Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Oil refineries that supply electricy to all of Baghdad minutes away from being attacked (you better go fill up your car)

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 8:48 AM
  • 26 Replies
2 moms liked this

ISIS are quickly approaching the oil refineries which provide electricity and other resources to the capital of Baghdad. They plan to shut it down to weaken the capital making it easier to capture.

If you need gas in your car you better go fill up. No doubt with in a couple hours the oil companies will use this as an excuse to jack up the price allot not just a few cents. It's already almost 4 dollars here in Michigan this will probably put it close to 4.50 or 5.00.

by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 8:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
curious644
by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 8:51 AM

you do realize the majority of oil we import is from Mexico and Canada.  Also Texas is now considered the 10th largest producer of oil if it was its own country.  Of course we shouldnt allow the keystone pipeline because the dems are afraid of it.

1stmuslimah
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:07 AM
4 moms liked this

Quoting curious644:

you do realize the majority of oil we import is from Mexico and Canada.  Also Texas is now considered the 10th largest producer of oil if it was its own country.  Of course we shouldnt allow the keystone pipeline because the dems are afraid of it.

It does not matter if comes out of your back yard. They will jump on this as an excuse like they always do just like they did a year ago over the coup in Egypt just like the every time they think there MIGHT possibly be a bad storm in the gulf of Mexico and it never comes. The oil companies do not care if it is anything that effect or cost them they wait for reasons like this just to jack up the price.

I am not an idiot. That's why it say's "an excuse"

TappyToes
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:28 AM

Quoting curious644:

... and don't you realize that the price of that, or any oil, is set on the WORLD MARKET !  If it came from your backyard it would still be priced by the WORLD MARKET.

rocketracer
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this
...and don't forget about the Russian/Ukrainian situation...also, affects price of fuel
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:33 AM
3 moms liked this

ISIS JUST WANTS THE WORLD TO HAVE CLEAN-GREEN ENERGY!

TappyToes
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:45 AM

Quoting Billiejeens:

ISIS JUST WANTS THE WORLD TO HAVE CLEAN-GREEN ENERGY!

confused

1stmuslimah
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:52 AM

Quoting rocketracer: ...and don't forget about the Russian/Ukrainian situation...also, affects price of fuel

I was not aware. I didn't follow any of the situation in Russian/Ukraine. I only need to fill my car about once a month because I really don't go out much any more except for very local. I went to get it the last time about 3 weeks ago and thought "what the hell, when did this happen?" . I'm needing to fill up now and was too lazy to stop yesterday I saw the sign and knew any day all this was gonna raise it but said "I'll do it tomorrow" meaning today. Now they have reached the refinery and the gas station attendant is probably changing the sign now lol.

I really don't care enough to run out right now. If I had to get gas weekly I would but I don't so it's not that big of a deal for me.

Raintree
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this
The "dems" aren't afraid of it. If you've watched anything of what's happening in Nebraska, you'd know it doesn't divide along party line. It divides between farmers and ranchers who will have a foreign company declare eminent domain of their property and the politicians who've been bought off. Anything happens to the Ogallala Reservoir, and you'll be reminded about why we need to value water higher than oil.

Quoting curious644:

1stmuslimah
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 10:08 AM

We have so much water here (Great Lakes) it always sounds so odd to me when of here of water restrictions out west. I hear about people being ticketed for watering their lawn and I think WTF.

Quoting Raintree: The "dems" aren't afraid of it. If you've watched anything of what's happening in Nebraska, you'd know it doesn't divide along party line. It divides between farmers and ranchers who will have a foreign company declare eminent domain of their property and the politicians who've been bought off. Anything happens to the Ogallala Reservoir, and you'll be reminded about why we need to value water higher than oil.
Quoting curious644:

momtimesx4
by Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Oil prices, more so gasoline prices, have already started to rise weeks ago due to the speculation as well as the summer driving season.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN