• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Brit Hume, Former Democratic Rep. Get Into Heated Exchange Over Benghazi

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 2:21 PM
  • 20 Replies

Brit Hume, Former Democratic Rep. Get Into Heated Exchange Over Benghazi

Political analyst Brit Hume tangled with former Democratic Rep. Jane Harman over whether the White House deliberately misled the American people following the deadly 2012 terror attacks in Benghazi.

Harman, appearing on “Fox News Sunday,” said that the misinformation that was initially spread after the attacks was an “intelligence failure.”

Hume adamantly disagreed.

“You’re right, there wasn’t a conspiracy in the United States to mount the Benghazi attack,” Hume said. “That’s not the question.”

“The question was whether in the aftermath of the attack, when the administration sent its U.N. ambassador out to explain it to everybody, and she did so falsely, that there wasn’t a conspiracy to create the false talking points that she used,” the Fox News senior political analyst continued. “I’m not talking about the CIA talking points, I’m talking about the talking points used on that program that day, which were monumentally misleading, that since have been shown to be false, and based on no intelligence of any concequence that we know of.”

Harman continued, however, to insist that the administration did not deliberately craft misleading talking points.

“How did it happen?” Hume then pressed. “Where did the idea that the video had anything to do with Benghazi come from?”

“Can you identify anybody?” he added. “Can you identify any CIA information? Can you identify any source?”

“My view on this, having been around at the time, was that this was not deliberately misleading,” the former Democratic congresswoman replied. “It turned out to be wrong, but it was not deliberate.”

by on May. 4, 2014 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blondekosmic15
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2014 at 2:51 PM
5 moms liked this

I like Brit Hume. Dems are in denial. Mid-term elections approaching.

denise3680
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 3:18 PM

so are you saying that the dems used the video to enhance political position?  but that the Republicans are not doing the same exact thing by saying that this will be an issue in midterm elections and in 2016 to use against Hillary?  so two wrongs do make a right?

Quoting blondekosmic15:

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Wonder what Democrat Chris Wallace thought after former Rep Harman spoke: "And on that, we're going to take a break!"

DSamuels
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 3:48 PM
3 moms liked this

So deliberately lying and using the lie to cover-up to win an election is fine and exposing the truth isn't? That's some kind of twisted.

Quoting denise3680:

so are you saying that the dems used the video to enhance political position?  but that the Republicans are not doing the same exact thing by saying that this will be an issue in midterm elections and in 2016 to use against Hillary?  so two wrongs do make a right?

Quoting blondekosmic15:

29again
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 4:16 PM
2 moms liked this

It's like the dems don't have an independent thought among themselves, someone seems to write talking points for them.  They all, every single one of them, say the same exact thing.  They all try to deflect any question about Benghazi.. 

And the GOP will be well within its rights to highlight all the lying and cover-ups that took place for O to win the election, to point out what liars the dems were, and how they try to obstruct and deflect from this issue.  That is NOT two wrongs making a right, that is the truth being told.  Which we should have had way before now.  But then, what else can we expect from this admin, other than lies and cover-ups?  Certainly not transparency!!

denise3680
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 8:00 PM

who said that?  paraphrasing are we?  no but accusing others of doing the same thing that you are doing is hypocritical, don;t ya think?  Do you honestly believe that Romney/Ryan was going to win the election?  with or without Benghazi, they had IRS, fast and furious, the trayvon remark, etc... but yet they still lost, hmmmm:/  telling

Quoting DSamuels:

So deliberately lying and using the lie to cover-up to win an election is fine and exposing the truth isn't? That's some kind of twisted.

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting blondekosmic15:

DSamuels
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this

The admin and state dept KNOWINGLY  LIED about the video. Knowingly. And to win an election. The reps are NOT lying about anything to win an election. So tell me again how they are doing the same thing?

I thought Romney had a good chance. The trouble was he/they were too nice to do a dirty campaign and to defend themselves against the dirt flung at them. As to Benghazi Fox News was the ONLY station pursuing that story. The rest were too busy fawning and covering up for Obama. The IRS scandal didn't come out before the election and the dems pretty much made sure F&F was never investigated very much, so that was old news then.

Quoting denise3680:

who said that?  paraphrasing are we?  no but accusing others of doing the same thing that you are doing is hypocritical, don;t ya think?  Do you honestly believe that Romney/Ryan was going to win the election?  with or without Benghazi, they had IRS, fast and furious, the trayvon remark, etc... but yet they still lost, hmmmm:/  telling

Quoting DSamuels:

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Billiejeens
by Emerald Member on May. 4, 2014 at 10:01 PM

BUMP!

Donna6503
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 10:31 PM
No comment
denise3680
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 10:36 PM

I think someone dropped the ball on Benghazi, we are discussing using it as a political tool and both parties are using it, noone said anyone was lying or not lying:/  No, Romney did not have a good chance, the votes in the end were very telling,I think it was because of Ryan and his tea party affiliation, but that is JMO.  Ha, dirty politics is a two way street some are just better at it than others:/  Any one of those issues could have prevented Obama from getting into the whitehouse again but they did not.  I watch alot of Fox news and you are right they drove it into the dirt but they have a select audience and that audience obviously was not enough to get the vote.  So now they are going after Benghazi, using it as a tool for political power, same ol same ol just from a different party.  They say the Dems. hide the "smoking gun" and used it as a tool to win and now the Rep. are going to try and use it as a tool to win:/

Quoting DSamuels:

The admin and state dept KNOWINGLY  LIED about the video. Knowingly. And to win an election. The reps are NOT lying about anything to win an election. So tell me again how they are doing the same thing?

I thought Romney had a good chance. The trouble was he/they were too nice to do a dirty campaign and to defend themselves against the dirt flung at them. As to Benghazi Fox News was the ONLY station pursuing that story. The rest were too busy fawning and covering up for Obama. The IRS scandal didn't come out before the election and the dems pretty much made sure F&F was never investigated very much, so that was old news then.

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting DSamuels:

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)