Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

That's what happens when you don't care enough to get your own people to get them out of danger

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:43 AM
  • 44 Replies

Over 100 foreign workers in Iraq kidnapped. Not sure how exactly how many of them are Americans but that's what happens when you don't give a carp about your people enough to get them out while 9 city's are being taken and thousands of people are being slaughtered.

by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Schauseil
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 10:57 AM
Source?
1stmuslimah
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 11:03 AM

Quoting Schauseil: Source?

Arabic TV

momtimesx4
by Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:09 PM

Reports coming in that civilian contractors have been killed.

1stmuslimah
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 3:47 PM

Quoting momtimesx4:

Do they say where they are from ? All I'm hearing is just "foreigner's"

That was the stumpiest thing ever to leave them there. Monday my brother was on the phone with an American lady at the Embassy.  When he asked her why they are open she acted like he was one stupid for asking such a stupid question.

Then Monday night they put 173 of them on a 10,000 mile flight to go "protect" them because they didn't have any plan on closing.

Well I guess if they were somewhere already and not coming all the way from USA it wouldn't be 10 thousand miles but they didn't say. Still either way that was really stupid.

codfish
by Jen on Jun. 18, 2014 at 4:36 PM
Well sadly it will give Obama an excuse to free more terrorists.
momtimesx4
by Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 4:42 PM

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

Quoting momtimesx4:

That was the stumpiest thing ever to leave them there. Monday my brother was on the phone with an American lady at the Embassy.  When he asked her why they are open she acted like he was one stupid for asking such a stupid question.

Then Monday night they put 173 of them on a 10,000 mile flight to go "protect" them because they didn't have any plan on closing.

Well I guess if they were somewhere already and not coming all the way from USA it wouldn't be 10 thousand miles but they didn't say. Still either way that was really stupid.

This guy for starters. Copy/Pasted from another website.

Gunnery Sergeant Moncie Johns was killed in Basra, Iraq on June 17, 2014 while supporting US missions and serving as a contractor. He was retired from the Marine Corps but still desired to serve, protect, and defend the Iraqi people. Details are forthcoming due to the nature of the incident.

Gunny Johns was one of the finest Marines ever to to wear the uniform. He embodied the values of Honor, Courage, and Commitment. He was dependable, intellgent, fearless, and always the first one to volunteer for the tough assignments. He was due to return home to his young daughters in 4 days.

Gunnery Sergeant Johns led Marines in a variety of units during his time in the Marines including 1st Battalion 4th Marines, 2nd Battalion 5th Marines, and as a Drill Instructor. 

1stmuslimah
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 4:56 PM

What a waste of life when it could of so easily been prevented. American media lied all day Sunday saying they were getting employee's out and closing the embassy but when you watch Arabic news they came right and said they are not going to get anyone. I have some American friends who were pretty pissed that they not only did not go them but they also lied to American public and said they were going to get them 

Quoting momtimesx4:

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

Quoting momtimesx4:

Gunnery Sergeant Moncie Johns was killed in Basra, Iraq on June 17, 2014 while supporting US missions and serving as a contractor. He was retired from the Marine Corps but still desired to serve, protect, and defend the Iraqi people. Details are forthcoming due to the nature of the incident. Gunny Johns was one of the finest Marines ever to to wear the uniform. He embodied the values of Honor, Courage, and Commitment. He was dependable, intellgent, fearless, and always the first one to volunteer for the tough assignments. He was due to return home to his young daughters in 4 days. Gunnery Sergeant Johns led Marines in a variety of units during his time in the Marines including 1st Battalion 4th Marines, 2nd Battalion 5th Marines, and as a Drill Instructor. 

Bird_on_a_wire
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 4:58 PM
This is your reply to this. Really???

Quoting codfish: Well sadly it will give Obama an excuse to free more terrorists.
jcribb16
by Primrose Foxglove on Jun. 18, 2014 at 5:55 PM
2 moms liked this

This is awful.  And could have been avoided if they really had removed them to safety when they actually lied and said they were, when they weren't.

Quoting momtimesx4:

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

Quoting momtimesx4:

Gunnery Sergeant Moncie Johns was killed in Basra, Iraq on June 17, 2014 while supporting US missions and serving as a contractor. He was retired from the Marine Corps but still desired to serve, protect, and defend the Iraqi people. Details are forthcoming due to the nature of the incident. Gunny Johns was one of the finest Marines ever to to wear the uniform. He embodied the values of Honor, Courage, and Commitment. He was dependable, intellgent, fearless, and always the first one to volunteer for the tough assignments. He was due to return home to his young daughters in 4 days. Gunnery Sergeant Johns led Marines in a variety of units during his time in the Marines including 1st Battalion 4th Marines, 2nd Battalion 5th Marines, and as a Drill Instructor. 

rocketracer
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 6:10 PM

The  Obama administration released 12 more detaines from an Afghanistan detention center the same day the Benghazi terror leader was nabbed.

Quoting codfish: Well sadly it will give Obama an excuse to free more terrorists.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN