Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Giuliani: White House In 'Utter Panic' Over Bergdahl Fallout

Posted by   + Show Post

The White House is in "utter panic" over the fallout from the swap of five detainees at the U.S. military detention facility at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, for POW Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani said.

Administration aides have pushed back against accounts of Bergdahl's fellow service members who suggested he left his post in Afghanistan voluntarily. Giuliani said it was "disgraceful" for the White House to essentially accuse Bergdahl's fellow soldiers with lying.

"I think they are in a state of utter panic," Giuliani, a Republican, told Fox News' "America's Newsroom" on Thursday. "They are saying all these men are liars. These are men who did serve honorably. Who did put their lives at risk. Some of them are decorated. And, there's a lot of them who are saying the same thing."

Story continues below video.

The argument served to get the larger discussion about the issue "off the point," Giuliani said. While Bergdahl "should have been recovered no matter what," the question was "at what price?" the former mayor said.

"The price that we paid for Bergdahl might have been too high a price to pay, even if you were trying to save a Medal of Honor winner. We gave up five of the worst people in Guantanamo," he said.

The White House made the situation for Bergdahl worse, Giuliani said, by presenting him in the beginning as a returning war hero.

"To take a guy who left under questionable circumstances, where there are allegations of desertion, and to put his family in the White House, and to make it look like this great hero is coming back, it made it much more difficult. They're the ones who made the situation for Bergdahl much worse," he said.

by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 3:41 PM
Replies (31-37):
Raintree
by Gold Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 12:28 AM
1 mom liked this
How'd you feel about Reagan?

Quoting Abaco: I agree....when it all comes out they'll all be made out to be the losers. Unfortunately we'll all have to pay a high price.
I'm praying that God continues to move His hand and expose the whole bunch of liars and the real terrorists.
1stmuslimah
by Gold Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 2:34 AM

I forgot to mention in my previous reply. There are 2 Afghani boys, now teens. They are telling about when they saw the American defect he was alone in the night, appeared to be unarmed and with no uniform or protective gear. They watched him crawling on the ground through the tall weeds and grass. They said they were from a neighboring village of the military compound he left and when the soldiers were hunting for him right after discovering he was gone the village was the first place they went to ask if anyone seen anything. The boys said they did tell them about what they saw and they also said what was strange to them was seeing an American all alone that the American soldiers were never seen alone and they mentioned that to the inquiring troops who were asking.

It was confirmed that this conversation did take place by an American soldier. If I am not mistaken I think he said he was Bergdahls room mate and that just as the boys said he was unarmed , not in uniform or any protective gear that all these things including his weapon were neatly folded and left on his bed.

MomTiara19
by Silver Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 7:52 AM

Critics will have to get over it.Presidents have to make hard calls sometimes.Being a leader is not a popularity contest.You do what you have to to get an American soldier home.

In America we leave no man behind and innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.Even republicans know this.

We do not leave an American behind and guilty because of republican drama on Fox news,and because of hear say.

We bring our men and women home.We deal with consequences on our soil.

Abaco
by on Jun. 7, 2014 at 8:47 AM
2 moms liked this
I was in HS when Reagan was President and really wasn't politically active. However I know many besides my Dad loved him.

Quoting Raintree: How'd you feel about Reagan?

Quoting Abaco: I agree....when it all comes out they'll all be made out to be the losers. Unfortunately we'll all have to pay a high price.
I'm praying that God continues to move His hand and expose the whole bunch of liars and the real terrorists.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
autodidact
by Silver Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 10:35 PM

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/features/general-article/reagan-iran/

Quoting Abaco: I was in HS when Reagan was President and really wasn't politically active. However I know many besides my Dad loved him.
Quoting Abaco: I agree....when it all comes out they'll all be made out to be the losers. Unfortunately we'll all have to pay a high price. I'm praying that God continues to move His hand and expose the whole bunch of liars and the real terrorists.

Autodidact, Unrepentant Heathen

shannonnigans
by Silver Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 10:37 PM

Well if Dad loved him.....

Quoting Abaco: I was in HS when Reagan was President and really wasn't politically active. However I know many besides my Dad loved him.
Quoting Abaco: I agree....when it all comes out they'll all be made out to be the losers. Unfortunately we'll all have to pay a high price. I'm praying that God continues to move His hand and expose the whole bunch of liars and the real terrorists.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting shannonnigans:

Well if Dad loved him.....

She wrote "many besides my dad", Comrade.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN