Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Second poll in 2 weeks: Obama polling lower on competency than George W. Bush after Katrina

Posted by   + Show Post

BY   

Americans now view President Obama as less competent thanGeorge W. Bush at the same point in his presidency, according to a new poll.

The Wall Street Journal/NBC News survey found that just half of all respondents consider Obama to be competent, even lower than those polled in the wake of Bush's botched response to Hurricane Katrina.

And 54 percent said Obama is no longer able “to lead the country and get the job done.” More than 40 percent of respondents believe the administration’s performance has gotten worse in the past year.

Though Obama's overall approval ratings remain unchanged -- 41 percent -- Americans are souring on his handling of foreign affairs amid heightened turmoil in Iraq.

Just 37 percent of those surveyed approved of the president’s handling of foreign policies.

While Obama received favorable marks for his approach to climate change and education, respondents said they doubted Obama's ability to enact his agenda.

Progressives fear that disillusionment with the White House could endanger Democrats inNovember's midterms. Republicans need a net gain of six seats to take control of the Senate.

The poll was conducted between June 11-15 and was based on nationwide telephone interviews of 1,000 adults.

by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 2:47 PM
Replies (11-20):
grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 1:18 AM

It just boggles the mind.  SMH

Quoting Donna6503: Maybe; but, those folks that are still defending this administration are going to continue to defend no matter what happens in the next couple of years
Quoting grandmab125:

Oh now, Donna, every time we think he can't get much worse.....he does.

Quoting Donna6503: I don't see how he is going to recover his "numbers" in the next couple of years; but, I don't see Obama falling much further.

grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 1:36 AM

And there are idiot dems who post stupid replies and make crap up.  Go figure.

Quoting tattedmommy730:

and there are idiot republicans who think Obama is to blame for the disaterous reponse to Katrina

1stmuslimah
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 1:48 AM

I have been hearing on the news on TV for 2 days so I do not have the source just repeating.

Surveys say that 54% of Americans of all party's believe Obama is not qualified for the job. If I am not mistaken I think they said that it was according to Pew survey.

That has always been my personal opinion since he first started campaigning the first time. I have said a 1000 times and I can't be convinced any different that most were more concerned about making history by electing the first president of color that his qualification's were of little concern.

It has always appeared to me that him not knowing what he is doing he is just making up the rules as he goes along. Then of course when it all turns into disaster due to his stupid decision's he is not qualified to make then he has to lie to try and cover it up then it leads to a big scandal. 

1stmuslimah
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 1:53 AM

I have come to the conclusion that, that only happens here (CM). When it does happen here it is the 20 somethings kids who post with such ignorance. Just about every adult Democrat I know in real life who voted for him is very disappointed and regrets voting for him and they are not afraid to admit it.

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting tattedmommy730:

and there are idiot republicans who think Obama is to blame for the disaterous reponse to Katrina

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 6:26 AM

Sorry Tiara,

You sound like you're saying O's crap doesn't stink.

He does crap, you know - We've had 5 stinking years of it that stink to high heaven.

No other president has for his entire term blamed his predecessor. It's pathetic - if O doesn't want to be accountable to the American people, why run for president, for God's sake?

Quoting MomTiara19:

President Obama nor Bush are running for office again.President Obama isnt in a popularity contest.He has to focus on cleaning up Bushes crap.

Speaking of comptance...

Do republicans care or know congress pole numbers are at a record low of %7!!!!

I think democrats will hold the senate

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 6:30 AM

No - the idiots are those like Senator Obama, who said the federal response to Katrina meant that Bush was a racist.

What a dumba$$ racebaiter.

Quoting tattedmommy730:

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 6:33 AM

I believe the first poll maybe 10 days ago was Pew or Fox. This one was NBC/Wall Street Journal.

I agree 100% with the rest of your assessment.

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

I have been hearing on the news on TV for 2 days so I do not have the source just repeating.

Surveys say that 54% of Americans of all party's believe Obama is not qualified for the job. If I am not mistaken I think they said that it was according to Pew survey.

That has always been my personal opinion since he first started campaigning the first time. I have said a 1000 times and I can't be convinced any different that most were more concerned about making history by electing the first president of color that his qualification's were of little concern.

It has always appeared to me that him not knowing what he is doing he is just making up the rules as he goes along. Then of course when it all turns into disaster due to his stupid decision's he is not qualified to make then he has to lie to try and cover it up then it leads to a big scandal. 

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 6:35 AM

Really??

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

I have come to the conclusion that, that only happens here (CM). When it does happen here it is the 20 somethings kids who post with such ignorance. Just about every adult Democrat I know in real life who voted for him is very disappointed and regrets voting for him and they are not afraid to admit it.

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting tattedmommy730:

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 7:41 AM

Source?

Quoting tattedmommy730:

tattedmommy730
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 9:18 AM

my own ears

Quoting Billiejeens:

Source?

Quoting tattedmommy730:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN