Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Second poll in 2 weeks: Obama polling lower on competency than George W. Bush after Katrina

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 2:47 PM
  • 38 Replies

BY   

Americans now view President Obama as less competent thanGeorge W. Bush at the same point in his presidency, according to a new poll.

The Wall Street Journal/NBC News survey found that just half of all respondents consider Obama to be competent, even lower than those polled in the wake of Bush's botched response to Hurricane Katrina.

And 54 percent said Obama is no longer able “to lead the country and get the job done.” More than 40 percent of respondents believe the administration’s performance has gotten worse in the past year.

Though Obama's overall approval ratings remain unchanged -- 41 percent -- Americans are souring on his handling of foreign affairs amid heightened turmoil in Iraq.

Just 37 percent of those surveyed approved of the president’s handling of foreign policies.

While Obama received favorable marks for his approach to climate change and education, respondents said they doubted Obama's ability to enact his agenda.

Progressives fear that disillusionment with the White House could endanger Democrats inNovember's midterms. Republicans need a net gain of six seats to take control of the Senate.

The poll was conducted between June 11-15 and was based on nationwide telephone interviews of 1,000 adults.

by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 4:08 PM

So, he still has this.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 4:13 PM

What is it??

Looks like a cartoon.

But then again, O is very cartoonish.

Quoting Billiejeens:

So, he still has this.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 4:21 PM
3 moms liked this

It is his protection.

It is his shield.

It is the Shield of Blackability.

It is the reason that he can get away with shredding the Constitution as no President before him as ever even tried.

Nixon was about to be impeached and resigned for simply dreaming about doing the things that Obama goes full tilt with.

Quoting SallyMJ:

What is it??

Looks like a cartoon.

But then again, O is very cartoonish.

Quoting Billiejeens:

So, he still has this.

MomTiara19
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 7:13 PM
3 moms liked this

President Obama nor Bush are running for office again.President Obama isnt in a popularity contest.He has to focus on cleaning up Bushes crap.

Speaking of comptance...

Do republicans care or know congress pole numbers are at a record low of %7!!!!

I think democrats will hold the senate

Donna6503
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 7:59 PM
I don't see how he is going to recover his "numbers" in the next couple of years; but, I don't see Obama falling much further.
grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 10:25 PM

Oh now, Donna, every time we think he can't get much worse.....he does.

Quoting Donna6503: I don't see how he is going to recover his "numbers" in the next couple of years; but, I don't see Obama falling much further.

grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Obamabots are really in need of sympathy.  They just don't know any better.

Quoting MomTiara19:

President Obama nor Bush are running for office again.President Obama isnt in a popularity contest.He has to focus on cleaning up Bushes crap.

Speaking of comptance...

tattedmommy730
by Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 10:32 PM
2 moms liked this

and there are idiot republicans who think Obama is to blame for the disaterous reponse to Katrina

Donna6503
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:18 PM
Maybe; but, those folks that are still defending this administration are going to continue to defend no matter what happens in the next couple of years

Quoting grandmab125:

Oh now, Donna, every time we think he can't get much worse.....he does.

Quoting Donna6503: I don't see how he is going to recover his "numbers" in the next couple of years; but, I don't see Obama falling much further.

jobseeker
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:26 PM

the 'blame bush' train ran out of steam 5 years ago.

and I believe you meant to say 'POLL'  stippers dance on a 'pole'

congressional disapproval ratings include both sides of the aise.

Quoting MomTiara19:

Speaking of comptance...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)