Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Police Arrest Mom, Girlfriend for ‘Extreme Form of Discipline’ They Employed Against 6-Year-Old Child

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 9:54 AM
Eds
  • 9 Replies

Police Arrest Mom, Girlfriend for ‘Extreme Form of Discipline’ They Employed Against 6-Year-Old Child

A Georgia mother and her girlfriend put a 6-year-old boy in a tiny dog cage, poured syrup and cat litter on him and made him hold a brick over his head for an extended period of time, authorities said.

According to the Douglas County Sentinel, Crystal Jean Hostetter, 24, and her girlfriend Sarah Elizabeth McClain, told officials they were simply disciplining the child. Hostetter has been charged with felony cruelty to children and McClain is charged with cruelty to children and reckless conduct.

mugshot

Crystal Jean Hostetter, left, and Sarah Elizabeth McClain, right. (Image source: Douglasville Police Department)

The two women apparently exploited the child’s psychological issues to torment him for two hours last Saturday.

“He doesn’t like anything that’s sticky. It just bothers him and the mother knows this,” Douglasville police sergeant Todd Garner told the Sentinel. “She said that’s why they coated his hands and feet with syrup and put cat litter on him because as she said, ‘I knew it would bother him.’”

During the abuse, the child was asking the women, “Do you all love me?” At other times, he pleaded, “Please don’t kill me.”

Police say witnesses heard the child screaming and reported the incident to the school.

“This extreme form of discipline was conducted on Saturday evening where witnesses saw this taking place and notified the school on Monday that they thought this was extreme and actually heard the child screaming … as they were pouring syrup on him and put him in the dog cage,” Garner said.

“[W]itnesses … heard the child screaming … as they were pouring syrup on him and put him in the dog cage.”
Share:

When a Division of Family and Children Services employee visited the home Monday, the two women apparently admitted to the alleged crimes, the Sentinel reported.

At a hearing on Thursday, a judge denied the two women bond, keeping them locked up in a set of their own cages for now. The child is in custody of the DFCS.

by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Owl_Feather
by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:35 AM

poor baby. And now he is in some strange foster home scared to death. I hope he is ok and in a loving environment. I hope those women arent sulking in jail thinking they were treated unfairly. What they did was cruel. Did they beat him? no. But it was very cruel. I think most people tend to forget that a 6 year old, is only 6 years old.

29again
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:37 AM

This is horrible.  And behavior like this seems to be on the rise these days. 

My biggest question is why didn't those witnesses call the police that night, when they heard the child screaming and saw what these 2 monsters were doing to him?  Why wait till Monday morning?  WHY?  I don't think I could have waited that long to say something.

Schauseil
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 1:20 PM
Vomit. I would be totally fine with people like this being shot.
Analeigh2012
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 1:53 PM
This was my exact thought.
Why wait until Monday and notify the school?? What happened to 911???
The witnesses should be charged with something!
As someone that has tried for over half my life to get pregnant - women like this make me sick - they definitely do not deserve children!

Quoting 29again:

My biggest question is why didn't those witnesses call the police that night, when they heard the child screaming and saw what these 2 monsters were doing to him?  Why wait till Monday morning?  WHY?  I don't think I could have waited that long to say something.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gerbert007
by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 2:10 PM
I agree,its so sad the moral decline lately.
I was wondering the same thing,why the school?I would have called the police immediately.

Quoting 29again:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:06 AM

We have educated a generation of people to think that the school is the center of the family.

Quoting Gerbert007: I agree,its so sad the moral decline lately. I was wondering the same thing,why the school?I would have called the police immediately.
Quoting 29again:

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:08 AM

"The two women apparently exploited the child’s psychological issues to torment him for two hours last Saturday"

What psychological issues?

The fact that he doesn't have a father?

Gerbert007
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:38 AM
Good point,Iagree.

Quoting Billiejeens:

We have educated a generation of people to think that the school is the center of the family.

Quoting Gerbert007: I agree,its so sad the moral decline lately. I was wondering the same thing,why the school?I would have called the police immediately.
Quoting 29again:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
numbr1wmn
by Nikki on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:44 AM

Sick bitches

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN