Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Is The Bible Pro-Life?

Pema_Jampa
Today at 2:54 PM
Rachel Platten - Fight Song (Official Lyric Video)

"Fight Song" is now available on iTunes! Download it here: http://smarturl.it/fightsong Don't forget to share and subscribe for more music! Check out my soci...

Posted by on May. 11, 2014 at 9:11 PM
  • 21 Replies

by on May. 11, 2014 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jobseeker
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2014 at 11:09 PM
2 moms liked this

throwing up

sure,  you fall for this? 

there is no source for this and this man is CLEARLY not a Christian theologian, there fore his 'interpretation' is not valid

idunno1234
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2014 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I couldn't get the video to run but it was only recently that I started researching this myself and I was shocked that the bible's references to abortion itself are indirect and far from clear and regarding life beginning at conception, the only real reference is seems to be life actually beginning before conception.

I don't think the bible is a good source at all for those who are anti-abortion.

I also wonder, considering how many men have had a hand in writing the bible, translating it, interpreting and reinterpreting it, why you are so quick to dismiss someone else's interpretation of it.  

Quoting jobseeker:

throwing up

there is no source for this and this man is CLEARLY not a Christian theologian, there fore his 'interpretation' is not valid

booaura
by on May. 12, 2014 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this
No. 'Smite all first born children'. Big part of why I stopped going to church and Sunday school. I have no desire to follow such a hypocritical religion and I don't believe in a cruel, vengeful,or murdering deity. Oh,, and this is im response to your title. Video isn't loading on my phone.
booaura
by on May. 12, 2014 at 8:51 AM
All excellent points!

Quoting idunno1234:

I couldn't get the video to run but it was only recently that I started researching this myself and I was shocked that the bible's references to abortion itself are indirect and far from clear and regarding life beginning at conception, the only real reference is seems to be life actually beginning before conception.

I don't think the bible is a good source at all for those who are anti-abortion.

I also wonder, considering how many men have had a hand in writing the bible, translating it, interpreting and reinterpreting it, why you are so quick to dismiss someone else's interpretation of it.  

Quoting jobseeker:

throwing up

bluerooffarm
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2014 at 9:50 AM

I'm surprised that nothing was quoted about the breath of life.  

redheadstar
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2014 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

The man on the video is a Political Commentator... lol 

Quoting jobseeker:

throwing up

idunno1234
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2014 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I have to wonder....do you know who every single person was and their credentials who had a hand in writing, translating and putting their spin on the bible over the centuries?  I wish the dang video would load so I could watch it but I have been surprised to learn that there is no direct reference to abortion in the bible, nothing about life beginning at conception at all and most Christians I know don't believe the bible is to be taken literally.  

Which sort of makes the whole God thinks life begins at conception and thinks abortion is a sin regardless of when it is done thing presumptuous at best.

Quoting redheadstar:

Quoting jobseeker:

throwing up

redheadstar
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Are you having trouble with the audio part of the video?

Quoting idunno1234:

I have to wonder....do you know who every single person was and their credentials who had a hand in writing, translating and putting their spin on the bible over the centuries?  I wish the dang video would load so I could watch it but I have been surprised to learn that there is no direct reference to abortion in the bible, nothing about life beginning at conception at all and most Christians I know don't believe the bible is to be taken literally.  

Which sort of makes the whole God thinks life begins at conception and thinks abortion is a sin regardless of when it is done thing presumptuous at best.

Quoting redheadstar:

Quoting jobseeker:

throwing up

jenUCLA
by on May. 12, 2014 at 12:21 PM

It doesn't really matter what the Bible says.  I know atheists who highly value all human life, including the lives of unborn children.  

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the right to life is one of the "self-evident" and "inalienable" rights.  And that was a man who did this:

The Jefferson Bible was a book constructed by Thomas Jefferson in the latter years of his life by cutting and pasting with a razor and glue numerous sections from the New Testament as extractions of the doctrine of Jesus. Jefferson's condensed composition is especially notable for its exclusion of all miracles by Jesus and most mentions of the supernatural, including sections of the four gospels which contain the Resurrectionand most other miracles, and passages indicating Jesus was divine.

idunno1234
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2014 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this

It doesn't seem to want to load.  Little circular thing goes round and round and round....

Quoting redheadstar:

Are you having trouble with the audio part of the video?

Quoting idunno1234:

Quoting redheadstar:

Quoting jobseeker:

throwing up

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)