Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Giuliani: White House In 'Utter Panic' Over Bergdahl Fallout

Posted by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 3:41 PM
  • 37 Replies

The White House is in "utter panic" over the fallout from the swap of five detainees at the U.S. military detention facility at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, for POW Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani said.

Administration aides have pushed back against accounts of Bergdahl's fellow service members who suggested he left his post in Afghanistan voluntarily. Giuliani said it was "disgraceful" for the White House to essentially accuse Bergdahl's fellow soldiers with lying.

"I think they are in a state of utter panic," Giuliani, a Republican, told Fox News' "America's Newsroom" on Thursday. "They are saying all these men are liars. These are men who did serve honorably. Who did put their lives at risk. Some of them are decorated. And, there's a lot of them who are saying the same thing."

Story continues below video.

The argument served to get the larger discussion about the issue "off the point," Giuliani said. While Bergdahl "should have been recovered no matter what," the question was "at what price?" the former mayor said.

"The price that we paid for Bergdahl might have been too high a price to pay, even if you were trying to save a Medal of Honor winner. We gave up five of the worst people in Guantanamo," he said.

The White House made the situation for Bergdahl worse, Giuliani said, by presenting him in the beginning as a returning war hero.

"To take a guy who left under questionable circumstances, where there are allegations of desertion, and to put his family in the White House, and to make it look like this great hero is coming back, it made it much more difficult. They're the ones who made the situation for Bergdahl much worse," he said.

by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
erika9009
by Silver Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this

If this "soldier" was an actual hero with various medals, then maybe I could see this. 

In reality, we appear to traded some terroists for a loser.

Erika..

Children are a blessing and are never inconvenient.............

PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 3:48 PM

And Guillano knows this how? Does he have hidden cameras in the Oval Office? 

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 3:49 PM

That we can't tighten up.

Quoting erika9009:

If this "soldier" was an actual hero with various metals, then maybe I could see this. 

In reality, we appear to traded some terroists for a looser.

erika9009
by Silver Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting erika9009:

If this "soldier" was an actual hero with various metals, then maybe I could see this. 

Thanks mom...........................

My fingers have there own mind.  Ususally, I can get won to work write, but the others are loosers

Erika..

Children are a blessing and are never inconvenient.............

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 3:56 PM

blush

Quoting erika9009:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting erika9009:

Thanks mom...........................

My fingers have there own mind.  Ususally, I can get won to work write, but the others are loosers

4kidz916
by Gold Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 7:13 PM
8 moms liked this

They should be in utter panic mode, however, what I'm seeing is their usual arrogant defence of the mistakes they have made.  I even heard Reid saying "what difference does it make", I think Hillary said the same thing when being questioned about Benghazi.  I guess that's their new catch phrase. 

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Jun. 5, 2014 at 7:34 PM
9 moms liked this

Quoting 4kidz916:

They should be in utter panic mode, however, what I'm seeing is their usual arrogant defence of the mistakes they have made.  I even heard Reid saying "what difference does it make", I think Hillary said the same thing when being questioned about Benghazi.  I guess that's their new catch phrase. 

I agree completely. Another catch phrase....we don't leave an American behind. I'll add...accept the soldier in a Mexican jail and 4 brave Americans in Benghazi.

momof31995
by Bronze Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 8:14 PM
3 moms liked this

Seems to me the Obama supporters have become silent...Where are all their talking points on this issue?

Raintree
by Gold Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 8:55 PM

Giuliani. 

lol

Raintree
by Gold Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 8:57 PM

Quoting momof31995:

Seems to me the Obama supporters have become silent...Where are all their talking points on this issue?

What talking points? You mean the facts? 

Oh. We got the last prisoner out. We set some guys loose who would have been set loose anyway. The kid was a mental mess. At least he didn't kill civilians- as other soldiers have done. There was a breakdown of command in his unit. Things weren't right. 

Hallelujah, he's home. Hope he'll get the help he needs. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN