Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Brookings Survey: The Most Trusted Name in Television News Is . . . Fox News!

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 11:49 PM
  • 28 Replies

Media analysts frequently describe Fox News Channel and MSNBC as mirror images of each other, one a conservative news channel and the other a liberal one. A Pew study contended the comparison wasn’t quite accurate, as commentary and opinion made up 85 percent of the programming on MSNBC, and only 55 percent on Fox News.

This new report on views on immigration from Brookings and the Public Religion Research Institute includes some fascinating figures on trust in particular media institutions:

MSNBC is “trusted to provide accurate information about politics and current events” by only 5 percent of respondents, while 25 percent feel the same about Fox News. CNN is in the middle at 17 percent. Obviously, Republicans and conservatives trust Fox News the most, and Democrats and liberals trust it the least. But what’s kind of fascinating is that only 10 percent of Democrats and only 10 percent of self-identified liberals trust MSNBC.

Self-described independents trust Fox News more than any other network, but self-described moderates trust it less than broadcast news, CNN, and public television.

by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1stmuslimah
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I can't trust them. I watch and listen to them and many of their shows I do enjoy but I never put any trust in anything I hear from them. The reason being is I hear them tell constant lies about us, Muslims and Iraqis. I know these things are lies because I am one they are lying about. I figure if they lie like that about us then I can't trust that anything else they say is true.

I also got sick of always see them have a guest especially Hannity and they don't allow the guest to talk. As soon as the guest open his mouth to speak they start screaming over him to shut him up and then they go to commercial. I don't understand why they bother to have the guest in the first place if he can't speak.

I prefer to watch them over some liberal minded bull shit but I just always keep in mind that I can't trust what they say to be true.

And for the liberals who want to see this a point for them I trust MSNBC even less.

-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:17 AM
2 moms liked this

Yea they are trusted alright, to slant, twist and phuck up news totally..

grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:52 AM
4 moms liked this

Nothing new on this front.  You are so predictable.

Quoting -Celestial-:

1stmuslimah
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:54 AM

Quoting -Celestial-:

All western media outlets are not trust worthy and do not tell the truth. I think Deocracy Now which is not dependant of profit and not accountablr to anyone is the only one trust worthy that you can find on western channels but you can not watch them 24 hours and not everywhere has their channel.

I notice it more on FOX because I watch it more than the others. If I want news I can trust to hear the truth I watch from over seas.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:23 AM

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

Quoting -Celestial-:

All western media outlets are not trust worthy and do not tell the truth. I think Deocracy Now which is not dependant of profit and not accountablr to anyone is the only one trust worthy that you can find on western channels but you can not watch them 24 hours and not everywhere has their channel.

I notice it more on FOX because I watch it more than the others. If I want news I can trust to hear the truth I watch from over seas.

I get Al Jazerra (sp) on my system - what are your feelings about them?

1stmuslimah
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:37 PM

They are good but you have to be careful with them too. I think they don't have it any more because they weren't willing to be censored as much "they" whoever "they" are wanted to censor them in USA but they had what was called Al-zjazeera English I think or maybe Al-jazeera America and it used to be good a long time ago then "they" got after them and they turned into another BBC. That still was not good enough for "them" and either they pulled the plug on the plug on them or Al-jazeera decided not not do it at all. I don't know the facts that lead to them doing away with it other than it was a big fight about censorship.

The Aljazeera stations that are based in USA or Canada are completeky different than what Al-jazeera in other parts of the world is.

We have satellite boxes that just about every non American house hold in Michigan has that are specifically only for Arab and NW African some SAssian channels. We watch many different channels from all over. The funny thing is,if you listen to from Qatar, Egypt, Lebanon, etc they all report the story the same. If you listen to that same story on FOX, CNN, MSNBC, BBC etc. you will not only hear a completely different story but you will only hear half truths of the little they do say.

People always accuse other countries of censorship but if you know other languages besides English and have the channels to compare you will see who is censored.

When one stands alone and tells completely different story compared to 5 or 6 different sources of different regions who say the same then it is obvious.

I don't know the names of the departments who regulate what that is why I say "them". The only thing I do know is some of it has to do with A.I.P.A.C. if you know for sure what exactly A.I.P.A.C. is, it does make sense.

A.I.P.A.C. is thousands of smaller organizations not necessarily Jewish but they all together fall under the big mother organization of A.I.P.A.C. No polition in the USA stands a chance with out the backing and support of A.I.P.A.C. which is why poor old Ron Paul can't never make it.

A.I.P.A.C.'s #1 mission to make sure that everything that happens in USA right down to the passing of new laws one way or the other works for the good of israle. they are probably the most power organization in USA. Allot it (may be all) has to do with them and of course their are "them" lol and I don't know who "them" are.

Other countries are not held accountable to A.I.P.A.C. or "them" so they can say what they want and don't have to worry about saying the truth with will come with serious consequence's.

Then there is also the smaller issues like like catering to the viewers and sponsors without either one they can not operate. They have to tell the people what they want to hear and same with their sponsor's. If they said the truth on just about every issue I can think of the American people would reject it and not want to hear it. They much rather believe a bunch of watered down or distorted facts with half's truths because honestly the truth is very scary

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

Quoting -Celestial-:

I get Al Jazerra (sp) on my system - what are your feelings about them?

autodidact
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this

so the question then is, is "trusted" a desireable trait for news to have?   trustworthy, yes, but trusted? 

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

Quoting -Celestial-:

Raintree
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:58 PM
2 moms liked this

Haha.. I do not think this tells you what you think it does.

My first thought: People still pay for cable?

1stmuslimah
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting autodidact:

so the question then is, is "trusted" a desireable trait for news to have?   trustworthy, yes, but trusted? 

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

Quoting -Celestial-:

For me it is if I am seeking to listen to something I can trust is the truth being told. If I am just watching or as i often (spl?) to do lay in bed and just listen sometimes I want to hear English to have some change. Listen but I keep in mind I am only listening for something to do and can't put credit into it.

Sometimes something they will say are something that sounds believable and not being an Obama supporter when FOX for example starts to bash him I like to hear it but I have to stop myself and consider because I know the lies they tell about us maybe these are lies too and not be so quick to take it as gospel.

I f I was not a Muslim, an Arab particularly an Iraqi and didn't know the real truth about us to know their lies then I might be sucked in by in by them too. I have to consider they are not just going to lie about Arabs and Muslims. If they will do it to us then how can I not know they are doing it about others.

I explain in little more depth to bilijean above about then censorship and the comparison of western media outlets to others across the world if you are interested in a more detailed replied other than me just my comparing the lie the about us.

mjmorrison
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 4:32 PM

17% of liberals trust the daily show on the comedy network. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)