Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

I'm starting to see that this group...

Posted by on May. 1, 2014 at 5:12 AM
  • 1216 Replies
28 moms liked this

...is simply a platform for rabid conservatives to judge others according to their standards and spout incorrect information. 

I came in here hoping for lively debates with factual evidence, and instead found people trying to use their religions and personal opinions as facts. 

I'm very disappointed. 

by on May. 1, 2014 at 5:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
booaura
by on May. 1, 2014 at 5:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, I kind of got that too, and I've only browsed the group for a while, just joined yesterday. But that sems like an accurate assessment.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sparklepants747
by Member on May. 1, 2014 at 5:17 AM
2 moms liked this

Same here. I love a good debate, but this is not it. This is just...ridiculous. 

Quoting booaura: Yeah, I kind of got that too, and I've only browsed the group for a while, just joined yesterday. But that sems like an accurate assessment.

booaura
by on May. 1, 2014 at 5:17 AM
2 moms liked this
Yup. Rude, judgemental, 'because of god'. That's about all I've heard.

Quoting Sparklepants747:

Quoting booaura: Yeah, I kind of got that too, and I've only browsed the group for a while, just joined yesterday. But that sems like an accurate assessment.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sparklepants747
by Member on May. 1, 2014 at 5:22 AM
3 moms liked this

Sigh. And it seems like a few of those ladies start frothing at the mouth when anyone dares to provide a differing viewpoint.

This isn't a private group, they don't own it, but they sure know how to team up and scare people away that don't agree with them. 

Quoting booaura: Yup. Rude, judgemental, 'because of god'. That's about all I've heard.
Quoting Sparklepants747:

Sweet_Faith
Just because someone claims to be a Christian doesn't mean they are. Many who claim to be a Christians are hypocrites lacking compassion for others.
Yesterday at 6:28 PM
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2014 at 5:27 AM
16 moms liked this

I'm Conservative and a Christian, but I'm not rabid. I don't go attacking people, but I've been attacked by some rabid Liberals, not so much in this group, but on CM in general. However, I have seen Conservatives and Christians attacked many times in this group, maybe that should be addressed as well?

VeronicaTex
by on May. 1, 2014 at 6:25 AM
13 moms liked this

When I joined CM in 2006, I was 56 years old.  It was my first computer.

CM is advertized as a place where Moms can connect.  It all looks so very friendly UNTIL one really begins to get a feel of where it really IS friendly and where it isn't.

What I found is what I experienced in the real world and the cyber world are two very different things.

I am Roman Catholic and I love God.  I am a Cradle Catholic, and God guides me, because I seek it.  

I am so much more free, being a Stay At Home Mom now, to fully be the person God created me to be.  I am no longer out in the work force, being a teacher.

I can relax and not be bothered by real life stresses of being with real administrators, real kids, real parents.

It's just my daughter and I, perhaps going out to her therapies, to shop, to attend Mass, until my husband comes home at night.

This is my place to connect with the outside world.  

I will be who God created me to be.

Veronica-Roman Catholic

VeronicaTex
by on May. 1, 2014 at 6:43 AM
11 moms liked this

What I see of this group is that women, in general do not know how to effectively debate.  They do not know how to use terms such as " I beg to differ".  "I see what you are saying, but this is how I feel".

The vocabulary, the sentiment of looking for unity many times just isn't there.

It comes across as attacking.

I personally feel it is because people are not mature in being with the public, and have never been taught "how to talk on line" .  Emotions are unbridled, and that is reflected in the words that come on the page...

This is a debate group:  there are two sides mainly:  Conservative and Liberal.

Any one who comes here faces this reality:  Women are going to include their religion in on their comments, because they live it. 

It takes a while, but one can sift out the Conservative from the Liberals.

I will be frank, OP.  

I find it disappointing that you are disappointed.

You are critical in your assessment .  The proof?  You use these words:  rabid, judge, spout .

It is unfortunate you cannot trust the rest of the world and want them to live by your  standards.

You have just given us a CLEAR picture of who YOU  are.

You are not allowing people to be who they are.

Most importantly, in your observations and criticism, you are not allowing people to live their religion.  

You either adjust to who other people are, or back away.

You either learn to reply, with confidence and assertively WITHOUT criticism, or be prepared that you will be taken to task for your tone of voice.

You cannot dictate who the rest of us are.

I cannot speak for all, but when I speak, it will be with my voice, with facts, with truthfulness and with Religion, because that is what God created me to do.

If you can't handle that about me, in all honesty that is your problem.

There are lively discussions with factual evidence that include religious people making the statements.

If you are disappointed in what this group is, why do you stay???

Veronica-Roman Catholic

Sparklepants747
by Member on May. 1, 2014 at 6:54 AM
8 moms liked this

I was very critical, and that may have been unfair based on only a few posts. You are allowed to live your religion, and I will never criticize you. I was raised catholic myself. 

However, when someone makes a claim they present as factual, I expect to see facts presented to back it up. That is my sticking point. That is to be expected on an open forum, and even more so on a political/news forum. 

That has nothing to do with religion, and if you were to say that you base your beliefs from the teachings of your religion, that is completely different. 

My observations are true from what I've seen, and I certainly don't expect anyone to live to my "standards." 

I stand by my post, and I don't think you understood the point I was trying to make. 

Quoting VeronicaTex:

What I see of this group is that women, in general do not know how to effectively debate.

This is a debate group:  there are two sides mainly:  Comnservative and Liberal.

Any one who comes here faces this reality:  Women are going to include their religion in on their comments, because they live it. 

It takes a while, but one can sift out the Conservatives from the Liberals.

I will be frank, OP.  

You are critical in your assessment .  The proof?  You use these words:  rabid, judge, spout 

It is unfortunate you cannot trust the rest of the world and want them to live by your  standards.

You have just given us a CLEAR picture of who you are.

Most importantly, in your observations and criticism, you are not allowing people to live their religion.  

You either learn to reply, with confidence and assertively WITHOUT criticism, or be prepared that you will be taken to task for your tone of voice.

I cannot speak for all, but when I speak, it will be with my voice, with facts and with Religion, because that is what God created me to do.

There are lively discussions with factual evidence that include religious people making the statements.

If yu are disappointed, why do you stay???

Veronica-Roman Catholic

VeronicaTex
by on May. 1, 2014 at 6:58 AM
2 moms liked this

I have seen you handle yourself in other places.

You are not the most loving of people....

With that in mind....Please explain to me so I can understand, what do you mean, then?

Veronica

Quoting Sparklepants747:

I was very critical, and that may have been unfair based on only a few posts. You are allowed to live your religion, and I will never criticize you. I was raised catholic myself. 

However, when someone makes a claim they present as factual, I expect to see facts presented to back it up. That is my sticking point. That is to be expected on an open forum, and even more so on a political/news forum. 

That has nothing to do with religion, and if you were to say that you base your beliefs from the teachings of your religion, that is completely different. 

My observations are true from what I've seen, and I certainly don't expect anyone to live to my "standards." 

I stand by my post, and I don't think you understood the point I was trying to make. 

Quoting VeronicaTex:

What I see of this group is that women, in general do not know how to effectively debate.

This is a debate group:  there are two sides mainly:  Comnservative and Liberal.

I will be frank, OP.  

You are critical in your assessment .  The proof?  You use these words:  rabid, judge, spout 

I cannot speak for all, but when I speak, it will be with my voice, with facts and with Religion, because that is what God created me to do.

Veronica-Roman Catholic

Sparklepants747
by Member on May. 1, 2014 at 7:07 AM
2 moms liked this

Religious beliefs and explaining them as such are always allowed and should be treated with respect. 

Making a claim or stating a "fact" without any proof is ridiculous and unnecessary, more so in a debate, like this group facilitates.

I frankly don't care what your personal opinion of me is, and in the scheme of things it's insignificant. I state my opinion in the simplest of terms, and don't coddle those who won't help themselves. In a debate, I do research and present facts and sources. 

Quoting VeronicaTex:

I have seen you handle yourself in other places.

You are not the most loving of people....

With that in mind....Please explain to me so I can understand, what do you mean, then?

Veronica

Quoting Sparklepants747:

Quoting VeronicaTex:

I will be frank, OP.  

Veronica-Roman Catholic

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)