Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

US aircraft carrier ordered to gulf un case Obama decides they need it

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 3:19 PM
  • 18 Replies

Pentagon orders aircraft carrier to Gulf in case Iraq military option needed

In this image provided by the U.S. Navy, sailors of the aircraft carrier USS George H.W. Bush assemble in formation on the flight deck in honor of the ship's namesake's 90th birthday on June 12, 2014.

WASHINGTON, June 14 (Reuters) - U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel ordered an aircraft carrier moved into the Gulf on Saturday, readying it in case Washington decides to pursue a military option after insurgents overwhelmed a string of Iraqi cities this week and threatened Baghdad.

"The order will provide the Commander-in-Chief additional flexibility should military options be required to protect American lives, citizens and interests in Iraq," the Pentagon said in a statement.

The carrier USS George H.W. Bush, moving from the North Arabian Sea, will be accompanied by the guided-missile cruiser USS Philippine Sea and the guided-missile destroyer USS Truxtun, the statement said. It added the ships were expected to complete their transit into the Gulf later on Saturday.

President Barack Obama said on Friday he needed several days to determine how the United States would help Iraq deal with the insurgency. But he ruled out sending U.S. troops back into combat and said any intervention would be contingent on Iraqi leaders becoming more involved.

The Pentagon is preparing a range of options for Obama, including air strikes. Such actions would be aimed at helping Iraq counter militants of the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant, or ISIL.

The USS George H.W. Bush is a Nimitz-class aircraft carrier, the largest warships in the world, according to the U.S. Navy. The ships are powered by two nuclear reactors and can carry a crew of about 6,000 people.

(Reporting by Missy Ryan; Editing by Eric Beech and Frances Kerry)

by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ReadWriteLuv
by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 3:24 PM
2 moms liked this
There is always at least one carrier battle group in the Persian Gulf, 365 days a year.
1stmuslimah
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 4:57 PM

Yes so they can sent a few nothing ass air strikes to kill people hiding in their village and be on stand by for IF the Irani National Guard who is going to defend their people... Shiah that USA put in power and now USA and Iran can fight the same war against the same enemy as ally's.

That makes so much more sense.

All because they had to destabilize a system and take out the only leader who could control them just to be in defiance because of their own dislike.

jobseeker
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:38 PM

I don't have an opinion on this issue.  I am trying to understand.  So US forces were there [supposedly] to stabalize the region, then they left and 2 Muslim groups began to disagree, I don't understand why.  Is one MORE muslim than the other?  Is ths something akin to the schism in Christianity in the 16th century?  Should other countries be a part of making peace in the region? Should the rest of the world let them duke it out to the end? 

I don't understand any of this......

1stmuslimah
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 4:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I will try my best to explain it too you but it is not for me to explain in English and word it accurately but I will try so please be patient and if you don't understand me you can ask again or Stacy she can explain well .

Islam is not jus a religion. It is also a political system. In USA everything is one or the other it is either religious or it is political but not both. Islam is not like that.

Everything started after the death of the Prophet Mohammed in 620 and we still politically fight about it all these centuries since then just like it happened last night so I have to explain from the beginning.

There are very, very, few sects in Islam. The majority, Sunni which is original Islam as it came straight from the teachings of the Prophet Mohammed and in 1500 years not a single thing has changed. Shaih are the second majority under us Sunni.

All other sects except for Ahemdyyah which completely contradicts Islam all fall under either Sunni or Shiah in one way or the other.

After the death od the Prophet Mohammed his closest companion Abu Bakr whom he had named and the Muslims voted on to lead the Muslim community. A small group did not agree they thought the power should stay in the bloodline and go to Ali the prophets son in law and cousin Because of this the small group left us. When I say leader after Prophet Mohammed does not just mean religious leader. Islam is also a way of life style, a set of laws, and a political system.

After this Sunnis and Shiah for all these centuries have been at war fighting for control of countries, villages, etc.

Saddam was a Sunni and his right hand man Tariq Aziz was a Chaldean (Catholic Iraqi). Azizis the one you see on TV during trial in the cage withSaddam he wears red and white checker head piece and they execute him too with Saddam. He was Saddam Foreign Minister, Prime Minister, and closet adviser. Us Sunni people were the majority of the Iraqi population.

Then there are the  more radical Shiah the small group. They were mostly south of Baghdad toward Iraq which is country next to Iraq. The Muslims like you see from Iran they are Shaiah. They always want Iraq to be just like Iran. Always they are trying to organize and build power to try an make an up rise.They are of the same school of thought as those in Iran

Saddam is the only one he can control them. He was very hard on them to keep them making from so much trouble, keep Iraq secular and keep Sunni majority and Chaldean safe. Some who are nice family and does not make trouble Saddam left alone. Most family have some trouble makers though. Saddam would just throw them in prison throw them food and water and maybe they are there 10, 20 years.

They showed on TV when USA released them. You can see there are thousands. No shower, no hair cut, no thing but this is Iraq this is the way prison is. If you don't like it don't make trouble and break the law.

The minute USA destabilized Iraqi government, captured Saddam and Azaiz it was all over. Now the Shiah can run like wild radical animals. Not just that but only to defy the system and to destabilize the country the USA set them up with jack ass Shiah president, police, and military before they left. Now no Sunnis or Chaldean Christian are safe any more. It also open the door for AlQueida. AlQueida is the name of there organization but they are Sunni so now they want to put Shiah out of power and take power for them self.

Anyone Sunni or Chaldean who is hiding in their homes from the shiah. But even in their home, schools, job they are not safe because they are in the middle of the fighting between AlQueida and Shiah and any time your home can be hit by accident and blown up and they are also caught in the middle of the cross fire.

I can be very honest about this and speak from fact. We, my family is Sunni. My husband is Shiah. My husband was called to fight in Iraq/Iran war in the 80's. He paid people to mutilate his body several different times so he does not have to fight for his country and fight against what he considers his people, the Irani. Finally after both of his arms, his hands, breaking his head they there is nothing left to mutilate so he had to go to the front line.He was very angry and it was very hard for him to defend his own country and fight the Irani who are same shit as him. Especially when Ronald Reagan gave mustard gas to use on Irani it almost killed him emotionally.

Then Dessert storm came and he was called to fight again. This time himself and hundreds of other Shiah organized and decided instead of staying fighting to help Saddam they will surrender to USA. They called them self surrender's we call them what they are, traitor. They were taken to safety in Saudi refugee camp where they stayed 2 years until the UN came and placed them in other country's and that is how he came to USA as refugee.

Still when I am angry with him I call him a traitor. He can't answer me because he knows it is true and he can not deny it. I back tracked and included my personal story about my husband just so you know I know from all sides personally.

In USA my husband is not radical but in Iraq he is. Even when his friends come as guest they sit and obsess over You Tube video of Saddam and they start to get so loud and talking so crazy. I know him and I know his people.

Now USA is enemy with Iran since 1979 when they over throw Shan Riva Mohammed Pavolavi and bring back the  Ayatollah and become the Islamic Republic. Even though this is USA worse enemy they empower them in Iraq and make 2 Iran lol. Now the Irani National Guard is preparing to go in Iraq to fight Al Queida and defend their people the  shiah.

USA is had air craft carrier on the way to send their stupid good for nothing air strikes to try to hit Al-Quieda and the ones who will be hit are the civilians hiding in their village.

Now USA and Iran fight the same enemy and defend the same people They can't handle one Iran and already do not know how to deal with them but they empowered the country next door with the same people to be another Iran now they will help Iran defend them lol

Where is the logic ?

There is no logic. The only reason USA did this from the beginning was because of personal vendetta against Saddam and since Saddam is Sunny just to be in defiance they disable us all. Now it will bite them in the ass.

In five years they will be trying to turn it back to Sunni but it will too late because by then Iran will have empowered them and there will no way they stand against the 2 country together especially if Iran will have nukes in which I hope they will. USA created this just to be nasty now let them pay the consequence.

My dad bought for us a beautiful house in the middle of paradise. He paid $10,000.00 for it now it is worth $750,000.00 and it is standing in ruins. probably it will blown up and we never get to live in it.

I have decided today since my husband is not here any more I will talk to my brother who is in charge this week and ask him if I can maybe go to my sister in Germany. I do not like Germany, I do not like the climate, it is too expensive to live. I wanted to go to Iraq I need the hot climate for my health I would not have to worry about work, medical care, nothing but now USA has made that impossible. I do not think I can stay in USA now. If my brother will allow it I start to make preparations to go to Germany right away. I don't even want to give them my taxes to support their wickedness.

Sorry this turned into a rant but I am very disturbed right now.

Quoting jobseeker:

I don't have an opinion on this issue.  I am trying to understand.  So US forces were there [supposedly] to stabalize the region, then they left and 2 Muslim groups began to disagree, I don't understand why.  Is one MORE muslim than the other?  Is ths something akin to the schism in Christianity in the 16th century?  Should other countries be a part of making peace in the region? Should the rest of the world let them duke it out to the end? 

jobseeker
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Thank you, I am glad I gave you an opportunity to get some release. 

I still am not sure where I stand on this issue.  I lean toward just stying home and out of it and let the people solve thier own problem.

Maybe I am being naive, and I know that we aren't a perfect society.  But in my town we have a 'church road'.  That is the name of the road, CHURCH.  On that road there are 4 churches of different denominations.  So when I grew up in a town where we hear constant talk between political parties, and see people of different religions living and working together, I cannot imagine living where someone may want to harm my family because we are not the same.

so sad----  so sorry---

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

I will try my best to explain it too you but it is not for me to explain in English and word it accurately but I will try so please be patient and if you don't understand me you can ask again or Stacy she can explain well .

Islam is not jus a religion. It is also a political system. In USA everything is one or the other it is either religious or it is political but not both. Islam is not like that.

Everything started after the death of the Prophet Mohammed in 620 and we still politically fight about it all these centuries since then just like it happened last night so I have to explain from the beginning.

There are very, very, few sects in Islam. The majority, Sunni which is original Islam as it came straight from the teachings of the Prophet Mohammed and in 1500 years not a single thing has changed. Shaih are the second majority under us Sunni.

All other sects except for Ahemdyyah which completely contradicts Islam all fall under either Sunni or Shiah in one way or the other.

After the death od the Prophet Mohammed his closest companion Abu Bakr whom he had named and the Muslims voted on to lead the Muslim community. A small group did not agree they thought the power should stay in the bloodline and go to Ali the prophets son in law and cousin Because of this the small group left us. When I say leader after Prophet Mohammed does not just mean religious leader. Islam is also a way of life style, a set of laws, and a political system.

After this Sunnis and Shiah for all these centuries have been at war fighting for control of countries, villages, etc.

Saddam was a Sunni and his right hand man Tariq Aziz was a Chaldean (Catholic Iraqi). Azizis the one you see on TV during trial in the cage withSaddam he wears red and white checker head piece and they execute him too with Saddam. He was Saddam Foreign Minister, Prime Minister, and closet adviser. Us Sunni people were the majority of the Iraqi population.

Then there are the  more radical Shiah the small group. They were mostly south of Baghdad toward Iraq which is country next to Iraq. The Muslims like you see from Iran they are Shaiah. They always want Iraq to be just like Iran. Always they are trying to organize and build power to try an make an up rise.They are of the same school of thought as those in Iran

Saddam is the only one he can control them. He was very hard on them to keep them making from so much trouble, keep Iraq secular and keep Sunni majority and Chaldean safe. Some who are nice family and does not make trouble Saddam left alone. Most family have some trouble makers though. Saddam would just throw them in prison throw them food and water and maybe they are there 10, 20 years.

They showed on TV when USA released them. You can see there are thousands. No shower, no hair cut, no thing but this is Iraq this is the way prison is. If you don't like it don't make trouble and break the law.

The minute USA destabilized Iraqi government, captured Saddam and Azaiz it was all over. Now the Shiah can run like wild radical animals. Not just that but only to defy the system and to destabilize the country the USA set them up with jack ass Shiah president, police, and military before they left. Now no Sunnis or Chaldean Christian are safe any more. It also open the door for AlQueida. AlQueida is the name of there organization but they are Sunni so now they want to put Shiah out of power and take power for them self.

Anyone Sunni or Chaldean who is hiding in their homes from the shiah. But even in their home, schools, job they are not safe because they are in the middle of the fighting between AlQueida and Shiah and any time your home can be hit by accident and blown up and they are also caught in the middle of the cross fire.

I can be very honest about this and speak from fact. We, my family is Sunni. My husband is Shiah. My husband was called to fight in Iraq/Iran war in the 80's. He paid people to mutilate his body several different times so he does not have to fight for his country and fight against what he considers his people, the Irani. Finally after both of his arms, his hands, breaking his head they there is nothing left to mutilate so he had to go to the front line.He was very angry and it was very hard for him to defend his own country and fight the Irani who are same shit as him. Especially when Ronald Reagan gave mustard gas to use on Irani it almost killed him emotionally.

Then Dessert storm came and he was called to fight again. This time himself and hundreds of other Shiah organized and decided instead of staying fighting to help Saddam they will surrender to USA. They called them self surrender's we call them what they are, traitor. They were taken to safety in Saudi refugee camp where they stayed 2 years until the UN came and placed them in other country's and that is how he came to USA as refugee.

Still when I am angry with him I call him a traitor. He can't answer me because he knows it is true and he can not deny it. I back tracked and included my personal story about my husband just so you know I know from all sides personally.

In USA my husband is not radical but in Iraq he is. Even when his friends come as guest they sit and obsess over You Tube video of Saddam and they start to get so loud and talking so crazy. I know him and I know his people.

Now USA is enemy with Iran since 1979 when they over throw Shan Riva Mohammed Pavolavi and bring back the  Ayatollah and become the Islamic Republic. Even though this is USA worse enemy they empower them in Iraq and make 2 Iran lol. Now the Irani National Guard is preparing to go in Iraq to fight Al Queida and defend their people the  shiah.

USA is had air craft carrier on the way to send their stupid good for nothing air strikes to try to hit Al-Quieda and the ones who will be hit are the civilians hiding in their village.

Now USA and Iran fight the same enemy and defend the same people They can't handle one Iran and already do not know how to deal with them but they empowered the country next door with the same people to be another Iran now they will help Iran defend them lol

Where is the logic ?

There is no logic. The only reason USA did this from the beginning was because of personal vendetta against Saddam and since Saddam is Sunny just to be in defiance they disable us all. Now it will bite them in the ass.

In five years they will be trying to turn it back to Sunni but it will too late because by then Iran will have empowered them and there will no way they stand against the 2 country together especially if Iran will have nukes in which I hope they will. USA created this just to be nasty now let them pay the consequence.

My dad bought for us a beautiful house in the middle of paradise. He paid $10,000.00 for it now it is worth $750,000.00 and it is standing in ruins. probably it will blown up and we never get to live in it.

I have decided today since my husband is not here any more I will talk to my brother who is in charge this week and ask him if I can maybe go to my sister in Germany. I do not like Germany, I do not like the climate, it is too expensive to live. I wanted to go to Iraq I need the hot climate for my health I would not have to worry about work, medical care, nothing but now USA has made that impossible. I do not think I can stay in USA now. If my brother will allow it I start to make preparations to go to Germany right away. I don't even want to give them my taxes to support their wickedness.

Quoting jobseeker:

1stmuslimah
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 11:51 AM

lol I am just really disgusted. Now I have entered my 40's and being stuck here is America or in Europe was not what I had planned for my old age especially the climates and now I can not work so I need to depend on my family after my money is finished and have medical care. My younger brother came back last summer and said you can go now it is too dangerous. He had been calling every day almost the 2 months he was stuck for what supposed to be 3 weeks because he was bored. He could not go out and do anything except when he went for his wedding night.

Then I got really disgusted a couple months ago and I told my older brother who in charge please let me go I can not stay here and he said no he will not let me go back wait a couple years to see what will happen. Now I see what will happen. In  a couple years America will be right back there trying to undo the 2nd Iran they created. Mind you Iran has never inveaded, attacked, or wage war on not one country ever but that is not the point. I do not want to live like them, I am not them. I want it like it like it was last time I was there in 2000.

So they will have decided what they created for them self another enemy and after fighting side by side with them to keep it them after spending 10 years creating it for no other reason than to just spit our face they will have to try to go back reverse it

I swear I believe the whole point in the first place was to fuck everything up so they can keep having somewhere to go back and forth and make more war. A 10 year child could have foreseen what they are doing. If they had stayed out of there in the very first place and never would have gone and minded there own business everything would be fine.

They were pissy because when Ronald Reagan was president and Iran went to war with Iraq. Reagan gave Saddam a bunch of mustard gas to use on the Irani people because he was pissy at Iran because the Irani people, not their government but the PEOPLE I mind you decided they did not want the Shaw Riza Mohammad Palolavi there. That was their king and he was friends with USA and he was selling the country out allowing USA to nationalize their oil industry. While he got rich and everyonene who worked with him got rich the poor got poorer, the middle class got poor, anyone who said or did anything against the regime ended up dead or in prison.

So the people up rised. That was when they took the 444 hostages. Again that was not the government that was the people. Students from the University stormed the embassy and took all those people hostage because they were pissed and disgusted and sick of starving while shaw and USA got rich on their oil. They got Shaw Pavolavi out sent him into exile and then when he had no where to go since he had nothing to offer now USA told told him he can't have refuge in their country lol. Even on his death bed dying for cancer he fought to come to Hopkins hospital or maybe it was Mayo Clinic for his treatment and after his 6 weeks USA told him get out. His doctors fought for him and said he could not be moved. USA gave him 2 more weeks then he had to leave and the only one who would take him was Anwar Saddat of Egypt . By the time he got there and they tried to finish his surgery it was too late he died soon after

So the Irani, the Shiah that USA gave Iraq country too brought back the Ayatollah from hiding in his exile in France and they set the Islamic Republic. USA does not leave them alone either. They chose this, and people made Islamic Republic of Iran because that is the life they want to live and they have never invaded, attacked, or occupied another country but USA has to fuck with them all the time just for something to do.

When Iraq attacked them and went to war Reagan gave Saddam the mustard gas and told him use it  to kill off the Iranis. Saddam used a portion on them but just enough to win the war. Later on he used the rest in the norther mountain towards Turkey on the Kurds. Most were not in agreement with that and though it was littler too extreme because women, children, and the elderly were killed. Nobody likes the Kurds though because they make allot of trouble too but they are small and do not have a military or any resource other than any other people trying to organize and become terrorist. Saddam never gave anyone a chance to organize and become terrorist and that is what kept us safe.

They were always trying to get big and strong enough to come out of the mountain and organize and wished to up rise. They did allot crimes, steel, rape women if they see here in the street. They are like barbaric. Now they can't come south toward Baghdad so they are going other direction and they making allot trouble for Turkey and making allot of terrorist attacks. They are small scale terror attacks but it is often and it's enough to kill an average size building full of people. That is Turkey's problem now though.

Any ways Saddam use the rest of gas on them in the norther mountains. Nobody in the rest of the world even knew until years later when they found the graves. Now USA knows how much gas they Saddam and they know he didn't use all on Iranis so they think he has it hiding. They don't know it is finished. USA decided they wanted their mustard gas back lol so they start asking Saddam where is it ? Saddam like all Arabs is very stubborn and was not give them satisfaction of knowing it was gone so he just tell USA it is none of their business they should not give it to him in the first place if they want to know where is it.

