Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

The Prophet Glenn Beck Has A Message From God: 'I Am Coming And I Will Settle Scores'

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 5:10 PM
  • 26 Replies

On Friday, Glenn Beck spoke at Liberty University's convocation where, in between crying jags, he announced that his charity, Mercury One, would be donating $50,000 to the school because its students give Beck hope for the future.

For most of his speech, Beck, a Mormon, lectured the large audience on what it means to be a Christian, beseeching them live their lives in such a way that they can "demand miracles, expect miracles, call down miracles" in the name of "the awesome power of Jesus Christ and the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob."

Later, Beck recounted the "Restoring Courage" event he put together in Jerusalem back in 2011, saying that he had no idea why he held it other than that God told him to.

Saying that he was overwhelmed by the fact that he was to be among "the first Christians to ever speak at the Temple Mount," Beck had no idea what he was even supposed to say ... until God finally told him that the message that he was supposed to deliver was that "I am coming and I will settle scores":

In 2012, Liberty's decision to invite Mitt Romney to speak at its graduation ceremony sparked protests from students and alumni, so it was genuinely amazing to watch the audience at Liberty now shower Beck with applause as he preached Mormon theology from the stage during convocation, at one point declaring that "nobody in the Grand Councils" chose to come to earth from Heaven in order to be an accountant or make t-shirts for a living, which is a distinctly Mormon theology.

- See more at: http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/prophet-glenn-beck-has-message-god-i-am-coming-and-i-will-settle-scores#sthash.LMVA9rs7.dpuf

by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vic270
by Vic on Apr. 28, 2014 at 5:25 PM
3 moms liked this

I like Glen Beck, I know that doesn't have anything to do with your post but i'm still saying it, knowing that my reply will not fair well. lol

Pema_Jampa
by 2HotTacoTini on Apr. 28, 2014 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this

He makes me all hot and bothered. Can't get any sexier than My Beck. LOVE him! Preach it baby!

Donna6503
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 5:31 PM
2 moms liked this
Oh brother
PamR
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this

He's off his meds.

vic270
by Vic on Apr. 28, 2014 at 5:43 PM
2 moms liked this

My husband and I drove from Tennessee to DC to go to his rally. It was great Sarah Palin and a lot of guest were there. That was my first trip to Washington and I loved it.

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

He makes me all hot and bothered. Can't get any sexier than My Beck. LOVE him! Preach it baby!

Pema_Jampa
by 2HotTacoTini on Apr. 28, 2014 at 5:45 PM

No invite?! Pft!

Quoting vic270:

My husband and I drove from Tennessee to DC to go to his rally. It was great Sarah Palin and a lot of guest were there. That was my first trip to Washington and I loved it.

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

vic270
by Vic on Apr. 28, 2014 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this

it was awesome. I got to reach up and touch our state on the WWII wall in honor of my dad and eat in grand central station, we did lots of things, that was  some a great memories.

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

No invite?! Pft!

Quoting vic270:

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Pema_Jampa
by 2HotTacoTini on Apr. 28, 2014 at 5:51 PM

Sounds fun. Glad you enjoyed it. I really would have gone with ya. I really do like Beck. It's unhealthy tho.

Quoting vic270:

it was awesome. I got to reach up and touch our state on the WWII wall in honor of my dad and eat in grand central station, we did lots of things, that was  some a great memories.

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

No invite?! Pft!

Quoting vic270:

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

vic270
by Vic on Apr. 28, 2014 at 5:53 PM

Pema you are so bad sometimes. lol

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Sounds fun. Glad you enjoyed it. I really would have gone with ya. I really do like Beck. It's unhealthy tho.

Quoting vic270:

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

No invite?! Pft!

Quoting vic270:

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Pema_Jampa
by 2HotTacoTini on Apr. 28, 2014 at 5:54 PM

I know..;-)

Y'all love it!

Quoting vic270:

Pema you are so bad sometimes. lol

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Quoting vic270:

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

No invite?! Pft!

Quoting vic270:

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN