Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Terrorist reached and killed 100's in Tikrit and we can't find my family (EDIT # 5 ) Another City taken USA is talking with Iran

Posted by   + Show Post

This is the worse thing ever. My brothers and sisters have been trying to reach our family in Tikrit all day after finding the terrorist have captured it and killed anyone they came in contact with including taking their heads off and calling them non-believers.

There is no answer for any family or family friends in Tikrit. We do not who is dead or alive. My brother said their are many pictures of people being killed posted on line and they are sifting the Internet for familiar faces.

Everyone in Baghdad is ok but they are waiting and they are scared. They expect terrorist to be their within the the next several hours. They can not go to check on anyone in Tikrit and they can't get answers on their phone either but hundreds have been killed they don't even know how many hundreds of people.

Now we find something nobody knew or was prepared for terrorist have 2 helicopters. Iraqi has sent a call to Hamas in Gaza Palestine to come help. I think Hamas is getting ready to go now but Gaza has no air power either. They need air power.

They asked USA for air power and USA said if they can't grow a backbone and help them self then USA can't help either. They are tho one who took the backbone !!!!!!!

Edit :Well it's about 1:00 PM in Baghdad and the terrorist are now 24 miles out side the Capitol and apparently the USA Embassy is open for business with no plans on closing. My brother just spent the last 3 or 4 hours trying to get through and finally got an American on the phone.

She could not tell him anything about our family, nobody knows but she did say most of the murders which are now in the thousands are Shia military and Shiah government employees all of which USA put in place.

My brother also told which I don't know if Embassy told him this or not but ISIS are still sitting the major city's they have captured and I know Tikrit was specific target so maybe everyone is just laying low and not able to get news out or answer their phone.

Current from Arabic news : I already mentioned the terrorist are 24 miles out side of the Capital of Baghdad. The Irani National Guard is waiting for them to approach. Hezb'ollah out of Lebanon which is Shiah is on their way and so is Hamas from Gaza Palestine which is Sunni. Kuwait, Qatar, The Emirates all have military in place sitting around doing nothing "in case" they are needed. Obama is still waiting to see what "will happen" and who knows where the fuck the the Arab League are.

We are devastated about all of this and for the thousands killed but now we have a little bit of hope to hang to that maybe our family members in Tikrit are still alive since they are Sunni and are not government employees.

Many body's are also washing up from the Tigris River and they appear to be all Shiah and Iraqi Soldiers. They did give a number of total of 1,700 Shia soldiers bodies found but there are more than that.

Coming back to add that I forgot to say America has announced "if needed" they are willing to make a "temporary alliance" with Iran. Yesterday they are enemy, today maybe they will be a friend, tomorrow they will be enemy again.

Here a couple photos of the attack on Tikrit yesterday. This is not even close the photos of people murdered and beheaded they showed on Arabic news that are not accessible in USA on Internet because they are posted on terrorist site but just to give you an idea of how they have everyone taken over.

If the teorrist (ISIS) reach Baghdad in another 24 miles and are not stopped their plan is to hit all the banks and if they do that then there is worry about oil but I didn't understand that part about the oil.

This is not Al-queda. They are an off shoot of Al Queida. A top fighter of Al- Queida Baghdaddi broke off and took Al-Queida members with him and has built the ISIS organization so big that Al-Queida can't fight them. There are rumors but not confirmed that Al-Queida was asked to help and they claim they are over whelmed by ISIS and can't stand up to them.

Edit #3 : Just announced USA is sending boots on the ground. Of course I got interruptedin the middle of listening so I am not clear if boots on ground will be for combat or just security for the embassy wich they did mention they are sending because they plan to keep embassy open. They said they will not bring the Americans out if they have to they will relocate them for safety but troops are getting read to go now. Not many I didn't catch how many they said but it is not allot of troops. I will keep listening for more accurate facts.

Yes now I cought it they said they are sending boots on the ground for a "non combat role" lol why bother to send them ?

Just heard it 273 troops for security

Now they just announced they will aslo send Special Forces but do not say how many

Edit 4:Now they announced USA if finally concerned enough to get their people out. They have decided that it is too unsafe for the Embassy and other American employees and are sending for them now and say they are getting them allout which is a total of about 5000

Edit :5 Just announced ISIS has taken control over Tal Afar a city with around 200,000,citizens. They have just brought down a helicopter and killed the 2 Shiah soldiers in it. They are lining them up for not to see who will be executed and who will not. Citizens of the city are using their phones getting news of the happenings out. At least reported 5 minutes ago they were reported as being able to make phone calls out.

Looks like this was the last straw. The Obama administration is discussing with Iran the "temporary alliance" now. They are also saying but it has not been officially confirmed it looks as "non combat boots on the ground" is going to change to "combat boots of the ground". Again that has not been officially confirmed but according to the reports of the discussions taking place with Iran that, that may end up being the case.

by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:45 PM
Replies (31-40):
Raintree
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow- thanks a bunch. I do watch democracy now- the others I needed guidance toward. Will check them out.

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

Quoting Raintree: I wondered about that (Al Jazeera). I looked last night, and it was all about the World Cup. So little coverage of actual news.
Quoting 1stmuslimah:

Quoting Raintree: Thanks for the update, muslimah. Can you recommend an internet news source that you find trustworthy? I don't watch tv like a normal person.

I will look and get back with you in a few minutes. I have not read news on Internet in a long time. I just listen to Arabic news for box for TV when I am laying in bed. I do know the good ones when I see them so I will check and come back.

Al jazeera is garbage do not read them. USA started censoring them and they basically turned into another BBC and they wanted to censor them more so I hear USA has blocked them now. If you can still see their site they are garbage and not dependable because it is censored. It used to be very good and creditable but not any more.

I am surprised you found them. I heard they would not agree to any more censorship so they blocked them in USA. I have not looked for them but back when I did read it and they started censoring them it turned to garbage.

I used to be on news mailing list and get them through email but someone keeps hacking me and I can't keep an email address. They disable every one I create.

This Ma'an Agency is the best. It is out of Palestine and it is not censored

http://www.maannews.net/eng/Default.aspx

Arab American this is good it is local from Dearborn Michigan and they do not depend on profit so they are no too censored. Even though it is local they also have national news

http://www.arabamericannews.com/news/

Democracy Now this is very good. They are also not for profit and do not depend on sponsorship

http://www.democracynow.org/

Here is one I a not familiar with it to know how creditable it is but I see it's for several different countries and it is in English so you can take a look

http://www.al-bab.com/arab/news/iraq.htm

Every other one I can think of in English it apears they are blocked now lol but out of these Ma'an and Democracy Now are the very best.

You need to look for sources that do not depend on profit and sponsorship. I am very surprised Ma'an is not blocked. Now they are blocking many things from Americans, but they critisize China for doing the same thing lol.

1stmuslimah
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I am so sorry!  I will be praying for you and your family.  Thank you for the update and the news-sources.

Thank you and thanks every one else for your kind words and support. It really means allot to see so many kinds words from everyone.

1stmuslimah
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 9:18 AM

Some times if you pay attention they will also lead you to other sources that maybe they used as a source.

I have not looked at in a long time to know how it is now but Muslim Observer which you can easily google used to be good. It is not just about Muslim news, it is based out of USA but they are not for profit. Actually any where you go here they have their news paper sitting out for free so I am assuming they are still creditable.

Quoting Raintree: Wow- thanks a bunch. I do watch democracy now- the others I needed guidance toward. Will check them out.
Quoting 1stmuslimah:

Quoting Raintree: I wondered about that (Al Jazeera). I looked last night, and it was all about the World Cup. So little coverage of actual news.
Quoting 1stmuslimah:

Quoting Raintree: Thanks for the update, muslimah. Can you recommend an internet news source that you find trustworthy? I don't watch tv like a normal person.

I will look and get back with you in a few minutes. I have not read news on Internet in a long time. I just listen to Arabic news for box for TV when I am laying in bed. I do know the good ones when I see them so I will check and come back.

Al jazeera is garbage do not read them. USA started censoring them and they basically turned into another BBC and they wanted to censor them more so I hear USA has blocked them now. If you can still see their site they are garbage and not dependable because it is censored. It used to be very good and creditable but not any more.

I am surprised you found them. I heard they would not agree to any more censorship so they blocked them in USA. I have not looked for them but back when I did read it and they started censoring them it turned to garbage.

I used to be on news mailing list and get them through email but someone keeps hacking me and I can't keep an email address. They disable every one I create.

This Ma'an Agency is the best. It is out of Palestine and it is not censored

http://www.maannews.net/eng/Default.aspx

Arab American this is good it is local from DearbornMichigan and they do not depend on profit so they are no too censored. Even though it is local they also have national news

http://www.arabamericannews.com/news/

Democracy Now this is very good. They are also not for profit and do not depend on sponsorship

http://www.democracynow.org/

Here is one I a not familiar with it to know how creditable it is but I see it's for several different countries and it is in English so you can take a look

http://www.al-bab.com/arab/news/iraq.htm

Every other one I can think of in English it apears they are blocked now lol but out of these Ma'an and Democracy Now are the very best.

You need to look for sources that do not depend on profit and sponsorship. I am very surprised Ma'an is not blocked. Now they are blocking many things from Americans, but they critisize China for doing the same thing lol.

simplegirl2321
by New Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this
This is so awful, I hope your family is just hiding and are safe. Prayers for you're family and everyone over there suffering and in danger. I'm not surprised the American media is being censored, this makes us look really really bad.
ramita
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Praying for you and your family!
1stmuslimah
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 11:43 AM

Quoting simplegirl2321: This is so awful, I hope your family is just hiding and are safe. Prayers for you're family and everyone over there suffering and in danger. I'm not surprised the American media is being censored, this makes us look really really bad.

My brother was searching the Internet yesterday because pictures and videos of all the slaughtering even the full view of people having their heads taken off were posted. He was searching to see if he can see someone we know and at least have some answers. Everything is blocked in USA. The rest of the world can see it but we can't.

Earlier Raintree asked me for some creditable on line news source. I have not read news on line in so long I had to look up the sources I used to use and found many of them are now blocked in USA.

I can't believe how censored I found out we are yesterday and today. I had not noticed it because I really have not been doing much on line except Cafe Mom but yes this is no different then what Americans criticize China for. Now it has happen in America since when I do not know.

I always knew their media out lets were not honest but we were not blocked from web sites and other media out lets like I found we are now.

Now I know it is time to leave. I have been talking about it for 2 months but now I am very sure I must leave this country.

simplegirl2321
by New Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes things are regularly scrubbed and censored. This has been going on for several years now. They do not want the American people to know the truth. They just want us to stay dumb and keep spending money we don't have. The American people said we wanted our troops home and out of Iraq, well now we got what we wanted I guess. This is just so messed up I don't know if there is any way we can make it better, or that we should even try.

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

Quoting simplegirl2321: This is so awful, I hope your family is just hiding and are safe. Prayers for you're family and everyone over there suffering and in danger. I'm not surprised the American media is being censored, this makes us look really really bad.

My brother was searching the Internet yesterday because pictures and videos of all the slaughtering even the full view of people having their heads taken off were posted. He was searching to see if he can see someone we know and at least have some answers. Everything is blocked in USA. The rest of the world can see it but we can't.

Earlier Raintree asked me for some creditable on line news source. I have not read news on line in so long I had to look up the sources I used to use and found many of them are now blocked in USA.

I can't believe how censored I found out we are yesterday and today. I had not noticed it because I really have not been doing much on line except Cafe Mom but yes this is no different then what Americans criticize China for. Now it has happen in America since when I do not know.

I always knew their media out lets were not honest but we were not blocked from web sites and other media out lets like I found we are now.

Now I know it is time to leave. I have been talking about it for 2 months but now I am very sure I must leave this country.

1stmuslimah
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 12:18 PM

Like I said I always knew their media out lets were full of shit. That is why I have a box to bring my channels from near east and NW Africa. I never had any problem going to my news sites on line though. Allot news stories I had sent to my email. I keep getting hacked for almost a year and have created at least 100 email addresses and they are all disabled within minutes of created them. Since I gave up I have only been logging on to Cafe Mom until I tried to find all the sites I used to go to so I could give Rain the links. I could not believe they are all blocked. I was able to access one Ma'an out of Palestine and I am surprised it is not blocked too.

Years ago Algazeera English used to be very good and creditable. USA started censoring them back over the winter and they turned into another BBC. That was not enough they wanted to censor them more. Allot of people who depended on Aljazeera English because it does have a reputation for being creditable were pissed. Now I hear you can access it but all you see is crap about the World Cup lol not even news any more.

If you watch aljazeera in Arab, they have a few Arabic channels from different counties they are in and it's very good news but you can not get them in USA unless you buy a box to bring in the channels.

Quoting simplegirl2321: Yes things are regularly scrubbed and censored. This has been going on for several years now. They do not want the American people to know the truth. They just want us to stay dumb and keep spending money we don't have. The American people said we wanted our troops home and out of Iraq, well now we got what we wanted I guess. This is just so messed up I don't know if there is any way we can make it better, or that we should even try.
Quoting 1stmuslimah:

denise3680
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this

this is a horrible and frightening situation, but I am not surprised that this is happening.  We came in disrupted everything and now cannot control a situation because the government in place over there is weak.  I am sorry for you and your family, I pray that they are safe and hope you hear from them very soon.  When this started there was no idea how or what would happen once Saddam was displaced and now we know for sure that all hell would break out.  Please keep us informed or updated on the status of your family.

IslandBreeze
by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this

wow. thanks for sharing. Very heartbreaking and not to offend, much better than the media because it gets you to the truth of what's going on. I hope your family is okay.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)