Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Giuliani: White House In 'Utter Panic' Over Bergdahl Fallout

Posted by   + Show Post

The White House is in "utter panic" over the fallout from the swap of five detainees at the U.S. military detention facility at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, for POW Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani said.

Administration aides have pushed back against accounts of Bergdahl's fellow service members who suggested he left his post in Afghanistan voluntarily. Giuliani said it was "disgraceful" for the White House to essentially accuse Bergdahl's fellow soldiers with lying.

"I think they are in a state of utter panic," Giuliani, a Republican, told Fox News' "America's Newsroom" on Thursday. "They are saying all these men are liars. These are men who did serve honorably. Who did put their lives at risk. Some of them are decorated. And, there's a lot of them who are saying the same thing."

Story continues below video.

The argument served to get the larger discussion about the issue "off the point," Giuliani said. While Bergdahl "should have been recovered no matter what," the question was "at what price?" the former mayor said.

"The price that we paid for Bergdahl might have been too high a price to pay, even if you were trying to save a Medal of Honor winner. We gave up five of the worst people in Guantanamo," he said.

The White House made the situation for Bergdahl worse, Giuliani said, by presenting him in the beginning as a returning war hero.

"To take a guy who left under questionable circumstances, where there are allegations of desertion, and to put his family in the White House, and to make it look like this great hero is coming back, it made it much more difficult. They're the ones who made the situation for Bergdahl much worse," he said.

by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 3:41 PM
Replies (11-20):
blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Jun. 5, 2014 at 9:46 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting Raintree:

Giuliani. 

lol

Rain, you deem your personal opinion worthy of consideration and respect but you find a man who served as Mayor of NY, faced numerous challenges in this very large city, his comments are hilarious and unworthy of consideration according to you. I sense your disrespect for Mayor Giullani's opinion is due to ideology and a disdain for conservatives. Several Dems are voicing concerns about Obama's decision to make the trade for top ranking terrorists for a soldier you may have been a deserter, possibly collaborating with the enemy. Hardly comical....

grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 5:32 AM
3 moms liked this

Who were the 'other' prisoners of the Afghanistan war, huh?????  This traitor was the only so-called prisoner of the Afghanistan war.  Now why is that?  Muslim terrorists don't keep American prisoners.  They behead them. 

I'll just bet you know Guiliani, personally, too......so you know that he's full of crap, right?

Quoting Raintree:

Quoting momof31995:

Seems to me the Obama supporters have become silent...Where are all their talking points on this issue?

What talking points? You mean the facts? 

Oh. We got the last prisoner out. We set some guys loose who would have been set loose anyway. The kid was a mental mess. At least he didn't kill civilians- as other soldiers have done. There was a breakdown of command in his unit. Things weren't right. 

Hallelujah, he's home. Hope he'll get the help he needs. 

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this

She probably spit in a bagel that she served Rudy once.

Quoting grandmab125:

Who were the 'other' prisoners of the Afghanistan war, huh?????  This traitor was the only so-called prisoner of the Afghanistan war.  Now why is that?  Muslim terrorists don't keep American prisoners.  They behead them. 

I'll just bet you know Guiliani, personally, too......so you know that he's full of crap, right?

Quoting Raintree:

Quoting momof31995:

Seems to me the Obama supporters have become silent...Where are all their talking points on this issue?

Oh. We got the last prisoner out. We set some guys loose who would have been set loose anyway. The kid was a mental mess. At least he didn't kill civilians- as other soldiers have done. There was a breakdown of command in his unit. Things weren't right. 

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 9:33 AM

Thanks for the feature Cafemom you rock

grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 9:39 AM

laughing

Quoting Billiejeens:

She probably spit in a bagel that she served Rudy once.

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting Raintree:

Quoting momof31995:

Sweet_Faith
by Gold Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:09 AM
2 moms liked this

What I highlighted in red is a fact and true, the question is why didn't they behead him?

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting Raintree:

Quoting momof31995:

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:11 AM
2 moms liked this

One doesn't be-head someone that is helping you blow up Americans.

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

What I highlighted in red is a fact and true, the question is why didn't they behead him?

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting Raintree:

Quoting momof31995:

Sweet_Faith
by Gold Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:15 AM
2 moms liked this

Exactly! He wasn't only a deserter, but a traitor too.

Quoting Billiejeens:

One doesn't be-head someone that is helping you blow up Americans.

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting Raintree:

Quoting momof31995:

1stmuslimah
by Silver Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this

They have good reason to panic.

I have all Arab, south Asian and North African channles and that is where I look to for my news and find it much more honest and creditable. The same stories are told completely different the American new sources. They (Arab channel) no matter the country of the channel always tell it the exact same way as each other too.

They are saying that there has been talk of exchanging this prisoner going back as long ago as September 2010. The Taliban most always would rather have monetary payment then anything else but USA (Obama) is planning to completely release all the prisoners before his exit of the presidency.

Before getting this American back they had already been planning on releasing the 5. Their intention on starting with the 5 is to get the back lash which they didn't expect nearly this much out of the way before releasing the rest. When this American was supposedly captured they decided to just go a head and make it a swap and present it to the American public as leaving no man behind since they were going to release them any ways they figured they would use the American as a reason.

The American has also stated his disappointment that the swap happened so fast within seconds and he didn't have a chance to shake the hand of captors and say good bye. Now nobody who is held prisoner against their will for 5 years is going to want to take time out their rescue to shake their hand and say bye lol.

They are also joking on Arabic and south Asian channels (which is out of Pakistan) about what a lousy soccer player and bad shooter he was in the beginning but how much his soccer playing and aiming in target practice with AK47 has improved.

They are also making jokes in a round about way about how he is under care of psychiatrist and how he is probably being coached by the doctors on what to say and what not to say.

I am quite sure with all this back lash that even though they (Obama administration) used him to serve their own purpose will put him through the system and hold him accountable for something now that they used him, got what they want and he is no further use they will do it to try and smooth everything over.

The penalty for desertion during war is death. I almost don't think they will take it that far and come up with some bull shit like he was fraternizing with his captors in order to save his life and that is probably what these doctors in Germany are coaching him on now.

shannonnigans
by Silver Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 6:50 PM
You realize that we had over 20,000 convictions for desertion in WWII, and only one was executed? Since then, none convicted of desertion have been executed, and prior to that, there had been none since the Civil War.

He's not doing anything to save his life, as his life is not in danger.

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

They have good reason to panic.

I have all Arab, south Asian and North African channles and that is where I look to for my news and find it much more honest and creditable. The same stories are told completely different the American new sources. They (Arab channel) no matter the country of the channel always tell it the exact same way as each other too.

They are saying that there has been talk of exchanging this prisoner going back as long ago as September 2010. The Taliban most always would rather have monetary payment then anything else but USA (Obama) is planning to completely release all the prisoners before his exit of the presidency.

Before getting this American back they had already been planning on releasing the 5. Their intention on starting with the 5 is to get the back lash which they didn't expect nearly this much out of the way before releasing the rest. When this American was supposedly captured they decided to just go a head and make it a swap and present it to the American public as leaving no man behind since they were going to release them any ways they figured they would use the American as a reason.

The American has also stated his disappointment that the swap happened so fast within seconds and he didn't have a chance to shake the hand of captors and say good bye. Now nobody who is held prisoner against their will for 5 years is going to want to take time out their rescue to shake their hand and say bye lol.

They are also joking on Arabic and south Asian channels (which is out of Pakistan) about what a lousy soccer player and bad shooter he was in the beginning but how much his soccer playing and aiming in target practice with AK47 has improved.

They are also making jokes in a round about way about how he is under care of psychiatrist and how he is probably being coached by the doctors on what to say and what not to say.

I am quite sure with all this back lash that even though they (Obama administration) used him to serve their own purpose will put him through the system and hold him accountable for something now that they used him, got what they want and he is no further use they will do it to try and smooth everything over.

The penalty for desertion during war is death. I almost don't think they will take it that far and come up with some bull shit like he was fraternizing with his captors in order to save his life and that is probably what these doctors in Germany are coaching him on now.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)