Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

US Citizenship Test...?

Posted by on May. 3, 2014 at 2:58 PM
  • 45 Replies
by on May. 3, 2014 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Peanutx3
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2014 at 3:29 PM

I could pass.

Your scoreAverage reader scoreExpert score
Correct
Wrong
85%
You answered 82 of 96 questions correctly for a total score of 85%.
1stmuslimah
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2014 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this

It's pretty basic and for anyone who has done any kind of reading or looking into basics on USA and how it is run can easily pass it. I have helped several family members study for it. The hardest part they have is the reading or writing English for those who have had a harder time. I helped my brother study for his and he took it this past July and passed with flying colors.

Sisters of Islam

Healthy Living & Cooking

29again
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Could you pass a US citizenship test?

Quiz results

Your score Average reader score Expert score
Correct
Wrong
98%
You answered 94 of 96 questions correctly for a total score of 98%.
83%

Ziva65
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2014 at 4:08 PM

That was long, but once I started it I wanted to see how I'd do.

96% a few I wasn't too sure about.

My parents became citizens when I was 12. That was a big deal. I remember they studied hard for that.

I would love ot see Leno (or whoever it is now) do this on late night...

JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2014 at 4:22 PM
I missed four. One of them I misread though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluerooffarm
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2014 at 4:54 PM

92% I was pretty irritated with myself for missing a few of them though.  Four of the ones I missed I should have gotten.

1stmuslimah
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2014 at 6:49 PM

Quoting Ziva65:

My parents became citizens when I was 12. That was a big deal. I remember they studied hard for that.

I'm so sick of that test from all the years of helping family members or friend study for it. Being that I am one of the youngest or at least came to the USA at a younger age of a long list of siblings and in laws I am the the most Americanized so I am always the ";go to" person for everything especially for studying for the citizenship test. I feel like I know that test inside out questions and their order and all lol but when asked I can't possibly refuse especiall with this last one when my brother studies for it all last year in which he took the test in July.

Sisters of Islam

Healthy Living & Cooking

Ziva65
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2014 at 7:59 PM

How does it work when kids come over? Do they have to wait until a certain age to take the test?

My parents came over from Germany, via Canada when they were in their 20's. They were 30 something when they took the test

It's nice of you to help people though. It will come back around to you :) You have a skill that they don't.

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

Quoting Ziva65:

I'm so sick of that test from all the years of helping family members or friend study for it. Being that I am one of the youngest or at least came to the USA at a younger age of a long list of siblings and in laws I am the the most Americanized so I am always the ";go to" person for everything especially for studying for the citizenship test. I feel like I know that test inside out questions and their order and all lol but when asked I can't possibly refuse especiall with this last one when my brother studies for it all last year in which he took the test in July.

Sparklepants747
by Member on May. 3, 2014 at 8:06 PM

I've taken that before, I got a 96%.

1stmuslimah
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2014 at 8:20 PM

Quoting Ziva65:

How does it work when kids come over? Do they have to wait until a certain age to take the test?

My parents came over from Germany, via Canada when they were in their 20's. They were 30 something when they took the test

It's nice of you to help people though. It will come back around to you :) You have a skill that they don't.

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

Quoting Ziva65:

It really depends on how they come. Some like most of my family came refugee, some come work visa, student visa, or fiancee visa. The first step if staying beyond visa is to get a Green Card. a Green Card through marriage is issued at first for 2 years in which during that 2 years husband and wife must be living together as husband and wife or it will be revoked. After that first 2 years they get a Green Card like any other that are good for 10 years at a time. Every 10 years they have to be renewed. Most who plan on living here most if not all their life apply for citizenship after being here for a total of 5 years. They must be here for 5 years and have a completely clean record to qualify to apply to be a citizen. Any children born in the USA whether or notthe parents are on a Visa, Green Card, or even just for tourism are automatically citizens. Those who come refugee qualify for a Green Card after one year all others on different kinds of Visa's it depenmds on the kind of Visa how long they have to be here or what if anything qualifies them for a Green Card.

The difference between a Green Card and citizenship is a Green Card gives the permanent residency unless they brake the law then they face deportation. They also don't have the right to vote. With a citizenship even if they brake the law they can't be deported, they have the right to vote.

Every situation is different and how and why you came and what status you came under all determine everything.

Sisters of Islam

Healthy Living & Cooking

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)