Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Sarah Palin tells NRA attendees: ‘Waterboarding is how we baptize terrorists’

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 7:33 PM
  • 249 Replies
1 mom liked this

Sarah Palin tells NRA attendees: ‘Waterboarding is how we baptize terrorists’

By Tom Boggioni
Sunday, April 27, 2014 15:16 EDT

Sarah Palin Liberty Universty

Speaking at the National Rifle Association’s annual convention in Indianapolis former vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin told a packed house, “Waterboarding is how we baptize terrorists.”

According to The Hill, the former half-term governor prefaced her comments about waterboarding with “if I were in charge.”

“They obviously have information on plots to carry out jihad,” Palin said. “Oh, but you can’t offend them, can’t make them feel uncomfortable, not even a smidgen. Well, if I were in charge, they would know that waterboarding is how we baptize terrorists.”

Palin’s comments stand in stark contrast with the opinions of the man who selected her as his running mate, Sen. John McCain, who was tortured for years while held in a Vietnamese prison camp.

“In my personal experience, the abuse of prisoners sometimes produces good intelligence, but often produces bad intelligence because under torture a person will say anything he thinks his captors want to hear –- whether it is true or false –- if he believes it will relieve his suffering,” McCain once said.

Addressing the main topic of conversation at the NRA convention, Palin linked common sense gun control legislation to a complete loss of freedom and possessions in America.

“Do you know why those clownish little Kumbaya-humming fairytale-inhaling liberals want to be tough all of a sudden and control your guns?” she said. “It’s ‘cuz guys like [Sen.] Al Franken (D-MN) and [Senate Majority Leader] Harry Reid (D-NV), they’re not satisfied with just taking your money and your job, your truck and your property and your rights, your healthcare – they didn’t want to just stop at that.”

Referring to Attorney General Eric Holder’s suggestion that technology advances, like a bracelet that interacts with a weapon, might help stem the flood of shootings, Palin referenced the many bracelets she wears that commemorate fallen soldiers and various other American causes.

“You can have these bracelets when you pry them past my cold, dead hands,” she said, echoing a popular NRA bumper sticker from the 70′s.

by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 7:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Donna6503
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Hasn't her "15 minutes" been used up by now
denise3680
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:38 PM

I see chief idiot is at it again.  I see her flock of idiots is growing, now that is scary:/

vic270
by Vic on Apr. 27, 2014 at 9:13 PM
4 moms liked this

well said Sarah.

Pema_Jampa
by 2HotTacoTini on Apr. 27, 2014 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this

WWJD?

denise3680
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:06 PM

she sounds like a person trying to incite a riot.  She sounds unstable and violent, So some of you guys agree with type of talk but then say terrorist are violent:/  perspective I guess:/

Pema_Jampa
by 2HotTacoTini on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, well said. LOL 

I hope she never stops.

Quoting vic270:

well said Sarah.

grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 1:17 AM
6 moms liked this

Why does SP make everyone so nervous?  She's not running for anything, so why do you all pay any attention to what she has to say

shannonnigans
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 3:27 AM
3 moms liked this
I might be the biggest Palin fan out there. I love her stuff, it's so inane it never fails to make me laugh. Please do not let her 15 minutes end! I hope her set lasts forever.

Nuggets from this one: All terrorists are kept abreast of the latest plans re Jihad, water-boarding is effective, and the gem of gems- Democrats apparently do not want Republicans to own trucks! Who knew?!

Don't dare get rid of her!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trippyhippy
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:45 AM

She doesn't make us nervous.  She makes us want to puke.  The repubs around here freak out about Hillary and so far she's not running for anything.  Do you say the same then?

Quoting grandmab125:

Why does SP make everyone so nervous?  She's not running for anything, so why do you all pay any attention to what she has to say

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Apr. 28, 2014 at 12:13 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

WWJD?

What do you think Jesus would do Pema!?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)