Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Only A Nice Post

Posted by on May. 9, 2014 at 4:36 PM
  • 56 Replies
3 moms liked this

Mean and nasty comments are not allowed! Everyone has something good to offer about themselves and to others, a quality they have as a person. As we all know Conservatives, Liberals, Republicans and Democrats will never agree on just about anything. Who do you know in this group that you never agree with, but respect and admire? On a side note, I don't intentionally mean to leave Independents and Libertarians out so feel free to post.

I'll go first! I don't really know a lot of you ladies and have been away from Cafemom for about 6 months and just recently came back. One name comes to my mind and we NEVER seem to agree on anything, we are complete opposites, she's an Atheist and I'm a Christian, but I admire and respect her a lot as a person. She's been through a lot in her life and is still going through a lot, her perserverance is just that. She has always been respectful to me and to others even in the heat of the moment. Her name is "Friday," I just want to say even though this is just the internet and not real life, we are both real people and that's what I admire about you, you are real. You don't pretend to be someone or something you're not and I have a lot of admiration and respect for you. Thank you for always being nice, respectful and kind to me and to others:)

by on May. 9, 2014 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Raintree
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2014 at 5:44 PM
5 moms liked this

Friday is awesome, sweet. Good choice. She's been a friend of mine for a long time now. 

I secretly love blonde. I'm not kidding. I worry when she isn't around much. I wonder if something has happened. She cracks me up. We have little things in common here and there - we both love animals, we've talked a little about gardening and nutrition/food over the years. She and I have had a lot of arguments in that time, but she always seems to let it go- which is a nice quality. 

Donna6503
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2014 at 5:55 PM
5 moms liked this
I have found out, there aren't very many types of my liberalism around here ... so many people will disagree with me on something.

But, I really enjoy all of you, even though I have gotten under your skin in some fashion. You're all are smart and intelligent women and I can honestly say, I've been impressed with all of you.

Still, should add, that I really enjoy grandmob, she can dish it as well as she can take it.

Donna -- thanks all for being a part of this group
Abaco
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2014 at 6:04 PM
5 moms liked this
Friday is a great choice and I agree with you.

I'm going to begin with Raintree. We've argued and had some pretty heated moments, or I have has some heated moments. I have appreciated her times of sincerety in many of her comments in concern. I was touched when she had sent me a pm in sympathy of losing an adopted mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Abaco
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2014 at 6:06 PM
6 moms liked this
I love Donnas ends to the reply. She cracks me up with her....
Donna-a good sense of humor is beneficial : )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sweet_Faith
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2014 at 6:08 PM

Quoting Abaco: Friday is a great choice and I agree with you. I'm going to begin with Raintree. We've argued and had some pretty heated moments, or I have has some heated moments. I have appreciated her times of sincerety in many of her comments in concern. I was touched when she had sent me a pm in sympathy of losing an adopted mom.

That was very kind of her and I'm very sorry for your loss.

Raintree
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2014 at 6:47 PM
:)

Quoting Abaco: Friday is a great choice and I agree with you.

I'm going to begin with Raintree. We've argued and had some pretty heated moments, or I have has some heated moments. I have appreciated her times of sincerety in many of her comments in concern. I was touched when she had sent me a pm in sympathy of losing an adopted mom.
4evrinbluejeans
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Even before you said who, I knew you were talking about Friday.  She is most certainly all those things and more.  

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on May. 9, 2014 at 9:25 PM
2 moms liked this

I love you too, Rain. I was concerned about your recent absence. I was thankful to hear you're ok. We have nothing in common concerning religion and politics but I sense a connection to you as a mother and a human being. Boy have we had some arguments throughout the years but I appreciate the moments we've shared everyday life issues and common interests. 

Thank you for the compliment. I think we can all find something to share with each other even little things which are an important part of our lives~

Quoting Raintree:

Friday is awesome, sweet. Good choice. She's been a friend of mine for a long time now. I secretly love blonde. I'm not kidding. I worry when she isn't around much. I wonder if something has happened. She cracks me up. We have little things in common here and there - we both love animals, we've talked a little about gardening and nutrition/food over the years. She and I have had a lot of arguments in that time, but she always seems to let it go- which is a nice quality. 

Raintree
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2014 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this
You're making me all teary.

lol

Quoting blondekosmic15:

I love you too, Rain. I was concerned about your recent absence. I was thankful to hear you're ok. We have nothing in common concerning religion and politics but I sense a connection to you as a mother and a human being. Boy have we had some arguments throughout the years but I appreciate the moments we've shared everyday life issues and common interests. 

Thank you for the compliment. I think we can all find something to share with each other even little things which are an important part of our lives~

Quoting Raintree:

Friday is awesome, sweet. Good choice. She's been a friend of mine for a long time now. I secretly love blonde. I'm not kidding. I worry when she isn't around much. I wonder if something has happened. She cracks me up. We have little things in common here and there - we both love animals, we've talked a little about gardening and nutrition/food over the years. She and I have had a lot of arguments in that time, but she always seems to let it go- which is a nice quality. 

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on May. 9, 2014 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I've been a member of CM for 7 yrs. I believe we can learn from one another even those who we share a difference of opinion with. I have found a different perspective can provide an opportunity to explore various avenues in respect to the topic of discussion. Research is a passion of mine. A tool of discovery and knowledge. Grant you some topics I will not compromise because of my faith and personal beliefs. I try to keep in mind we all come from different walks of life, cultures and religious views. Hopefully we can agree to disagree....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)