So Clinton keeps sending UN to search sometimes Saddam lets them in most of the time he does not. Then they start air strike sometime if they are not allowed in to search they start sanctions and they don't like that the sanction does not effect us and we don't need to depend on them. It goes on and on then George Bush came. Then the war came. They tore the country upside down and they don't find any mustard gas after Dick Cheney said he knows for sure where it is. They think now it is buried in the mountains then they find Kurdish graves and they have their answer, there is the Mustard Gas. Leave now, get out right ? No they don't leave.

They had to make sure they capture Saddam and Tariq Aziz and disable the political system, fuck up the economy, destroy all villages plus Baghdad Ok leave now, right ? Nope not good enough because at that point maybe we could put our country back together and make life normal again.

They have to stay another 7 years and make very sure before they leave that they put a Shiah president, allow him to set up a Shiah cabinet, teach a Shiah police and military and then after that they leave. They leave us with an Iran. Now the Shiah make everything radical, start to kill Sunni. Then Al Queida has to come and try to take power from Shaih. Already the people are in danger because USA put the Shiah in power and armed them now everyone has to be scared they will be caught in the cross fire of between Al-Queida and Shiah fighting each other.

Then ISIS forms which is some do not like the leader of Al Queida so a top fighter named Baghdadi uprised and took about a 3rd of Al-Queida members with him  and made two sides now both sides are competing who can recruitt the most fighters and be the bigger organization and both sides are competingwith each other to kill off the Shiah and destabilize them to turn Iraq back Sunni. not just Sunni though like extreme police state. We don't want that either. We want to be Sunni country like before but we want our secularism back. We want our freedom and our good economy back, we want to be like we before when we had Saddam.

So now Irani for the first time ever is going to invade another counter is gearing up the Irani National Guard to go in help the Shiah fight against Al-Queida and IsIs and USA is sending air craft carrier and already said the will air strike Al Queida and ISIS from the sea and try to weaken them for Iran(their enemy right ?) Plus they say they don't think so they want to put "boots on ground" but they don't know for sure.

Irani is a very tough military. They are very large because their soldiers are as young as 14 years old so there are so many of them and they are very tough people who are not afraid to die but Al Qurida plus with ISIS too will not be easy for them. So probably eventually USA will decide to go in and fight side by side with their enemy, Irani. After the terrorist are defeated then Irani will take Iraq and build them a good military like they have.

Then watch andsee in 4 or 5 years USA is going say "oh no" now we need to go distabilize Irani and keep them from building Iraq with Irani military because they are enemy and already they are scared of nukes because USA thinks only they should be allowed to defend them self and if other countries have nukes too they wont be scared and USA can't bully them so then they will have to go back and start over.

If it was not so stupid I would laugh and if this did not effect mine and my personal life and I am going to lose my inheritance. All USA has to do is mind their business, leave other people alone, let them have their life the way they want it and they will find then they don't have to worry about terrorist acking them. If they keep fucking with people, give them weapons then make war to take back weapons, build them a military then make war to tear down the military and go on and on then they will have to keep worry about terrorist attack because that is why whole world hates them.

So this is the story from the beginning to end. If I sound angry I am sorry but I am very angry and I am disgusted.

Quoting jobseeker:

Thank you, I am glad I gave you an opportunity to get some release. 

I still am not sure where I stand on this issue.  I lean toward just stying home and out of it and let the people solve thier own problem.

Maybe I am being naive, and I know that we aren't a perfect society.  But in my town we have a 'church road'.  That is the name of the road, CHURCH.  On that road there are 4 churches of different denominations.  So when I grew up in a town where we hear constant talk between political parties, and see people of different religions living and working together, I cannot imagine living where someone may want to harm my family because we are not the same.

so sad----  so sorry---

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

Islam is not jusa religion. It is also a political system. In USA everything is one or the other it is either religious or it is political but not both. Islam is not like that.

There are very, very, few sects in Islam. The majority, Sunni which is original Islam as it came straight from the teachings of the Prophet Mohammed and in 1500 years not a single thing has changed. Shaihare the second majority under us Sunni.

Saddam was a Sunni and his right hand man Tariq Aziz was a Chaldean (Catholic Iraqi). Azizis the one you see on TV during trial in the cage withSaddam he wears red and white checker head piece andthey execute him too with Saddam. He was Saddam Foreign Minister, Prime Minister, and closet adviser. Us Sunni people were the majority of the Iraqi population.

The minute USA destabilized Iraqi government, captured Saddam and Azaiz it was all over. Now the Shiah can run like wild radical animals. Not just that but only to defy the system andto destabilize the country the USA set them up with jack ass Shiah president, police, and military before they left. Now no Sunnis or Chaldean Christian are safe any more. It also open the door for AlQueida. AlQueida is the name of there organization but they are Sunni so now they want to put Shiah out of power and take power for them self.

I can be very honest about this andspeak from fact. We, my family is Sunni. My husband is Shiah. My husband was called to fight in Iraq/Iran war in the 80's. He paid people to mutilate his body several different times so he does not have to fight for his country and fight against what he considers his people, the Irani. Finally after both of his arms, his hands, breaking his head they there is nothing left to mutilate so he had to go to the front line.He was very angry andit was very hard for him to defend his own country and fight the Irani who are same shit as him. Especially when Ronald Reagan gave mustard gas to use on Irani it almost killed him emotionally.

Now USA and Iran fight the same enemy and defend the same people They can't handle one Iran andalready do not know how to deal withthem but they empowered the country next door withthe same people to be another Iran now they will help Iran defend them lol

Where is the logic ?

Quoting jobseeker:

I don't have an opinion on this issue.  I am trying to understand.  So US forces were there [supposedly] to stabalize the region, then they left and2 Muslim groups began to disagree, I don't understand why.  Is one MORE muslim than the other?  Is ths something akin to the schism in Christianity in the 16th century?  Should other countries be a part of making peace in the region? Should the rest of the world let them duke it out to the end? 

TappyToes
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

Thank you so much for this explanation of the religions.

The truth of the matter (in my opinion) ALL political parties try to GRAB religious theories, try to adapt  them to fit THEIR agendas and force believers to follow the politics instead of the saints.

I have read the accounts of how your life has been impacted by the wars and I'm so sorry all this has happened to you and your family.

I want you to know that I am so sorry for your circumstances and hope you may find peace.  Acceptance of hard circumstances is difficult, but when one accepts things they have no power to change, a sort of peace can begin.

1stmuslimah
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting TappyToes:

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

Thank you so much for this explanation of the religions.

The truth of the matter (in my opinion) ALL political parties try to GRAB religious theories, try to adapt  them to fit THEIR agendas and force believers to follow the politics instead of the saints.

I have read the accounts of how your life has been impacted by the wars and I'm so sorry all this has happened to you and your family.

I want you to know that I am so sorry for your circumstances and hope you may find peace.  Acceptance of hard circumstances is difficult, but when one accepts things they have no power to change, a sort of peace can begin.

Thank you those are very kind words. I don't even know what to say except thanks.

We were trying to just accept that damage is done and nothing can be done but to just wait and see what will happens and hope maybe in a few years things will change and then this happens and everything is worse then it has ever been.

Bird_on_a_wire
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm a veteran as is my husband and many friends. We have all been deployed to Balad. We het the idea that it could be deserted because we have known and lost people there. But I will say this. If Obama sends troops back into Iraq he will have sealed his historic fate. It would be a very big mistake.
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:39 PM

Learning from experience.

So if we get into trouble, we won't have to abandon our people, and won't have to wait for help to arrive from Italy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)