Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Second poll in 2 weeks: Obama polling lower on competency than George W. Bush after Katrina

Posted by   + Show Post

BY   

Americans now view President Obama as less competent thanGeorge W. Bush at the same point in his presidency, according to a new poll.

The Wall Street Journal/NBC News survey found that just half of all respondents consider Obama to be competent, even lower than those polled in the wake of Bush's botched response to Hurricane Katrina.

And 54 percent said Obama is no longer able “to lead the country and get the job done.” More than 40 percent of respondents believe the administration’s performance has gotten worse in the past year.

Though Obama's overall approval ratings remain unchanged -- 41 percent -- Americans are souring on his handling of foreign affairs amid heightened turmoil in Iraq.

Just 37 percent of those surveyed approved of the president’s handling of foreign policies.

While Obama received favorable marks for his approach to climate change and education, respondents said they doubted Obama's ability to enact his agenda.

Progressives fear that disillusionment with the White House could endanger Democrats inNovember's midterms. Republicans need a net gain of six seats to take control of the Senate.

The poll was conducted between June 11-15 and was based on nationwide telephone interviews of 1,000 adults.

by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 2:47 PM
Replies (21-30):
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 9:22 AM

Anecdotal Evidence is the least reliable of all.

Quoting tattedmommy730:

my own ears

Quoting Billiejeens:

Source?

Quoting tattedmommy730:

and there are idiot republicans who think Obama is to blame for the disaterous reponse to Katrina

tattedmommy730
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 9:28 AM

I didn't say evidence. I said there are idiot republicans who think obama is to blame for the disaterous response to Katrina. Whether 2 people think it or 500, it still means there are idiot republicans who think it

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting tattedmommy730:

my own ears

Quoting Billiejeens:

Source?

Quoting tattedmommy730:

and there are idiot republicans who think Obama is to blame for the disaterous reponse to Katrina

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 9:33 AM

No chance.

They might be confusing him with the Black Man that was responsible - Mayor Ray Nagin.

No one outside of Illinois had heard of the other little prick when Katrina hit.

Quoting tattedmommy730:

I didn't say evidence. I said there are idiot republicans who think obama is to blame for the disaterous response to Katrina. Whether 2 people think it or 500, it still means there are idiot republicans who think it

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting tattedmommy730:

my own ears

Quoting Billiejeens:

Source?

Quoting tattedmommy730:

tattedmommy730
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 9:44 AM

omg you are dense.

Quoting Billiejeens:

No chance.

They might be confusing him with the Black Man that was responsible - Mayor Ray Nagin.

No one outside of Illinois had heard of the other little prick when Katrina hit.

Quoting tattedmommy730:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting tattedmommy730:

my own ears

Quoting Billiejeens:

Source?

Quoting tattedmommy730:

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 10:45 AM

No Chance.

Quoting tattedmommy730:

omg you are dense.

Quoting Billiejeens:

No chance.

Quoting tattedmommy730:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting tattedmommy730:

my own ears

Quoting Billiejeens:

Source?

Quoting tattedmommy730:

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Jun. 20, 2014 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Bush didn't botch the response to Katrina. He contacted then Gov Kathleen Blanco a few days prior to the hurricane to offer federal assistance but she refused. Mayor Ray Nagin and Blanco screwed up big time. The Governor didn't run for another term for obvious reasons. 

I hope Obama's low numbers will compromise elections this Nov. About time America wakes up.

1stmuslimah
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 12:41 PM

Yes and almost everyone I know voted for him.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Really??

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

I have come to the conclusion that, that only happens here (CM). When it does happen here it is the 20 somethings kids who post with such ignorance. Just about every adult Democrat I know in real life who voted for him is very disappointed and regrets voting for him and they are not afraid to admit it.

Quoting grandmab125:

And there are idiot dems who post stupid replies and make crap up.  Go figure.

Quoting tattedmommy730:

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 12:47 PM

You need to surround yourself with different people, my friend.

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Really??

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

I have come to the conclusion that, that only happens here (CM). When it does happen here it is the 20 somethings kids who post with such ignorance. Just about every adult Democrat I know in real life who voted for him is very disappointed and regrets voting for him and they are not afraid to admit it.

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting tattedmommy730:

1stmuslimah
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 1:38 PM

Lol this is why I come to CM to learn from like minded people like yourself, grandma, Salley who are more educated in politics them me. Even before I knew of you when Obama announced he was running the first time most didn't even know who he was. I knew and that is how I knew he was a liar.

You know I am a member of a few anti Zionist organizations. Before I got sick and before that was busy with my husband I cut back on being so active but I used to be a very important part of the organization. I did allot of the organizing for events and fund raising banquet , etc. Some organizations are nation wide and international with chapters all over the USA and Europe. I knew Obama's name very well from his participation in sister organizations. He did allot in the way of fund raising, giving informational speeches, etc.. I never met him personally but any one who was an anti Zionist back then they know of him very well.

After he announced and was still not well known he was on a Sunday morning news talk show. The interviewer asked him about all the involvement I just stated abouve. I listen to him with my own ears lie thiugh his teeth and deny every bit of it.. Of course I know if admitted the truth that is not going to go over very well but for me it was the point of how he was able to look directly in that camera and lie like a professional about what I had first hand knowledge of.

I knew then and there he is a snake and can not be trusted and the way he lied like a professional told me he this is not some first little lie but he knows how to lie without even giving it thought when put on the spot.

I obsess about learning about politics, current word affairs, keeping up with world news. My friends don't. Their lives are all about rain bows and sun shine. Most jumped on bored the first time because he sold them with the hope and change BS. Then second time everyone was scared of Romney which myself I was terrified of him too. Even though my friends who voted of course are citizens we most all of originate from near east have families and homes there and we were scared Romney first thing will go make war on everyone. I still think he would have.

I could not bring myself to support either one my support so I just didn't vote. Those I know in person who still because they don't keep up and follow still know enough to know Obama has failed them and turned out to be a big dissapointment. They figured that out the first time around and then second time with Romney being the other choice they voted for Obama out of fear of Romney.

Most of the Arabic population both times was actually pushing for Ron Paul and that is only reason I went and got a voters card was so i could vote Ron Paul. We really wanted him but poor ole guy never made it far enough to even be an option and I am sure he never will.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Really??

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting tattedmommy730:

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 1:42 PM

Ron Paul was never viable.

He has never even won a state wide race -

Presidents come form Senators or Governors who have ran successful statewide campaigns.

Plus, Ron Paul was a fraud.

Thank ya ma'am.

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

Lol this is why I come to CM to learn from like minded people like yourself, grandma, Salley who are more educated in politics them me. Even before I knew of you when Obama announced he was running the first time most didn't even know who he was. I knew and that is how I knew he was a liar.

You know I am a member of a few anti Zionist organizations. Before I got sick and before that was busy with my husband I cut back on being so active but I used to be a very important part of the organization. I did allot of the organizing for events and fund raising banquet , etc. Some organizations are nation wide and international with chapters all over the USA and Europe. I knew Obama's name very well from his participation in sister organizations. He did allot in the way of fund raising, giving informational speeches, etc.. I never met him personally but any one who was an anti Zionist back then they know of him very well.

After he announced and was still not well known he was on a Sunday morning news talk show. The interviewer asked him about all the involvement I just stated abouve. I listen to him with my own ears lie thiugh his teeth and deny every bit of it.. Of course I know if admitted the truth that is not going to go over very well but for me it was the point of how he was able to look directly in that camera and lie like a professional about what I had first hand knowledge of.

I knew then and there he is a snake and can not be trusted and the way he lied like a professional told me he this is not some first little lie but he knows how to lie without even giving it thought when put on the spot.

I obsess about learning about politics, current word affairs, keeping up with world news. My friends don't. Their lives are all about rain bows and sun shine. Most jumped on bored the first time because he sold them with the hope and change BS. Then second time everyone was scared of Romney which myself I was terrified of him too. Even though my friends who voted of course are citizens we most all of originate from near east have families and homes there and we were scared Romney first thing will go make war on everyone. I still think he would have.

I could not bring myself to support either one my support so I just didn't vote. Those I know in person who still because they don't keep up and follow still know enough to know Obama has failed them and turned out to be a big dissapointment. They figured that out the first time around and then second time with Romney being the other choice they voted for Obama out of fear of Romney.

Most of the Arabic population both times was actually pushing for Ron Paul and that is only reason I went and got a voters card was so i could vote Ron Paul. We really wanted him but poor ole guy never made it far enough to even be an option and I am sure he never will.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Really??

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting tattedmommy730:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN