Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Man calls 911 for help during home invasion, gets voicemail

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 4:47 PM
  • 18 Replies

• Posted: Jun 13, 2014 6:08 AM PDTUpdated: Jun 13, 2014 6:08 AM PDT

It happened earlier this week on Gwain Road in Port Richey. A man called 911 after four robbers with guns broke into his home, demanded money and prescription drugs.

The dispatcher tried to transfer the call from the fire department to law enforcement side of things – but he got a voicemail just as the crooks returned to the home. 

Chaos ensues. The man takes matters into his own hands and shoots one of the robbers. 

He then tells the dispatcher that he's been robbed, and two women in the home were physically hurt.

The county released a timeline showing deputies were dispatched more than three and a half minutes after the original call, but they say the transfer problems didn't slow down their response.

They also say steps are being taken to make sure it doesn’t happen again, although they didn't clarify what those steps are.

As for the robbers, three of them have been caught, including the guy who was shot by the homeowner.

by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1stmuslimah
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I suppose anytime we rely on a system set up through a computer system it could fail at any time. I remember something like this happened here several years back that effected the who tri county area of Detroit. It took them a few days to straighten it out.

If you call 911 in the city of Detroit you are out of luck one way or the other if it is working or it's not. My brothers store which is in Detroit was robbed at gun point once and they called the police right away about 12 noon. 26 hours later at 2 the next day they came lol. By then my brother told them never mind, doesn't matter.

Our homes are not in Detroit and it is much better. I have accidently set off my home security before and the police were here before I even had time to call the security center and tell them don't send police.

Bird_on_a_wire
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Hopefully someone is going to lose their job for this.  

Glad the guy was smart enough to fight back when they returned.  

mommy2adandykid
by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 6:37 PM

my biggest surprise of this article?  that the homeowner didn't get in trouble for shooting the robber.  Florida is pretty fucking stupid

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 7:03 PM

I agree - at least he was armed.

Quoting Bird_on_a_wire:

Hopefully someone is going to lose their job for this.  

Glad the guy was smart enough to fight back when they returned.  

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 7:05 PM

What? Are you being ironic, or are you seriously an anti-Florida bigot?!

Quoting mommy2adandykid:

my biggest surprise of this article?  that the homeowner didn't get in trouble for shooting the robber.  Florida is pretty fucking stupid

mommy2adandykid
by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 8:04 PM

let me guess, you're from florida?  lol  i've got two words for you:  Zimmerman and Anthony. 

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting mommy2adandykid:

BaronSamedi
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Florida is right to have SYG.  Martin started the fight and got what he deserved.  Anthony prosecution had no evidence and  should never have brought the case to trial so soon.

Quoting mommy2adandykid:

let me guess, you're from florida?  lol  i've got two words for you:  Zimmerman and Anthony. 

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting mommy2adandykid:

mommy2adandykid
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this

wow......yes.....the BOY being stalked by a vigilante 'got what he deserved'  holy crap.  im done............smh

Quoting BaronSamedi:

Florida is right to have SYG.  Martin started the fight and got what he deserved.  Anthony prosecution had no evidence and  should never have brought the case to trial so soon.

Quoting mommy2adandykid:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting mommy2adandykid:

autodidact
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 2:06 PM

so . . . you don't follow the news? live in a cave? 

Quoting mommy2adandykid:

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 2:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting mommy2adandykid:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting mommy2adandykid:

Zimmerman protected himself against an attack.

The prosecution acted stupidly and charge Anthony with things they couldn't prove.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)