Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics
Did I miss something?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 6, 2014 at 9:46 PM
Replies (551-558):
Seracake
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 8:39 AM

I'm pretty sure when she was posting, she wasn't a member anyway. 

Quoting marchantmom06: I find it odd after all her postings that she willingly left. Are you sure she wasn't booted? They generally lock you out after they remove so many post.
Quoting jcribb16:

No, but not by CM.

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

Is V no longer in the group?

Quoting shannonnigans: If you look at it realistically, assume you found out this was your family member. Think you might be concerned? I'd be distraught, and I'd be seeking help now. By the way, they actually appear to have pulled the one I reported.
Quoting marchantmom06: What's truly insane is that big red generally goes by the 3 strikes your out rule. They have taken down over 25 replies that I know of in the last week. I don't know if it's for ratings or what but I believe it's time they get involved. She's crossed a line and it's worrisome to a lot of people.
Quoting shannonnigans: I followed Grandma's advice (is this one wild week or what?!) and I reported her. This was in another thread today, which if I'm not mistaken was the FIFTH one now into which she has brought this insanity. They (CM) need to do something about this. For us and for her.

Sweet_Faith
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2014 at 9:08 AM

Don't you have to be a member of the group to post?

Quoting Seracake:

Quoting marchantmom06: I find it odd after all her postings that she willingly left. Are you sure she wasn't booted? They generally lock you out after they remove so many post.
Quoting jcribb16:

No, but not by CM.

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

Quoting shannonnigans: If you look at it realistically, assume you found out this was your family member. Think you might be concerned? I'd be distraught, and I'd be seeking help now. By the way, they actually appear to have pulled the one I reported.
Quoting marchantmom06: What's truly insane is that big red generally goes by the 3 strikes your out rule. They have taken down over 25 replies that I know of in the last week. I don't know if it's for ratings or what but I believe it's time they get involved. She's crossed a line and it's worrisome to a lot of people.
Quoting shannonnigans: I followed Grandma's advice (is this one wild week or what?!) and I reported her. This was in another thread today, which if I'm not mistaken was the FIFTH one now into which she has brought this insanity. They (CM) need to do something about this. For us and for her.

Seracake
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 9:32 AM

Nope, I'm not a member either. I'm pretty positive she wasn't either.

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

Quoting Seracake:

Quoting jcribb16:

No, but not by CM.

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2014 at 9:43 AM
2 moms liked this

That train has gone off the tracks several times in the past already.  I began generally avoiding her well over a year ago when it became obvious that she has some issues that aren't helped by being on the internet, and prevent her from behaving in a rational manner.

She was already behaving this way to people that hold very different views (like myself), so it probably seemed out of the blue that she would behave this way to members who consider themselves friendly with her and sharing more similar views.

Best you can hope for is that there is someone in her life that recognizes this behavior and helps her.

Quoting shannonnigans:

I think that train was going to go off the track at some point anyway, and if help is truly needed, and it seems everyone agreed on that, then perhaps the sooner the better. 

On the bright side, and there was one, I've now had a couple pleasant exchanges with members I had really gotten into it with in the past, I traded PMs with a couple more, and apparently I'm not the only one who had this experience.  I'm sure we'll get into it again, but this was a nice change of pace and perhaps when we do, it will be with a little less vitriol.    

Pema_Jampa
by 2HotTacoTini on May. 13, 2014 at 11:19 AM

Nope

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

Quoting Seracake:

Quoting jcribb16:

No, but not by CM.

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

Pema_Jampa
by 2HotTacoTini on May. 13, 2014 at 11:23 AM

She'll be back. They always come back.

jcribb16
by Primrose Foxglove on May. 13, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Not booted.

Quoting jcribb16:

No, but not by CM.

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

Pema_Jampa
by 2HotTacoTini on May. 13, 2014 at 12:19 PM

Well it sure will be boring without her. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)