Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

That's what happens when you don't care enough to get your own people to get them out of danger

Posted by   + Show Post

Over 100 foreign workers in Iraq kidnapped. Not sure how exactly how many of them are Americans but that's what happens when you don't give a carp about your people enough to get them out while 9 city's are being taken and thousands of people are being slaughtered.

by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:43 AM
Replies (11-20):
29again
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 6:15 PM
1 mom liked this

And this is just the beginning... 

I think it will get worse. 

When will there be enough to charge him?  I think the time is here, myself.  If he didn't close the Embassy, then I don't know what more people want before they see that he does not give two shits about any American.

1stmuslimah
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 7:26 PM

Quoting rocketracer:

The  Obama administration released 12 more detaines from an Afghanistan detention center the same day the Benghazi terror leader was nabbed.

Quoting codfish: Well sadly it will give Obama an excuse to free more terrorists.

I've been hearing about all day, not the 12 released but that they picked up one of the Benghazi terrorist and they have him on a navy ship interrogating him. Libyan government is having a fit about it because they say USA did follow procedure in the way they arrested him and did not consult with the Libyan government and inform them of anything or something to that effect.

If they do know for sure he is guilty which something else I heard convinces me that he is but I don't remembernow what it was I hope USA will not have to release him and let him get away with it due to legal technicality. That was very disturbing what they did to that ambassador.

Every time I think of him I can't help but be sick at the fear that must have been going through his mind those last minutes of his life while they raped and tortured him.

TappyToes
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 7:32 PM

Quoting Bird_on_a_wire: This is your reply to this. Really???
Quoting codfish: Well sadly it will give Obama an excuse to free more terrorists.

Pity him/her, ODS is rampant on this board.

wink

1stmuslimah
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 7:32 PM

Quoting 29again:

When will there be enough to charge him?  I think the time is here, myself.  If he didn't close the Embassy, then I don't know what more people want before they see that he does not give two shits about any American.

I fell asleep while they were still waiting for the terrorist to cut the power. They knew they were doing it but could not stop them. I think when I woke up a few hours later about 3 PM they said the power was off. If that is the case then I am sure they were forced to close it.

I am going to hook up my boxes now down here in the main hall and see what I can hear. I only have   and I have to taking it from room to room. Usually I do not watch TV down here in the hall so it's not a big deal but I have been trying to keep up with news and not miss anything.

29again
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 7:50 PM

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

Quoting 29again:

I fell asleep while they were still waiting for the terrorist to cut the power. They knew they were doing it but could not stop them. I think when I woke up a few hours later about 3 PM they said the power was off. If that is the case then I am sure they were forced to close it.

I am going to hook up my boxes now down here in the main hall and see what I can hear. I only have   and I have to taking it from room to room. Usually I do not watch TV down here in the hall so it's not a big deal but I have been trying to keep up with news and not miss anything.

This is on drudge...

They didn't get through.  Or is this a lie?

BAGHDAD (CBS News/CBSDC/AP) — Islamic militants attacked Iraq’s largest oil refinery late Tuesday, but were repelled by Iraqi security forces after an overnight battle, Iraqi officials said Wednesday.

The al Qaeda splinter group known as the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) began their attack late Tuesday night, but fighting continued into Wednesday morning. There were unconfirmed reports that the militants had managed to gain control of much of the refinery compound, but in messages posted on their Facebook page, the Iraqi Special Operations force vehemently denied the claims.

Iraqi special forces, backed up by air support, destroyed an ISIS convoy and gunned down three ISIS snipers during a failed attempt by the group to break into the Baiji refinery, according to the special operations force, part of Iraq’s Interior Ministry which is in charge of security across the country.

‘Redskins’ Trademark Cancelled, Name Ruled Disparaging

Chief military spokesman, Lt. Gen. Qassim al-Moussawi, later said government forces had repelled the attack and that 40 attackers were killed in fighting.

Operations at the sprawling complex were halted and its foreign staff evacuated on Tuesday shut down due to the threat.

In a televised address on Wednesday, meanwhile, Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki said his government had regained the initiative after the “shock” defeat of its army and security forces by ISIS in the country’s north.

“We were able to contain the strike and arrest deterioration. … We have now started our counteroffensive, regaining the initiative and striking back,” al-Maliki said.

rocketracer
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

Quoting rocketracer:

The  Obama administration released 12 more detaines from an Afghanistan detention center the same day the Benghazi terror leader was nabbed.

I've been hearing about all day, not the 12 released but that they picked up one of the Benghazi terrorist and they have him on a navy ship interrogating him. Libyan government is having a fit about it because they say USA did follow procedure in the way they arrested him and did not consult with the Libyan government and inform them of anything or something to that effect.

If they do know for sure he is guilty which something else I heard convinces me that he is but I don't remembernow what it was I hope USA will not have to release him and let him get away with it due to legal technicality. That was very disturbing what they did to that ambassador.

Every time I think of him I can't help but be sick at the fear that must have been going through his mind those last minutes of his life while they raped and tortured him.

Interrogating him ???...or counseling him on how to testify in the American justice system so that he corroborates the admin's stories regarding Benghazi???

1stmuslimah
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 8:19 PM

Thank you for this update. As seems to happen very frequently my nervous system is all of a sudden shaking. When that happens I can't concentrate especially with this TV in the back ground. I just took medicine and I had to read this 3 or 4 times but I am too nervous to comprehend it right now but I will read it again in about 10 minutes when medicine is working. I have something else I was coming to tell you but I need to stop shaking before I type too much. I will come back in a few minutes

Quoting 29again:

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

Quoting 29again:

This is on drudge...

They didn't get through.  Or is this a lie?

BAGHDAD (CBS News/CBSDC/AP) — Islamic militants attacked Iraq’s largest oil refinery late Tuesday, but were repelled by Iraqi security forces after an overnight battle, Iraqi officials said Wednesday.

The al Qaeda splinter group known as the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) began their attack late Tuesday night, but fighting continued into Wednesday morning. There were unconfirmed reports that the militants had managed to gain control of much of the refinery compound, but in messages posted on their Facebook page, the Iraqi Special Operations force vehemently denied the claims.

Iraqi special forces, backed up by air support, destroyed an ISIS convoy and gunned down three ISIS snipers during a failed attempt by the group to break into the Baiji refinery, according to the special operations force, part of Iraq’s Interior Ministry which is in charge of security across the country.

‘Redskins’ Trademark Cancelled, Name Ruled Disparaging

Chief military spokesman, Lt. Gen. Qassim al-Moussawi, later said government forces had repelled the attack and that 40 attackers were killed in fighting.

Operations at the sprawling complex were halted and its foreign staff evacuated on Tuesday shut down due to the threat.

In a televised address on Wednesday, meanwhile, Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki said his government had regained the initiative after the “shock” defeat of its army and security forces by ISIS in the country’s north.

“We were able to contain the strike and arrest deterioration. … We have now started our counteroffensive, regaining the initiative and striking back,” al-Maliki said.

1stmuslimah
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Quoting rocketracer:

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

Quoting rocketracer:

Interrogating him ???...or counseling him on how to testify in the American justice system so that he corroborates the admin's stories regarding Benghazi???

I just heard the up date but let my medicine work and I will come back in 10 minutes when I am not shaking

rocketracer
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

Quoting rocketracer:

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

Quoting rocketracer:

I just heard the up date but let my medicine work and I will come back in 10 minutes when I am not shaking

Are you ok?

29again
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Quoting rocketracer:

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

Quoting rocketracer:

Oh, they wouldn't....  would they?  Please, not that!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN