Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

62-Year-Old Florida Woman Had Her ‘Unsavory’ Neighbors’ Home Bulldozed — and She Claims She Did the Neighborhood a Favor

Posted by on May. 11, 2014 at 1:22 AM
Eds
  • 29 Replies

62-Year-Old Florida Woman Had Her ‘Unsavory’ Neighbors’ Home Bulldozed — and She Claims She Did the Neighborhood a Favor

A Florida woman upset with her neighbors had their entire home demolished, authorities say.

Ana Maria Moreta Folch, 68. (Image source: St. Johns County Sheriff's Department via Florida Times-Union)

Ana Maria Moreta Folch, 62. (Image source: St. Johns County Sheriff’s Department via Florida Times-Union)

According to the Florida Times-Union, Ana Maria Moreta Folch, 62, was charged with criminal mischief, a third-degree felony, after police say she had her neighbors’ trailer bulldozed over suspicions they were unsavory and had broken into her car.

The 62-year-old had showed the bulldozer operator a key to the St. Augustine, Florida home and explained she wanted it and its septic tank destroyed and hauled away.

The arrest report said she did the neighborhood a favor by having the home destroyed, the police report says, according to Fox News.

Damage was estimated at $25,000, the Times-Union reported.

Moreta Folch was ultimately released Wednesday on a $10,000 bail. It was unclear if she had an attorney.

by on May. 11, 2014 at 1:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1stmuslimah
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2014 at 2:06 AM

It's obvious that this is not the complete story. One does not just make a phone call and have someones home bulldozed, not even the police as mentioned in the story have the authority to make that call.

I'm quite sure the home was reported and inspected by the proper departments who probably determined it was condemn-able. There could have been filth of the worse kind breeding rat, roach, and other disease carrying infestations that do travel from one home to another infesting all near by homes. These infestations not only carry carry disease but are expensive and very painstaking to eliminate if they can be completely eliminate at all.

The mention of the sptic tank having to be destroyed and hauled comes with even more health hazzard toxic problems. Again just like the trailor, they don't just destroy and haul away a spetic tank due to a complaint that is unfounded of serious health and sanitation concerns.

If i lived next to someone and I even suspected they live in festation of roaches which here in the north only happens to 2 kinds of people, people who live in filth, and people who live next to those who live in filth. Before I would ever let someone put me at risk of rats, roaches, and other festering filth I too would call, complain, and sit on the steps of city hall until something is done and if that meant total destruction of a filthy home and to add to it a toxic untaken care of septic tank that would be all the better.

How people can live in such filth, worse than any animal out side the filth of swine is beyond me, there is no excuse for it and it is selfish to expose neighboring homes to such filth.

Even though the article is leaving all that out I know for these measures to be taken that the home was ordered condemned and was found in need to be destroyed due to the amount of filth and infestation and anyone who would defend it that just say's they are filthy too.

If that is a photo of the home owner it is obvious to see she does not care about how she looks or even care about looking clean so I'm possative she could care less about living in her own filth.

Ednarooni160
by Eds on May. 11, 2014 at 2:08 AM

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

It's obvious that this is not the complete story. One does not just make a phone call and have someones home bulldozed, not even the police as mentioned in the story have the authority to make that call.

I'm quite sure the home was reported and inspected by the proper departments who probably determined it was condemn-able. There could have been filth of the worse kind breeding rat, roach, and other disease carrying infestations that do travel from one home to another infesting all near by homes. These infestations not only carry carry disease but are expensive and very painstaking to eliminate if they can be completely eliminate at all.

The mention of the sptic tank having to be destroyed and hauled comes with even more health hazzard toxic problems. Again just like the trailor, they don't just destroy and haul away a spetic tank due to a complaint that is unfounded of serious health and sanitation concerns.

If i lived next to someone and I even suspected they live in festation of roaches which here in the north only happens to 2 kinds of people, people who live in filth, and people who live next to those who live in filth. Before I would ever let someone put me at risk of rats, roaches, and other festering filth I too would call, complain, and sit on the steps of city hall until something is done and if that meant total destruction of a filthy home and to add to it a toxic untaken care of septic tank that would be all the better.

How people can live in such filth, worse than any animal out side the filth of swine is beyond me, there is no excuse for it and it is selfish to expose neighboring homes to such filth.

Even though the article is leaving all that out I know for these measures to be taken that the home was ordered condemned and was found in need to be destroyed due to the amount of filth and infestation and anyone who would defend it that just say's they are filthy too.

If that is a photo of the home owner it is obvious to see she does not care about how she looks or even care about looking clean so I'm possative she could care less about living in her own filth.

Pretty sure that is the woman accused of having her neighbors home bull dozed..

1stmuslimah
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2014 at 2:31 AM

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

That's what I was not quite sure of. I understand not everyone is a raving beauty but there is such a thing as attempt. The women in the photo who ever she is has not even made an attempt to look clean, groomed, or in any condition to be photographed.

Whether a person is attractive or not you can still tell those who have enough self respect to at least try and make themself presentable and cleaned up.

Good Lord that women looks like she has been hit by a bus.

Sisters of Islam

Healthy Living & Cooking

Clairwil
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2014 at 3:53 AM

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

That's what I was not quite sure of. I understand not everyone is a raving beauty but there is such a thing as attempt. The women in the photo who ever she is has not even made an attempt to look clean, groomed, or in any condition to be photographed.

Whether a person is attractive or not you can still tell those who have enough self respect to at least try and make themself presentable and cleaned up.

How do you look when dragged off by the police first thing in the morning, without a chance to shower or apply makeup, then spend 10 stressful hours being interrogated in a hot room before finally being charged and having your photo taken?

I don't know if that's what happened, but you do seem to be assuming it didn't happen. 

booaura
by on May. 11, 2014 at 3:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Either there is a lot more going on, or she has some serious mental issues.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shannonnigans
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2014 at 4:01 AM
There are some other missing elements to this story, or it's just extremely poorly written. The bulldozer operator sees the key she shows him, and that's good enough for him - he bulldozes a house and septic system? No proof of ownership, work orders, permits, condemnation order, etc.? Nobody would be that stupid.

Then, "the arrest report says she did the neighborhood a favor." The arrest report is written by the police. Did it mean to say the arrest report quoted others who said that? I really doubt the police editorialized like that in their report.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Pedro
by Member on May. 11, 2014 at 5:23 AM
I keep scrolling up to try and figure out what part of that pic looks unclean and unkempt. Her hai isn't matted, oily or in disarray and it looks to have at least been combed or brushed. Her face doesn't look dirty... I see some dark pigmentation around the corners of her mouth and around her eyes, but no smears or anything. The little bit of her clothes that we see looks like it is not stained or ripped... If all that you are basing it off is that she's wearing no make-up, and let her hair be natural and free then I must certainly look just as bad then :/

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

Mrs.Pedro
by Member on May. 11, 2014 at 5:26 AM
I agree with the above posters that there must be more... Septic tanks have to be drained and disposed of properly, and utilities turned off etc. before demolition. And I can't imagine a contractor would just go by seeing a set of keys to demolish without some sort of valid paperwork.
Ednarooni160
by Eds on May. 11, 2014 at 9:53 AM

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

She definitely looks tired, sad, and unhappy for sure.

1stmuslimah
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2014 at 1:09 PM

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

How do you look when dragged off by the police first thing in the morning, without a chance to shower or apply makeup, then spend 10 stressful hours being interrogated in a hot room before finally being charged and having your photo taken?

I don't know if that's what happened, but you do seem to be assuming it didn't happen. 

I have never lived that kind of life style or assiciated with anyone who would so can't say.

Sisters of Islam

Healthy Living & Cooking

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)