Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Tea Party Hopeful: Death to Gay People

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 12:41 PM
  • 18 Replies

Tea Party Hopeful: Death to Gay People

Bible based genocide. (Or God will be very, very angry..) 

http://firebrandprogressives.org/oklahoma-tea-party-candidate-calls-for-homosexuals-to-be-stoned-to-death/ 

Meet Scott Esk, Tea Party candidate for Oklahoma State House District 91. Esk, on his political website, believes that our rights come from God, and not from government, and is a big proponent of state rights. And he offers the usual Tea Party platform, being 100% pro-gun, pro-family, pro-life and low taxes. 

Esk first claims that Leviticus 20:13 gives people the right to judge others, and goes on to claim that it is man’s role to put others to death for homosexuality. Then he goes on to claim that if we don’t start killing homosexuals that God may send a series of “calamities” 

And then it gets worse...
by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shannonnigans
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 12:45 PM
2 moms liked this
I think this might be a particular poster here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erika9009
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 12:48 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh goodie, here we go.  Someone needs to inform this "man" that we are not in Iran.

Pema_Jampa
by 2HotTacoTini on Jun. 11, 2014 at 12:55 PM

OK GOP candidate: Let cities decide whether gays should be stoned to death

By Travis Gettys
Wednesday, June 11, 2014 12:31 EDT

Scott Esk

A magazine editor in Oklahoma was putting together candidate information for a feature when a friend alerted him to online comments posted last year by a candidate for state representative.

“This guy posted on Facebook that homosexuals should be stoned to death,” said Rob Morris, who published the Moore Monthly and MooreDaily.com. “My first response was, ‘You’re nuts, nobody would be stupid enough to do that.’”

But Scott Esk, a Tea Party Republican and John Birch Society member, did exactly that – repeatedly.

The GOP candidate responded to a post on Pope Francis saying “who am I to judge?” on homosexuality by posting numerous Old Testament quotations prescribing capital punishment for LGBT people.

Another commenter asked, “So just to be clear, you think we should execute homosexuals (presumably by stoning)?”

“I think we would be totally in the right to do it,” Esk said. “That goes against some parts of libertarianism, I realize, and I’m largely libertarian, but ignoring as a nation things that are worthy of death is very remiss.”

Esk, who boasted of his “computer skills” and “good physical shape” to other Ron Paul supporters, said he became active in politics because he was tired of “collectivists stealing our freedoms constantly!!!”

“I believe that rights come from God – not from government – and that it should be limited, its taxes and spending should be low, its regulations few, and its protection of our liberties constant,” said Eck, who also calls for jury trials in divorce cases.

Esk told other Facebook commenters that, “if it helps any,” he believed such laws should be instituted locally, and not at the federal level.

“I would hope that libertarians who don’t think perversion should be punished in any way between consenting adults would be open-minded and look at the different results between a state that ignores it and (one) that punishes it severely,” he said. “And within a state, cities and communities may well have different policies, and I cheer that. That way, people can decide for themselves whether they want to live in a particular community based in part on how things like this are dealt with.”

Morris called Esk to ask him about his comments.

“What I will tell you right now is that was done in the Old Testament under a law that came directly from God, and in that time, it was totally just — it came directly from God,” Esk said. “I have no plans to, you know, reinstitute that in Oklahoma law. I do have some very huge moral misgivings about those kinds of sins.”

Morris said he’d never met anyone in Oklahoma who held such extreme views.

“Even people that don’t agree with things like gay marriage, they — nobody wants the death penalty for gays,” Morris said. “I mean, that’s the most asinine thing.”

Raintree
by Gold Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 4:19 PM

What is in the water?

mikiemom
by Gold Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 7:24 PM

well I sure as hell hope this douche doesn't wear polyester or eat bacon or have a tattoo because well .....

idunno1234
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this

It always seems to me that the most vehement gay haters have an inward fear/inkling of being bent a certain way themselves.

SpiritedWitch
by Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Where do these people come from?? Are they dropped on their head repeatedly as babies?

shannonnigans
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 8:26 PM

LOL OMG I didn't catch the avatar until just now!  That is too funny, and too cool!!!!!   :)

Quoting Raintree:

What is in the water?

Raintree
by Gold Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 8:51 PM

Quoting shannonnigans:

LOL OMG I didn't catch the avatar until just now!  That is too funny, and too cool!!!!!   :)

Quoting Raintree:

What is in the water?

Haha

Ms.KitKat
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:09 AM

Please for the love of all things holy- STOP THE STUPIDITY!!!!!!!!

It just amazes me that these people can actually function in this world with such warped notions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN