Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

That's what happens when you don't care enough to get your own people to get them out of danger

Posted by   + Show Post

Over 100 foreign workers in Iraq kidnapped. Not sure how exactly how many of them are Americans but that's what happens when you don't give a carp about your people enough to get them out while 9 city's are being taken and thousands of people are being slaughtered.

by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:43 AM
Replies (31-40):
1stmuslimah
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 10:44 PM

Quoting Kaya529: This isn't the first time a president has done this nor is it the last but it makes me sick to my stomach. I have a friend who works for the state department in another country in the middle east and I worry about her.

No matter who is the president or in charge of making the call there is no excuse when they have days worth of fair warning and plenty of time to make preparations to get them. Technically even if it was not as obvious how bad it would turn out to be they should have started making preparation's and started evacuating them back last Friday. Everyone who knows anything had to know as early as Friday that it is not going to be a minor issue. Even if they don't know how bad they should be still be removed as a precaution instead of what Arabic news is calling it "gambling with their life" and that is exactly what they did was gamble with their life. Now half the world is talking about how American government does not even care about their own people and to be honest it makes me feel the same way.

I already know they don't care about me or even American Muslims after a week of listening to congress caught on video after video saying to just let us kill each other off and we have been for 2000 years killing each other don't stop us now. Some son of bitch was even ignorant enough to say kill them all and take their oil. This tells me our life has no value in their eyes and they much rather just have us eliminated to save them the trouble and they can have the oil. Not much different then what Hitler did to the Jews and other groups who were not part of the "master race" including Arab, and probably black, Chinese, and others of different race.

I had to completely stop watching any USA station. For a week over and over wishing death of us and talking about us like barbaric uncivilized animals and it was making me very angry and it was not a good anger to allow my mind and thoughts to have while I am living in this country.

In addition all week everything they say while thousands at a time are being killed and having their heads chopped off and their body set on fire to burn to death they keep making it about they are the victim because of 9/11 over 13 years ago without considering without this current situation that every day of their life was a non stop all day long 9/11 for 10, 11 years straight. If that happen to USA they really would not know how to handle it. They take a situation where thousands are being killed in the most inhumane fashion imaginable and keep going back to their self about an attack 13 years ago. That is very selfish and innconsiderate at this time. I wouldn't think as much about if they had not created the situation in the first place and Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 and now the government has proved they do not care about their own American citizens who are inocent civilian. Military is fair game. If they get killed then they get killed but civilian is off limtis and leaving them there like they did makes them just a guilty as if they killed them their self.

jcribb16
by Primrose Foxglove on Jun. 18, 2014 at 11:04 PM
2 moms liked this

You would think after the Benghazi issue, that they would have been on top of getting those people out to safety - like you said - they had days of fair warning and plenty of time to make those preparations.  Just another negative to add to my distrust of this administration and their "questionable" loyalty to America and her citizens, no matter where they are placed, sent, stationed, etc.

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

Quoting Kaya529: This isn't the first time a president has done this nor is it the last but it makes me sick to my stomach. I have a friend who works for the state department in another country in the middle east and I worry about her.

No matter who is the president or in charge of making the call there is no excuse when they have days worth of fair warning and plenty of time to make preparations to get them. Technically even if it was not as obvious how bad it would turn out to be they should have started making preparation's and started evacuating them back last Friday. Everyone who knows anything had to know as early as Friday that it is not going to be a minor issue. Even if they don't know how bad they should be still be removed as a precaution instead of what Arabic news is calling it "gambling with their life" and that is exactly what they did was gamble with their life. Now half the world is talking about how American government does not even care about their own people and to be honest it makes me feel the same way.

I already know they don't care about me or even American Muslims after a week of listening to congress caught on video after video saying to just let us kill each other off and we have been for 2000 years killing each other don't stop us now. Some son of bitch was even ignorant enough to say kill them all and take their oil. This tells me our life has no value in their eyes and they much rather just have us eliminated to save them the trouble and they can have the oil. Not much different then what Hitler did to the Jews and other groups who were not part of the "master race" including Arab, and probably black, Chinese, and others of different race.

I had to completely stop watching any USA station. For a week over and over wishing death of us and talking about us like barbaric uncivilized animals and it was making me very angry and it was not a good anger to allow my mind and thoughts to have while I am living in this country.

In addition all week everything they say while thousands at a time are being killed and having their heads chopped off and their body set on fire to burn to death they keep making it about they are the victim because of 9/11 over 13 years ago without considering without this current situation that every day of their life was a non stop all day long 9/11 for 10, 11 years straight. If that happen to USA they really would not know how to handle it. They take a situation where thousands are being killed in the most inhumane fashion imaginable and keep going back to their self about an attack 13 years ago. That is very selfish and innconsiderate at this time. I wouldn't think as much about if they had not created the situation in the first place and Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 and now the government has proved they do not care about their own American citizens who are inocent civilian. Military is fair game. If they get killed then they get killed but civilian is off limtis and leaving them there like they did makes them just a guilty as if they killed them their self.

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Jun. 18, 2014 at 11:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Not surprising....

Quoting rocketracer:

The  Obama administration released 12 more detaines from an Afghanistan detention center the same day the Benghazi terror leader was nabbed.

Quoting codfish: Well sadly it will give Obama an excuse to free more terrorists.

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Jun. 18, 2014 at 11:58 PM

Some of your comments give me serious reason to pause....

Quoting TappyToes:

Quoting Bird_on_a_wire: This is your reply to this. Really???
Quoting codfish: Well sadly it will give Obama an excuse to free more terrorists.

Pity him/her, ODS is rampant on this board.

wink

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Jun. 19, 2014 at 12:13 AM
1 mom liked this

My concern several days ago. This admin is so disconnected from reality. Obama's sense of compassion for human life is alarming. Far exceeds incompetence and the ability to understand evil. According to Obama, the world is a safer place now due to his policies.

Quoting jcribb16:

You would think after the Benghazi issue, that they would have been on top of getting those people out to safety - like you said - they had days of fair warning and plenty of time to make those preparations.  Just another negative to add to my distrust of this administration and their "questionable" loyalty to America and her citizens, no matter where they are placed, sent, stationed, etc.

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

jcribb16
by Primrose Foxglove on Jun. 19, 2014 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I believe that's exactly what he wants naive American citizens to think, too.

This admin seems very anti-Constitution, anti-capitalism, anti-small businesses succeeding, anti-Christianity, anti-bearing arms, just to name a few.

Quoting blondekosmic15:

My concern several days ago. This admin is so disconnected from reality. Obama's sense of compassion for human life is alarming. Far exceeds incompetence and the ability to understand evil. According to Obama, the world is a safer place now due to his policies.

Quoting jcribb16:

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Jun. 19, 2014 at 1:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, a true portrait of Obama & his admin. Americans were warned but refused to take heed. It's all coming apart rapidly. The chickens are coming home to roost as a Republican recently said. Taken from Obama's friend and Minister Jeremiah Wright.

A few days before the bloody conflict in Iraq was revealed internationally, I saw a speech by Obama claiming the world is a safer place now. This is beyond naive and dangerous!

Quoting jcribb16:

This admin seems very anti-Constitution, anti-capitalism, anti-small businesses succeeding, anti-Christianity, anti-bearing arms, just to name a few.

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting jcribb16:

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

jcribb16
by Primrose Foxglove on Jun. 19, 2014 at 1:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, Americans were warned, that's true.  I've already learned that a lot of the naysayers out there, and possibly in some threads, who are so against conservatives, and mainly Christians who won't agree with the more liberal views, are most likely those who are totally of the same mind-think as O, agree with his radical views, and some are, I personally believe from things learned, researched, and observed, that some are "working" for him.  And the naive are "taken under their wings" to shape and mold them.

The world and America are not safer than it's ever been, as he would have people believe.

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Yes, a true portrait of Obama & his admin. Americans were warned but refused to take heed. It's all coming apart rapidly. The chickens are coming home to roost as a Republican said recently. Taken from Obama's friend and Minister Jeremiah Wright.

A few days before the bloody conflict in Iraq was revealed internationally, I saw a speech by Obama claiming the world is a safer place now. This is beyond naive and dangerous!

Quoting jcribb16:

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting jcribb16:

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

1stmuslimah
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 1:30 AM

I know about Gitmo but I am not sure since they are planning to close it if they will send him there. If they don't send him there and they send him to a prison who does not specialize in just housing terrorist I am quite sure he will be in solitary for his own protection which will mean he will be locked down behind glass doors 23 hours a day and only have one hour for shower and phone call after all others are locked down for the night.

No matter how cushy any prison is 23 hours a day in an 8X10 cell for the rest of your life is enough to make anyone crazy and I am sure he will not be treated kindly with any extra privilege's from the guards

But then again they keep running the story and stressing how much about he is singing like a bird and going way above and beyond and voluteering all kinds of information which is a good thing for them to have the information but at the same time they might cut him a deal or maybe already have which could be why he is talking so much.

Or worse yet they might think he is valuable enough to be an informant and figure it's better to let one terrorist stay free if he is going to work with them to bring down more terrorist therefore he really does not pay the consequence's.

Quoting 29again:

Oh, yeah, sure.  ~I'm joking....~

There are times when the DP IS called for.    And any prison sentence should be for the time indicated.  No less.  No time off for good behavior, no parole.  If you do the crime, you can do the time.  And while I agree that the DP is the easy way out, sometimes it is the right thing for the good of society. 

And, since you don't seem to know this......  the prison for terrorists is full of luxuries.  It is called "Gitmo" for short.  Maybe you've heard of it?  Excellent medical care, even better than what our poor vets get.  Imagine that, prisoners getting better care than our own vets......  pathetic is what I call that.  But anyway, yeah, our terrorist prison is not all that bad, not at all.  Almost like a Caribbean resort motel, you could say!

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

I am sure that would be a death sentence lol. I know you are being funny but seriously I do not like death sentence. My reason for not liking it is not for humanity reasons but because I feel like death is the easy way out especially when they just give them a shot and they peacefully go to sleep and never wake up without even suffering.

My opinion is that a life time in prison with no possibility of Parole which Federal does not have parole anyways and it is flat time with no time cut short for good behavior.this  is much worse of a punishment than just being put out of there misery.

I know if I had been convicted of any thing and sentenced 25 to life or longer and even shorter I would beg for them to just kill me. Therefore I see it as the easy way out and not sufficient consequence's for something of this nature

One think I do not like about federal time though is I know because my ex husband did 2 years federal time back in the early 90's and even back then besides not having women made available to them they have it pretty damn good and as long as they have money or family with money to send them they can get anything computer, TV, drugs, ever thing except women. Federal prison is set up like like a community not a prison and they even have actual stores including grocery where if they have money they can buy and eat the best cut of steak every nigh for dinner, rent movies , everything. This is for ordinary federal crimes. maybe terrorism is not considered like any other federal crime such as maybe weapons as was the case with my ex husband. If that it the case maybe they will put him in a facility just for terrorist without so many luxuries.

Another thing I am concerned about is because they said he running his mouth non stop and telling everything about everyone and has exposed everyhing about the terrorist organization he is member of who did this. In this cases such as that when they find someone so willing to talk they consider them valuable enough to offer them deals. depending on how valuable his information and cooperation is he may face very little consequences and sometimes if the government considers he would be a valuable informant and work for USA government he will face none.

If you never hear any update about him and what the out come turns out to be then you can assume that is the case because of course they do not make such things known. They just never speak of him again and hope people will forget about him.

Quoting 29again:

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

Quoting 29again:

Quoting rocketracer:

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

Quoting rocketracer:

The  Obama administration released 12 more detaines from an Afghanistan detention center the same day the Benghazi terror leader was nabbed.

I've been hearing about all day, not the 12 released but that they picked up one of the Benghazi terrorist and they have him on a navy ship interrogating him. Libyan government is having a fit about it because they say USA did follow procedure in the way they arrested him and did not consult with the Libyan government and inform them of anything or something to that effect.

If they do know for sure he is guilty which something else I heard convinces me that he is but I don't remembernow what it was I hope USA will not have to release him and let him get away with it due to legal technicality. That was very disturbing what they did to that ambassador.

Every time I think of him I can't help but be sick at the fear that must have been going through his mind those last minutes of his life while they raped and tortured him.

Interrogating him ???...or counseling him on how to testify in the American justice system so that he corroborates the admin's stories regarding Benghazi???

Oh, they wouldn't....  would they?  Please, not that!

I do not know the law when it comes to something like that involving terrorist and the law and procedure of taking him from another country but I hope not.

The update is they are on the ship and moving and heading to Washington now. In Washington he will have a federal hearing. They said under "normal conditions" it is about 7 days to reach Washington by ship. In other words they are saying these are not normal conditions and it will take longer. They did not say how long just that they will take their time to get as much information from him as possible.

They said he is telling everything and talking allot and giving allot of information. What I did not like because I know American media is going to have a field day with it is he is now giving them a "history lesson" on Shariah Law. Those are exact words. All week American media has been talking about us (Muslims) like we are garbage and all a bunch of uncivilized animals and now they will take his words and who knows what they will turn it into.

I also can not trust that just like too Muslims who have not studies like I have. I went to Muslim school from grade 1 -12 and continued my education in the Islamic University but many do not know facts of Shariah law. If he knew what Shariah really says as it was revealed by God he would not have been a part of these things and what they did to that ambassador and raping him and torture him. If he knows Shariah Law as raveled by God he would be to scared of the consequence's on the Day of Judgment when he stands before God to answer for these actions.

Muslims who know the correct teachings and the consequenses of Hell Fire in the after life take it very seriously and are very careful about how they live their life and what they do. Educated Muslims just consider this life as what will determine their eternal after life.

One way or the other the American media is run with it and twist and turn it and then every one will really be talking about us like animals worse then they are now.

So what would you think if they let him swim home?

Kaya529
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 2:30 PM
This is what we have always done. We only save our own when there is enough public outcry and politicians want to look good or save their jobs. It really shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. If we are willing to sacrifice our own than why anyone would think we would help anyone else is kind of strange. Even when we do manage to get off our butts to help all we end up doing is making it worse. If you don't believe me check out our activities in South and Central America throughout the 1900's. We "helped" during the Russian invasion in Afghanistan and all we ended up doing is helping in the creation of the Taliban which led to 9/11 simply because we are incapable of finishing what we started. Then when the consequences if our actions bite us in the butt we point fingers at everyone else. Most Americans never even get anything beyond the eurocentric, false patriotic version of history taught in our high schools. So when you hear a bunch if idiots ranting on the television you shouldn't get mad. You should feel sorry for them. They truly don't realize how ignorant they are.

There are some very wonderful and intelligent Americans but they are usually drowned out by the ignorant. There are members if congress that do care and a part of the population that are sickened by what is going on and not all of us use 9/11 to excuse abhorrent behaviors. In the other thread where we talked I used it as a way to empathize with what you were going through. My dad was supposed to be flying that day and after the pkanes hit the tower and there were reports of more pkanes being hijacked I remember the overwhelming fear of not being able to find my dad and not knowing what had happened to him. I was able to use that experience to connect with how you were feeling not knowing what had happened to your family and the fear for them you were feeling. Even right after the incident my fiancee and I had a Muslim acquaintance who worked in a gas station and when we went into the store some jerks were hassling him. We made them leave and for several weeks after that made a point if stopping in a couple times a night to check on him. Not all Americans use tragedies to excuse hurting people. Some of us use it to draw people together and to connect with others.

Also, you shouldn't believe any news. You use the news to get an idea of what everyone is saying than sift through it all to get a small glimmer of what the truth us. Everyone of them lie and have an agenda. It's not just American news.

Sorry it took so long to respond but DS had nightmares last night and I wasn't able to get back to you.

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN