Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Watch the Shocked Reactions from College Students When They Hear Hillary’s Previous Position on Gay Marriage

Posted by on May. 3, 2014 at 12:28 AM
Eds
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

Watch the Shocked Reactions from College Students When They Hear Hillary’s Previous Position on Gay Marriage

Imagine what kind of shock would overcome college students at a prominent university outside Washington, D.C., if they learned that one of the top Democratic candidates for 2016 was revealed to have once supported traditional marriage.

Well, imagine no longer.

MRC TV’s Dan Joseph recently hit the campus of George Mason University to read an old quote from Hillary Clinton when she was against gay marriage. He read the quote first, then asked the students who they thought might have said it. Of course, many said it had to have come from a Republican like “Paul Rand.”

When they found out who actually said it, shock and awe ensued: “Uh-oh,” “what!” and “really?”

(Source: YouTube)

Image source: YouTube

The quote from 2000, by the way, is documented in a USA Today piece: ”Marriage has historic, religious and moral content that goes back to the beginning of time, and I think a marriage is as a marriage has always been, between a man and a woman.”

To be fair, Joseph notes in his video that Clinton eventually evolved on her views. But that didn’t placate everyone: One student pointed out that it seems Clinton may have switched for political purposes and to secure votes.

Watch the full reactions below:

by on May. 3, 2014 at 12:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on May. 3, 2014 at 1:14 AM
Marriage has historic, religious and moral content that goes back to the beginning of time, and I think a marriage is as a marriage has always been, between a man and a woman.”

Knowing shes a scorned woman it makes sense. Some people turned to sanctimonious actions to justify their life.

If her stance changed well that's just an added bonus of one less person governing from the bible.
Jambo4
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2014 at 2:59 AM
5 moms liked this

"If it's going to get them a vote then... politics are politics"  

Yep.. the college students nailed it.  

vic270
by Vic on May. 3, 2014 at 7:10 AM
6 moms liked this

I think Hillary would say or do anything to get what she wants. I'm just hoping by the time the current administration gets done with his main goal of destroying this country that people will have learnd some lessons from the school of hard knocks.

littlelamb303
by Member on May. 3, 2014 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this

she lived in a different time(as I did).  I am 50 and I can honestly say that I was not always so tolerant of gays or gay marriage(shamefully)..  It simply was not accepted back then.  I honestly did not know anyone 30 yrs ago that were FOR gay marriage.  The college students are not very bright if they do not understand that.  I was recently talking to my 17 yr old about this exact same issue .  The difference between her generation and mine back in the day.   She understood COMPLETELY how things were different and how we were not living in tolerant times at all  .  I did notice one of the students did say " a democrat 10 yrs ago"  Obviously  , he understood.

denise3680
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2014 at 9:07 AM

wow, someone had the audacity to evolve in their stance on a subject:/  Who knew that was possible:/ 

Meadowchik
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2014 at 9:26 AM
3 moms liked this

If I had to guess, I'd say the first time she said it, she was pandering.

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on May. 3, 2014 at 10:10 AM
4 moms liked this

Whatever way the political winds blow....

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2014 at 12:52 PM
2 moms liked this

You mean, Hillary and Obama had the same view as Mitt Romney?

And Dick Cheney had the libertarian position on gay marriage a decade before it was the "cool" thing for Democrats to do?

Tranquil_Octopi
by on May. 3, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Eh, people change their mind all the time. 

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2014 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Tranquil_Octopi:

Eh, people change their mind all the time. 

People without core values

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)