Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

This Comic Strip Explains White Privilege Perfectly In Simple Language

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 4:13 AM
  • 5 Replies

Teenage artist Jamie Kapp, 19, knows a bit about white privilege and institutionalized racism. She also understands that many people just don’t get it.

“I was mad that I had to explain such a simple issue as white privilege in a comic because it’s something that people should read for themselves,” she said. (Buzzfeed)

So she took to Tumblr to discuss white privilege and used her skills as an artist to try to clue people in. It was effective, but at the same time, she was stunned as she became the victim of bullying, death threats, and hate mail because of her efforts. She ended up shutting down her blog. She seems adamant, however, that she not be considered a victim. See her message:

A detailed explanation of everything that happened can be read on Buzzfeed. She told Buzzfeed that she’d like for her message to be heard, so we’re going to share it here. It’s an important message. We just hope that this talented young lady can get back to creating important work soon.

enhanced-buzz-5602-1389054134-10
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 4:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Clairwil
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 6:25 AM
1 mom liked this

BUMP!

UpSheRises
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 6:31 AM
1 mom liked this

This is going to go over well.

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Apr. 30, 2014 at 7:09 AM

When I see "most"  black celebrities wanting to HELP people..aren't they basically  wanting to just help BLACK folk.  I don't see that with white folks..when they do charities they want to help ALL folk..see the difference? And some LOVE it when white people get caught talking about them..because then they see $$$ signs. Oh yea..they will FORGIVE you as long as you give $$$ to some black college fund or whatever.  What does that say Celestial?  It tells me that they can be BOUGHT and they encourage divide so they can keep saying CA-SHING!!  Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson has made BIG bucks shaking white companies down..  Gives a new meaning to the word BLACK MAIL.

erika9009
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 5:10 PM

Humm,

Now, I would like to see the Asian vs white privilege version of that please.

The Asian community made huge uproar here in CA recently when some in the state legislature tried to bring back affirmative action type laws.

Donna6503
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 5:17 PM
Thank the Whites: http://youtu.be/TR5rdlJ4X-k

Here you have the reasoning.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)