa
by 2HotTacoTini on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:18 PM

Google is your friend

1. Huffington Post â€Ž- 3 hours ago
      Christian group based in Virginia is encouraging followers and other churches across the nation to join a 40-day fast against marriage ...

More news for Christian Group Plans 40-Day Fast Against Marriage Equality

1. Christian Group Plans 40-Day Fast Against Marriage Equality

www.newsdump.com/.../christian-group-plans-40day-fast-against-marria...‎
      Christian group based in Virginia is encouraging followers and other churches across the nation to join a 40-day fast against marriage equ...
    2. (Don't) Eat, Pray, Hate: Christian Organization Plans 40 Day ...

southfloridagaynews.com/.../don-t-eat-pray-hate-christian-organization-p...‎
      3 days ago - ... Pray, Hate: Christian Organization Plans 40 Day Fast Against Marriage ... CitizenLink, the public policy partner of SPLC designated anti-gay hate group ... marathon protest against marriage equality that will include 40 days ...
    3. (Don't) Eat, Pray, Hate: Christian Organization Plans 40 Day ...

www.topix.com/forum/health/T9B20NDNJEUMID510‎
      Topix
      3 days ago - 6 posts - ‎3 authors
      (Don't) Eat, Pray, Hate: Christian Organization Plans 40 Day Fast Against Marriage ... The gay community will eventually getequality in this backwards ... Not all Christians agree with these NUTS, so please don't group all ...
    4. Christian Group Plans 40-Day Fast Against Marriage Equality

www.isidewith.com/.../christian-group-plans-40-day-fast-against-marriag...‎
      Similar tagged stories: Social Gay Marriage Marriage Equality against marriage group plans equality christian fast marriage equality against marriage marriage ...
    5. Christian Group Plans 40-Day Fast Against Marriage Equality

www.socialjusticenow.org/.../googlenewsequality/christian-group-plans-...‎
      18 hours ago - Christian Group Plans 40-Day Fast Against Marriage EqualityHuffington PostA Christian group based in Virginia is encouraging followers and ...
    6. Christian Group Plans 40-Day Fast Against Marriage Equality - SodaHead

www.sodahead.com/.../christian-group-plans-40-day-fast-against-marria...‎
      20 hours ago - Only 40 days? Not devoted enough... Up the stakes at 90 days AND no water, if God is on their side there should be no problems at all, right?
    7. Christian Group Plans 40-Day Fast Against Marriage Equality

www.newsterest.com/.../christian-group-plans-40-day-fast-against-marria...‎
      Christian Group Plans 40-Day Fast Against Marriage Equality. Comparte en ... What Being a Christian Means to Me: Don't Worry About the Rules; Just Love.
    8. Christian Group Plans 40-Day Fast Against Marriage Equality

www.nedrept.com/.../christian-group-plans-40-day-fast-against-marriage...‎
      ... Religion ¡ Local ¡ Christian Group Plans 40-Day Fast Against Marriage Equality huffingtonpost.com. 38 minutes ago ⋅ comment. Berita | Rumah | Mobil.
    VeronicaTex
    by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:18 PM

I am delighted you understand what that concept is, and practice it as well in your faith!!!

Veronica

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

I personally fast. 

Quoting VeronicaTex:

Veronica

autodidact
    by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:27 PM
    1 mom liked this

lol

VeronicaTex
    by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:28 PM
    3 moms liked this

Actually I do believe that what people do should be scrutinized, particularly by parents, who are now living in a world where ideas such as gay marriage are everywhere:  on TV and in Social media and with entertainment figures are coming out of the closet, publicly.

Gay marriage is an adult subject, a union of two adults.

It has NOTHING to do with children!!!!

I support the Christians (I am Catholic) who are incensed about these ideas being forced onto us, not only by said people who have come out of the closet, but by the President himself...

I also support using the Bible to point out why homosexuality and gay marriage is not God's plan for His people.

This country does indeed need a lot of prayer in this regard.

Veronica

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
    other members!
    Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN