Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Going out of way to make others look bad makes yourself look even worse.

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 5:17 PM
  • 63 Replies
2 moms liked this

Most here who know me know thatI do not associate myself with anyone political party of any kind. That being the case often when seeing these post I see them as an out sider looking in and trust me it looks pretty bad.

Everything is always a compettion and it is especially noticible by 2 inparticular. If something is posted by a Republican then a Deocrate most often a liberal must compete with a post.

I also see many times the last being something just posted this week where liberals will go out of their way to dig up something someone may have said out of obvious sarcasm 20 years ago which tells me they are just searching for things, anything negative and it actually makes them look allot worse then who they are tying to make a point that the other is so bad.

In all fairness I see it on both sides but I see the very liberal members doing it the most and as mentioned 2  in particular. Also as mentioned  myself not being associated with any political party I have no need to defend one over the other so I just call it like I see it, a big competition in who can out do the other at making the other look bad and it makes those who go out of their way to try so hard to sling mud on the other look even worse especially when it is obviously in competition and I see it more from the liberals

Also while I am at it I may as well go head and say I see the same thing aimed at Christianity. They and again the same 2 in-particular more so than others go so far out of the way looking for anything they can to discredit Christians. They will put so much effort into it that they will quote something one nut case might have said or done and try to use it to make it appear as if that is proof that all Christians are the same just because that one somebody happened to be a Christian. The end result is they make their self look worse by having to put so much effort into trying to make others look so bad

I have actually had to come to the conclusion that age must play a part. due to the style and manner it is done on a constant basis it appears to be very childish and immature like and does not appear to be the style or way someone of a mature age level would do or present their side of things and their views. Therefor in addition to making their self look bad always trying to put so much effort in to making others look bad the immature level it is done also leads me to feel like there is little to no knowledge behind it making it look every bit as ignorant as it does looking bad to begin with.

by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 5:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lylalane7275
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 5:56 PM
2 moms liked this

The way I see it is they are several ladies here that have lots of knowledge and I really enjoy learning new things from both Conservatives and Liberals.  There is another group here that simply has an agenda. 

Great post by the way.

Ms.KitKat
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 6:11 PM
4 moms liked this

Muslimah - I have enjoyed discussions with you. Many topics we agree on. I believe our discussions between us have always been resepctful.

However, in regards to your political affliation, I have noted on several occasions that you have personally aligned yourself with the more conservative 'side", including members. -not there's anything wrong with that! (think: Seinfeld)

And, anyone who has been here for at least the past 30 days clearly knows who these two are: 1  a Republican then a Deocrate . And then there is the: one nut case. Although I am not too sure those 3 would consider themselves as such.

So, I'm sorry, but can you tell me again what's up with this call-out post? I know you have a very direct approach and you like to tell it like it is so to speak.

But I would like to know what you are trying to accomplish?

Abaco
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 6:39 PM
3 moms liked this
I have a pretty good idea whom you speak of. I figure if they truly are different people they are immature. Please know you can be 60 something and be immature. But these two I'm thinking in their early 20's.
I also agree with lylalane that there is an agenda with a few. It's obvious they are not looking to learn or discuss anything. Then there are some that are willing to discuss. I try not to be so preachy so much anymore and really consider what others are saying.
The two I just avoid their silly threads as I just don't have the time anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1stmuslimah
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 7:28 PM

I am quite conservative about everything even personal issues within the home. I actually didn't intend on it being a call out post I started with the intention of stating an observation. There are many knowledgeable ladies here who have allot to offer a group and a post whether they are conservative, liberal or their political party they claim. Just because I am a conservative person there still are many liberal ladies I like and have had good discussions with. I just think it gets stupid when it turns in to a competition about everything and it gets to the point that people starting up something someone might have said 20 years ago in attempt to use that to make a whole group of people look bad.

There are nut cases all the way around from every group of people that exist not just politically motivated groups but just because one person who happens to be of said group or organization said or did something it is used as "told you so" in this group. When anyone has to make such as effort as to dig up something 20 years old that does not even speak for all with the intention of making all look bad they really do end up making their self look worse.

As i said my intention was not to be a call out post. I suppose that might be how it ended up sounding. I have just been noticing it so much lately and as much as I like this group I see this group more about competing who is worse than who more so than other groups. It's as if people (some) identifies everyone by their political affiliation rather than by what or who someone is based on what they say. It's like so cut and dry either you are a Republican or you are a Democrat and which ever name you aligned yourself with defines everything about who you are when nothing could be further from the truth. People have different levels of their involvement with political affiliations, some take it more seriously than others and there is no cookie cutter pattern meaning all are the same.

In spite of how my words may sound reading them if you could hear my tone of voice behind them you will realize I am not complaining. I am only stating an observation that I see and as I have said it is a very few and not the majority. It appears to be a majority because this very small group puts so much effort into it sometimes just one whole page is post of only them all trying so hard to compete to make the other look so bad. Soon as you see a certain few names without even looking at the title you already know exactly what it is lol but when you pay attention to the names it is only a very small number of active members which is also another reason it has brought me to the conclusion that age must play a factor. I can tell as I am sure others can by how someone will discuss an issue and their style of discussing even when the views are opposing it is a give away of maturity level. 

The one thing that does bother me more so than the whole political competition is all the effort spent on making Christians look so bad. I am not a Christian and therefore it is not personally offensive to me and does not put me in a position to where I need to defend myself against it but people make it look like it is their life mission to make everything about Christians to be so bad it really does not look very good.

My daughter is picking me up to go out tonight so if you don't see me answer I am gone and probably wont be back until tomorrow.

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Muslimah - I have enjoyed discussions with you. Many topics we agree on. I believe our discussions between us have always been resepctful.

However, in regards to your political affliation, I have noted on several occasions that you have personally aligned yourself with the more conservative 'side", including members. -not there's anything wrong with that! (think: Seinfeld)

And, anyone who has been here for at least the past 30 days clearly knows who these two are: 1  a Republican then a Deocrate . And then there is the: one nut case. Although I am not too sure those 3 would consider themselves as such.

So, I'm sorry, but can you tell me again what's up with this call-out post? I know you have a very direct approach and you like to tell it like it is so to speak.

1stmuslimah
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I avoid them too. It is obvious that the purpose of it is to get a rise out of people which is why people should not allow it to bother them personally and get so worked up at trying to defend them self or their group. For those who do it as an all day every day thing that is what they are after, drama. I would rather not give them the satisfaction.

I am not talking about people who post something here and there because maybe something is interesting to them whatever their view is or whatever the post is about. I am talking about  when it is habitual and obsessive to the point they run out of things and have to go back 20 years lol.

Quoting Abaco: I have a pretty good idea whom you speak of. I figure if they truly are different people they are immature. Please know you can be 60 something and be immature. But these two I'm thinking in their early 20's. I also agree with lylalane that there is an agenda with a few. It's obvious they are not looking to learn or discuss anything. Then there are some that are willing to discuss. I try not to be so preachy so much anymore and really consider what others are saying. The two I just avoid their silly threads as I just don't have the time anymore.

Ms.KitKat
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 8:18 PM
2 moms liked this

Thanks Muslimah!

I have to say, I agree with you in many areas. esp those I have highlighted in pink.

However, I have not personally seen bringing up things from 20 years ago-I guess I have not noticed that. I have not been on here as much this past week-what with summer and the kids keeping me busy.

But the bit about Christians? As I am sure you are aware, I am a Christian and I know we have discussed this before. I have been treated more poorly by other Christians than I have been by non-Christians. In fact, non-Christians have been more respectful to me than (some of) the Christians on CM.  

But- Have fun tonight with your dd!

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

I am quite conservative about everything even personal issues within the home. I actually didn't intend on it being a call out post I started with the intention of stating an observation. There are many knowledgeable ladies here who have allot to offer a group and a post whether they are conservative, liberal or their political party they claim. Just because I am a conservative person there still are many liberal ladies I like and have had good discussions with. I just think it gets stupid when it turns in to a competition about everything and it gets to the point that people starting up something someone might have said 20 years ago in attempt to use that to make a whole group of people look bad.

There are nut cases all the way around from every group of people that exist not just politically motivated groups but just because one person who happens to be of said group or organization said or did something it is used as "told you so" in this group. When anyone has to make such as effort as to dig up something 20 years old that does not even speak for all with the intention of making all look bad they really do end up making their self look worse.

As i said my intention was not to be a call out post. I suppose that might be how it ended up sounding. I have just been noticing it so much lately and as much as I like this group I see this group more about competing who is worse than who more so than other groups. It's as if people (some) identifies everyone by their political affiliation rather than by what or who someone is based on what they say. It's like so cut and dry either you are a Republican or you are a Democrat and which ever name you aligned yourself with defines everything about who you are when nothing could be further from the truth. People have different levels of their involvement with political affiliations, some take it more seriously than others and there is no cookie cutter pattern meaning all are the same.

In spite of how my words may sound reading them if you could hear my tone of voice behind them you will realize I am not complaining. I am only stating an observation that I see and as I have said it is a very few and not the majority. It appears to be a majority because this very small group puts so much effort into it sometimes just one whole page is post of only them all trying so hard to compete to make the other look so bad. Soon as you see a certain few names without even looking at the title you already know exactly what it is lol but when you pay attention to the names it is only a very small number of active members which is also another reason it has brought me to the conclusion that age must play a factor. I can tell as I am sure others can by how someone will discuss an issue and their style of discussing even when the views are opposing it is a give away of maturity level. 

The one thing that does bother me more so than the whole political competition is all the effort spent on making Christians look so bad. I am not a Christian and therefore it is not personally offensive to me and does not put me in a position to where I need to defend myself against it but people make it look like it is their life mission to make everything about Christians to be so bad it really does not look very good.

My daughter is picking me up to go out tonight so if you don't see me answer I am gone and probably wont be back until tomorrow.

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Abaco
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 9:13 PM
I've said before I believe Christians are the hardest on other Christians. I've been told (even recently in so many words) that I'm not a very good Christian if Christian at all, etc. And in silence by others told me the very same thing. In other words I guess we're meaner to each other : (

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Thanks Muslimah!

I have to say, I agree with you in many areas. esp those I have highlighted in pink.

However, I have not personally seen bringing up things from 20 years ago-I guess I have not noticed that. I have not been on here as much this past week-what with summer and the kids keeping me busy.

But the bit about Christians? As I am sure you are aware, I am a Christian and I know we have discussed this before. I have been treated more poorly by other Christians than I have been by non-Christians. In fact, non-Christians have been more respectful to me than (some of) the Christians on CM.  

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UpSheRises
by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 9:25 PM
3 moms liked this
I hear you mama. In defense of fellow posters, this board is toxic...they/we get caught up. Like when you drive by burger king and you can smell it then 5 min. later you're stuffing a rideo chicken sandwhich in your face even though you know damn, good, and well it poison.

I feel a bad for new people who come here and try to have discussions.
Raintree
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 10:26 PM
We're all much too hard in each other, generally.

Quoting Abaco: I've said before I believe Christians are the hardest on other Christians. I've been told (even recently in so many words) that I'm not a very good Christian if Christian at all, etc. And in silence by others told me the very same thing. In other words I guess we're meaner to each other : (

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Thanks Muslimah!

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

1stmuslimah
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 11:34 PM

Maybe you are meaner to each other then to others because I can't say that any have ever been mean to me. Any time I have ever had a problem with anyone which is actually only sometimes on Cafe Mom if I am in a rotten mood and start an argument or someone else is in a rotten mood and starts one but I never even think to attach a religion to it. I have had it done to me and have non Muslims point out to me how unIslamic I am because if I cuss or swear but I don't know if they are Christian or not.

Actually the last one was a couple months ago and she/he started out at about 8PM and was an Athiest. We fought all night and by morning she/he claimed to be a Muslim lol. Looking back on it a few days later I realized it was not even actually a Cafe Mom member it was yet another fake profile created by my stalker .

Quoting Abaco: I've said before I believe Christians are the hardest on other Christians. I've been told (even recently in so many words) that I'm not a very good Christian if Christian at all, etc. And in silence by others told me the very same thing. In other words I guess we're meaner to each other : (
Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Thanks Muslimah!

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)