Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Alleged child rape victim reportedly says Hillary Clinton lied about her in '75 case

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 5:12 PM
  • 33 Replies

A woman who says she was raped as a 12-year-old girl by an Arkansas man who was defended by a young novice defense attorney named Hillary Clinton says the future presidential candidate smeared her to get her attacker off with a light sentence.

In an exclusive interview with The Daily Beast, the now 52-year-old woman, whose name was withheld by the publication out of concern for her privacy, said she still harbors anger toward Clinton. 

The victim in the 1975 sexual abuse case that became Clinton’s first criminal defense said she wants to speak out after hearing Clinton talk about her case on newly discovered audio recordings from the 1980s, unearthed by the Washington Free Beacon and made public this week.

The woman told The Daily Beast Clinton intentionally lied about her in court documents, went to extraordinary lengths to discredit evidence of the rape, and later callously acknowledged - even laughed - about her attackers’ guilt on the recordings.

If the victim could speak to Clinton, she said, “I would say, ‘You took a case of mine in ‘75, you lied on me… I realize the truth now, the heart of what you’ve done to me. And you are supposed to be for women? You call that [being] for women, what you done to me? And I hear you on tape laughing.”

The victim’s claim that Clinton smeared her following her rape is based on a May 1975 court affidavit Clinton wrote on behalf of Thomas Alfred Taylor, who Clinton agreed to defend after being asked by the prosecutor. Taylor had specifically requested a female attorney.

“I have been informed that the complainant is emotionally unstable with a tendency to seek out older men and engage in fantasizing,” Clinton, then named Hillary D. Rodham, wrote in the affidavit. “I have also been informed that she has in the past made false accusations about persons, claiming they had attacked her body. Also that she exhibits an unusual stubbornness and temper when she does not get her way.”

The victim denied Clinton’s claim she had ever accused anyone of attacking her before her rape.

“I’ve never said that about anyone. I don’t know why she said that. I have never made false allegations. I know she was lying,” she said. “I definitely didn’t see older men. I don’t know why Hillary put that in there and it makes me plumb mad.”

The newly-revealed audio recordings, which were taped in a series of interviews with a reporter whose story was never published, were uncovered by The Free Beacon at the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville, amid thousands of pieces of Clinton history.

On the tapes, Clinton seems to acknowledge that she was aware of her client’s guilt, boasts about successfully getting the only piece of physical evidence thrown out of court, and laughs about it all whimsically.

“He took a lie detector test. I had him take a polygraph, which he passed, which forever destroyed my faith in polygraphs,” Clinton says on the recording, failing to hold back some chuckles.

Instead of the original charge of first degree rape, prosecutors let Taylor plead to a lesser charge: unlawful fondling of a child. According to the Free Beacon, Taylor was sentenced to one year behind bars, with two months reduced for time served. A second attacker was never charged.

“Oh, he plea bargained. Got him off with time served in the county jail, he’d been in the county jail about two months,” Clinton said on the recording, apparently not remembering the sentence accurately.

by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
csxt99
by on Jun. 21, 2014 at 12:11 AM
3 moms liked this

So, she did exactly what defense attorneys do every single day. She defended her client while discrediting the accuser. That is their job as defense attorneys.

29again
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 12:35 AM
2 moms liked this

It is one thing to discredit another person.  Something else entirely to completely lie about them, and to make stuff up out of whole cloth! 

It is no surprise to read this about Billary.  She doesn't seem to like women (or girls, for that matter) who have relationships with men she is involved with.  She goes after the other females with a vengeance, but treats the males with that old "boys will be boys" attitude.  Sickening what she did to this poor girl.

Raintree
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 1:56 AM
You're doing exactly what this article claimed about Hillary.

This is what defense attorneys do.

Quoting 29again:

It is one thing to discredit another person.  Something else entirely to completely lie about them, and to make stuff up out of whole cloth! 

It is no surprise to read this about Billary.  She doesn't seem to like women (or girls, for that matter) who have relationships with men she is involved with.  She goes after the other females with a vengeance, but treats the males with that old "boys will be boys" attitude.  Sickening what she did to this poor girl.

grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 2:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Only a totally amoral, sociopath would destroy a 12 year old girl to get her/his client off the hook.  Apparently, you didn't listen to the just uncovered tape where she laughed during an interview at the time admitting that she knew he was guilty.  Or was that ok because she's a Clinton?  After all, she was just doing a friend a favor in defending this trash....you know, racking up the chits to cash in at a future date..

Quoting csxt99:

So, she did exactly what defense attorneys do every single day. She defended her client while discrediting the accuser. That is their job as defense attorneys.

grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 2:14 AM

Just like Obama, the old bag and her hubby are amoral sociopaths.  They have no conscience.

Quoting 29again:

csxt99
by on Jun. 21, 2014 at 2:20 AM

I don't care who the hell it was. She did exactly what a defense attorney is supposed to do, no matter who the accuser is.

Quoting grandmab125:

Only a totally amoral, sociopath would destroy a 12 year old girl to get her/his client off the hook.  Apparently, you didn't listen to the just uncovered tape where she laughed during an interview at the time admitting that she knew he was guilty.  Or was that ok because she's a Clinton?  After all, she was just doing a friend a favor in defending this trash....you know, racking up the chits to cash in at a future date..

Quoting csxt99:

grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 2:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Isn't that special.  You approve of amoral defense attorneys destroying little girls.  She didn't have to take that case.  She did it as a favor for her bud.

Oh, and btw.....I find criminal defense attorneys who know their clients are guilty, but defend them any way....usually for big bucks, notoriety. or as a favor.. disgusting.  I don't give a f**k if that's what they do.

She thought her defending him even though she knew he was guilty was funny.  Now she can deal with it.

I can't wait for the campaign adds where the GOP will play this tape over and over again, right along with "at this point, what difference does it make?"  If you lay down with the dogs, you get up with fleas.

Quoting csxt99:

I don't care who the hell it was. She did exactly what a defense attorney is supposed to do, no matter who the accuser is.

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting csxt99:

csxt99
by on Jun. 21, 2014 at 2:58 AM

Well good for you! 

Quoting grandmab125:

Isn't that special.  You approve of amoral defense attorneys destroying little girls.  She didn't have to take that case.  She did it as a favor for her bud.

Oh, and btw.....I find criminal defense attorneys who know their clients are guilty, but defend them any way....usually for big bucks, notoriety. or as a favor.. disgusting.  I don't give a f**k if that's what they do.

She thought her defending him even though she knew he was guilty was funny.  Now she can deal with it.

I can't wait for the campaign adds where the GOP will play this tape over and over again, right along with "at this point, what difference does it make?"  If you lay down with the dogs, you get up with fleas.

Quoting csxt99:

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting csxt99:

UpSheRises
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 7:55 AM
Two kinds of people that cant be trusted, right? Lawyers and politicians.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this

(not likely to win me any friends here, but)

This - exactly.

Our entire justice system depends on the accused getting the best defense possible.

I can't get all worked up over this and stay honest to myself.

Quoting csxt99:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)