Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Dobson tears into Obama: 'Come and get me'

Posted by on May. 1, 2014 at 4:57 PM
  • 73 Replies
3 moms liked this

WASHINGTON – James Dobson, founder of Focus on the Family and Family Talk Radio, a harsh critic of President Obama and an opponent in court, on Thursday described him as the “abortion president” during an address at the National Day of Prayer.

Dobson, whose organization recently won a court fight against Obama over a mandate in Obamacare that would have required his ministry to pay for abortion pills, has not been shy about challenging the president on his abortion agenda.

At one point during the fight over the imposition of the abortion mandate, he said to the president: “Come and get me. I will not yield to your wicked regulations.”

The fact that Obama is more supportive of abortion than any other chief executive in the U.S. was touted by none other than Planned Parenthood.

In a report on his 2013 keynote address to a gala by Planned Parenthood, the largest player in the nation’s abortion industry, Cecile Richards, chief of the organization, said: “President Obama has done more than any president in history for women’s health and rights. He understands that access to birth control and preventive health care are economic issues for women and their families.

“We fought alongside him to ensure that women’s health access was expanded in the landmark Affordable Care Act, and now we have to fight hard to ensure that the full promise of health care reform is realized for millions of women.”

At the prayer day event, where he was one of several speakers, Dobson described how Obama said he would become the abortion president.

“He has made it so that every American will have to pay toward the support of abortion,” he said, noting the $250 million in taxpayer funds that already goes toward Planned Parenthood’s funding.

He implored listeners to “keep fighting.”

“We can win. And keep prayer because that’s what really made a difference here.”

WND reported just days ago when U.S. District Judge Robert Blackburn issued an injunction preventing the federal government from imposing the abortifacient mandate or its penalties against Dobson and his radio ministry, Family Talk.

Dobson wrote then in a note to friends: “We are celebrating and

thanking the Lord this morning. Victory is ours. We won our case against [former Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen] Sebelius and the Obama administration.”

Get James Dobson’s classic, “When God Doesn’t Make Sense,” from the WND Superstore.

He continued: “Judge Blackburn wrote a powerful statement, which even used pro-life language, (i.e., referring to a ‘human fetus’). He defended my right to follow the dictates of my conscience. It was eloquent.”

Dobson explained then what the ministry and its few dozen employees were facing.

“The mandate requiring that we provide abortifacients such as the morning after pill would have begun on May 1st. After that, if we hadn’t prevailed, fines amounting to $800,000 per year would have kicked in,” he said.

“We would have closed our doors.”

by on May. 1, 2014 at 4:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gerbert007
by on May. 1, 2014 at 5:58 PM
2 moms liked this
I hope they dont get to the point of closing their doors.FOF does so much for the family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raintree
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2014 at 6:28 PM

Quoting Gerbert007: I hope they dont get to the point of closing their doors.FOF does so much for the family.

I thought he wasn't with FoF anymore. I thought they got rid of him. 

Raintree
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2014 at 6:33 PM
Oh yep. They did.
Gerbert007
by on May. 1, 2014 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I think dobson just retired.He is still active with the organization.

Quoting Raintree: Oh yep. They did.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Celestial-
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2014 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol. Dobson is a presumptuous loon who is not worthy of anyones time.

IhartU
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2014 at 7:09 PM
2 moms liked this

Why is it okay to use tax dollars to war and kill innocents but it's not okay- and against your god- to use the same money to provide abortions?  Both are killing to pro-life people, so why is one okay and the other wrong?

Raintree
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2014 at 7:51 PM
Nope.

Quoting Gerbert007: I think dobson just retired.He is still active with the organization.

Quoting Raintree: Oh yep. They did.
blondekosmic15
by Blonde on May. 1, 2014 at 8:17 PM
5 moms liked this

Quoting -Celestial-: Lol. Dobson is a presumptuous loon who is not worthy of anyones time.

Then why are you here?!

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on May. 1, 2014 at 8:31 PM
5 moms liked this

Quoting IhartU:

Why is it okay to use tax dollars to war and kill innocents but it's not okay- and against your god- to use the same money to provide abortions?  Both are killing to pro-life people, so why is one okay and the other wrong?

America doesn't go to war to kill innocent people. The decision to go to war is to protect us from foreign enemies, to protect our interests abroad and defend our allies. Sometimes innocent people are killed but our military do not purposely target the innocent. Commanders take every precaution to prevent innocent casualties during war. Abortion is the deliberate killing of defenseless innocent human beings. I don't want my tax $$ contributing to the murder of millions of babies throughout this country. 

VeronicaTex
by on May. 1, 2014 at 8:36 PM
4 moms liked this

I applaud Dr. Dobson.

I have always liked and respected this man, one who is very much in favor of the family.

It is really too bad the Mr. Obama is not in the shoes of the people who are the recipents of his mandates and have to live with a President and administration that favors Abortion.

I have said this many times....Mr Obama has all the makings of a dictator.

There will be consequences for people who have abused their power and have defied the Word of God!!!

It is always sad to me that people have so much potential to be good, yet choose to be selfish and evil....

When I say consequences I mean when these people stand in front of the Lord...

Veronica

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN