Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Drug court assistant coordinator charged with second degree rape

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:02 AM
  • 3 Replies

Rogers County Drug Court Worker Arrested For Second Degree Rape

Kelsey Kimblern is accused of having a sexual relationship with one of the men enrolled in the drug court program.

ROGERS COUNTY, Oklahoma -

The Rogers County Sheriff's office arrested the Drug Court program's assistant coordinator Monday. Kelsey Kimblern is accused of having a sexual relationship with one of the men enrolled in the drug court program.

Rogers County deputies Gavin Gattrell and Kyle Baker arrested Kimblern at her home Monday afternoon.

An affidavit said a man enrolled in the Drug Court program told investigators he had sex with the program's assistant coordinator at his mother's home in the Verdigris area.

Since he is under supervision of the state through the program, and because Kimblern, as an employee of the program, had authority over him, the law considers that type of sexual relationship to be second degree rape.

Rogers County Sheriff Scott Walton said this one incident should not reflect poorly on an otherwise successful program that helps addicts get back on track rather than go to prison.

"This is not a black eye on the program. They learned of the incident, they notified us and we took action," Walton said.

He said Kimblern gave notice of her resignation to drug court last Friday.

No charges have been filed at this time.

Kimblern was held on $25,000 bond, she's expected to bond out.

Kelsey Kimblern mug shot courtesy Rogers County Jail.

A kiss is the beginning of cannibalism.

-Georges Bataille

by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Its.me.Sam.
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:06 AM

that sounds like a consensual sexual encounter between two adults.  crossing the patient/program employee line certainly..but 'rape'.  seems unwarranted.  was there any coercion or threats to do with program completion or anything?  

mcdun
by Humboldt California on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:10 AM
1 mom liked this

From everything I read it was completely consensual, I hope this will get thrown out of court. She should have lost her job and they should have left it at that, in my opinion. 

Quoting Its.me.Sam.:

that sounds like a consensual sexual encounter between two adults.  crossing the patient/program employee line certainly..but 'rape'.  seems unwarranted.  was there any coercion or threats to do with program completion or anything?  

A kiss is the beginning of cannibalism.

-Georges Bataille

nopenope666
by Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:12 AM
Ridiculous. Two adulta having consensual sex is rape? Kden.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)