Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

The Reason She Almost Had an Abortion Will Disgust You — But You Might Want to Hear Why She Couldn’t Go Through With It

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 7:55 AM
  • 312 Replies
Josie Cunningham wanted to be a celebrity so bad that she almost had an abortion just to increase her chances of getting on the reality show “Big Brother.” On Saturday, she revealed to the Mirror that feeling her baby kicking changed everything. As TheBlaze previously reported, the 23-year-old “wannabe” model is reportedly 18 weeks pregnant and decided an abortion might further her career after she noticed producers turning “cold” after she told them she was with child. “This time next year I won’t have a baby. I’ll be famous instead,” she bragged to the Mirror last week. Video screengrab via the Mirror Video screengrab via the Mirror Cunningham claims she was in a cab on the way to a private abortion clinic when she started sobbing and having doubts. The baby had kicked just 24 hours earlier and she “couldn’t get that feeling out of” her head. “I’d forgotten what the feeling was like. It was magical. It was like the baby was telling me not to go through with it,” she said. AP Cunningham is now expected to give birth to her child in October. There will certainly be people who speculate she may have made the whole abortion threat up for publicity, given her intense desire to be famous. But Cunningham says “anyone who thinks I would do this as a publicity stunt doesn’t know the real me.” Further, she announced she will not be a contestant on “Big Brother.” She also told the Mirror that her new child will not stop her from achieving her goal of becoming a celebrity. Cunningham, who already has two children, has been pelted with harsh criticism — and a little bit of support from pro-abortion advocates. TheBlaze’s Billy Hallowell outlines some of both here
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 7:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 7:56 AM

Josie Cunningham wanted to be a celebrity so bad that she almost had an abortion just to increase her chances of getting on the reality show “Big Brother.” On Saturday, she revealed to the Mirror that feeling her baby kicking changed everything.

As TheBlaze previously reported, the 23-year-old “wannabe” model is reportedly 18 weeks pregnant and decided an abortion might further her career after she noticed producers turning “cold” after she told them she was with child.

“This time next year I won’t have a baby. I’ll be famous instead,” she bragged to the Mirror last week.

Video screengrab via the Mirror

Video screengrab via the Mirror

Cunningham claims she was in a cab on the way to a private abortion clinic when she started sobbing and having doubts. The baby had kicked just 24 hours earlier and she “couldn’t get that feeling out of” her head.

“I’d forgotten what the feeling was like. It was magical. It was like the baby was telling me not to go through with it,” she said.

AP

AP

Cunningham is now expected to give birth to her child in October.

There will certainly be people who speculate she may have made the whole abortion threat up for publicity, given her intense desire to be famous. But Cunningham says “anyone who thinks I would do this as a publicity stunt doesn’t know the real me.”

Further, she announced she will not be a contestant on “Big Brother.” She also told the Mirror that her new child will not stop her from achieving her goal of becoming a celebrity.

Cunningham, who already has two children, has been pelted with harsh criticism — and a little bit of support from pro-abortion advocates. TheBlaze’s Billy Hallowell outlines some of both here

(with paragraphs)

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Apr. 30, 2014 at 7:58 AM
5 moms liked this

Glad she's not having an abortion..that's all I have for this person..

Schauseil
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:09 AM
5 moms liked this
If that picture is her, she is UGLY!
denise3680
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:25 AM

so she did not  have an abortion:/  that is wonderful good thing we still have choices.

Pema_Jampa
by 2HotTacoTini on Apr. 30, 2014 at 10:13 AM
5 moms liked this

This person needs help either way.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 10:17 AM
3 moms liked this

See, the Pro-aborts don't look at it that way.

They see it as having a fish on the line and just as they are about to land it in the boat it slips off the hook.

One that got away.

Quoting denise3680:

so she did not  have an abortion:/  that is wonderful good thing we still have choices.

Donna6503
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 10:18 AM
3 moms liked this
Indeed

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

This person needs help either way.

Gerbert007
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 10:24 AM
3 moms liked this
Glad she didnt go ahead and kill her baby for her own selfish gain.She was no worse then others going to have an abortion IMO.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nixore
by myk elskling on Apr. 30, 2014 at 10:29 AM
8 moms liked this
Really? I'm pro-choice, but I find her reason to be terrible. Even worse is that she was considering an elective abortion far enough along to feel the quickening. An abortion should be a woman's choice, but if they're going to have one, sooner is always better than later.

Quoting Billiejeens:

See, the Pro-aborts don't look at it that way.

They see it as having a fish on the line and just as they are about to land it in the boat it slips off the hook.

One that got away.

Quoting denise3680:

vic270
by Vic on Apr. 30, 2014 at 11:16 AM
7 moms liked this

This is a great story, the baby did not want to die so the mother did not kill it. Great ending.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN